IGNORED

Reinier

Even Mbappe, who looks like being a once-in-a-generation talent, is holding off on the big move to Madrid according to his recent interview, and Haaland just chose Dortmund to further his development. It's madness to go to such a massive club as Real Madrid at such a young age. They've already got that Vinicius Junior kid wasting his talent on the bench week in week out. 

On 02/11/2018 at 22:42, Zoo 2.0 said:

South Americans especially have a hard time getting into Barcelona and Real Madrid as they are mostly bought for marketing purposes. There is a power struggle between the two to be the most marketable which is why so many flavour of the month players from that continent make the switch and then get thrown onto the rubbish heap when they next one comes along. James Rodriguez was signed by Madrid after a solid World Cup although they already had Isco and Modric. Yerry Mina was signed for Barcelona despite Pique and Umtiti being one of the best centre-back pairings in Europe and they signed Malcom as he's an up and coming Brazilian that's popular at the moment. There was also an insane power struggle between Madrid and Barcelona for the signature of Neymar (so much so that he's still on Florentino Perez's radar) and to a latter extent Vincius Junior who's signed for Real Madrid for £40,000,000 despite being just 17.

It will continue to go on and on. South Americans will sign for Madrid and Barcelona as a marketing PR stunt before being tossed aside when the next one comes along. I disagree that Barcelona are terrible at integrating new ''players'' into their team (Lenglet, Arthur, Coutinho and Semedo for example are doing well) but without a doubt they sign players that they have no intentions of using just to expand the brand. 

I don't think he will leave either for what it's worth. Ousmane Dembele has a terrible attitude, most famously smashing up Jurgen Klopp's flat when he was denied a transfer out of Dortmund so is expected to leave Spain as the management there have had enough of him. I expect him to depart for Arsenal as early as this January leaving Malcom free to be the ''bit-part'' player of the front three. 

Easier to just quote myself from 2018 when discussing Malcom. Madrid and Barcelona hoard South American players and then toss them onto the rubbish heap six months later. Just look at Vincious Jr. who was dubbed as the next thing since sliced bread but who is already linked with moves away as his career is stagnating. 

Moving to either of those clubs is fantastic on face value, but unless you are already at the standard of Messi/Ronaldo then it's career suicide. 

Haaland did it right moving to BVB.

On 21/01/2020 at 22:43, Zoo 2.0 said:

Just look at Vincious Jr. who was dubbed as the next thing since sliced bread but who is already linked with moves away as his career is stagnating. 

50 games over not even 2 seasons for one of the biggest clubs in the world at 19 years old isn’t bad at all... I wouldn’t say it’s been a bad move for the lad.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

50 games over not even 2 seasons for one of the biggest clubs in the world at 19 years old isn’t bad at all... I wouldn’t say it’s been a bad move for the lad.

He has mostly been used as a sub in the latter third of Madrid's games, it's not as though he is getting the minutes that he would have been expecting. He removed himself from the warm down training after their last game and as a result was totally absent from the squad to face Real Valladolid. 

After much hype (unjustified I might add) his career at Real only seems to be heading one way and that's the exit door. Another South American to add to the conveyor belt.

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Yeah, I wonder what happened to Martin Odegaard? He was touted as the next Messi a few years back. All big clubs were after him and he chose Real. Haven't heard of him ever since.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8615399/Martin-Odegaard-set-end-two-year-Real-Sociedad-loan-early-return-Madrid.html

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

Yeah, I wonder what happened to Martin Odegaard? He was touted as the next Messi a few years back. All big clubs were after him and he chose Real. Haven't heard of him ever since.

he tore up the league at real sociedad on a 2 year loan, so much so that they cut it short and he's come back now.  great player there.