IGNORED

Whats everyone up to right now?

Cisk

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Christ mate you don't do things in half measures do you, hopefully you can get some decent rest with what's left of the night, and then tomorrow sent to the repair shop and be on your merry way back home. You need to change your profile picture to Steve Austin mate๐Ÿ˜‚ Good night buddy catch up later ๐Ÿ‘‹ย 

Finally got a bed at 5.30๐Ÿ™„. Got a few hours in, have a high tec (blue) sling so feeling a bit easier today. Also back on my old ward so some priceless faces this morning when they saw it was me again ๐Ÿ˜.

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Finally got a bed at 5.30๐Ÿ™„. Got a few hours in, have a high tec (blue) sling so feeling a bit easier today. Also back on my old ward so some priceless faces this morning when they saw it was me again ๐Ÿ˜.

๐Ÿ‘ย Same room as last time Mr Oldfield, would you also like an alarm call, breakfast in bed and a morning paper Sir ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Surgery then or just a follow-up?

Discharge notes say "hoping for a conservative treatment" but no guarantees I guess; this is the x-ray, doesn't show the fracture but the highlighted bits are the ball and socket which should obviously be a snug fit....at the moment they appear to be strangers!

image.thumb.jpeg.f2d5d09c187e95dbcfd28b5b89a9fe0f.jpeg

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Discharge notes say "hoping for a conservative treatment" but no guarantees I guess; this is the x-ray, doesn't show the fracture but the highlighted bits are the ball and socket which should obviously be a snug fit....at the moment they appear to be strangers!

image.thumb.jpeg.f2d5d09c187e95dbcfd28b5b89a9fe0f.jpeg

That looks nasty mate. I haven't seen what you did to sustain your injury, something wild and heroic I'm guessing?ย 

Told to keep on my wonderful NHS sling until next week but it was held together with micropore tape and inevitably fell to bits today (they took the decent one I'd had in hospital off me and gave me a crappy one on discharge for some reason); so ordered a new one online which will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Still so bloody painful, and everywhere I look seems to say that fixing dislocation needs to be done asap; it's going to be ten days until I get back in....don't get it.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Told to keep on my wonderful NHS sling until next week but it was held together with micropore tape and inevitably fell to bits today (they took the decent one I'd had in hospital off me and gave me a crappy one on discharge for some reason); so ordered a new one online which will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Still so bloody painful, and everywhere I look seems to say that fixing dislocation needs to be done asap; it's going to be ten days until I get back in....don't get it.

I dislocated my shoulder and cracked my shoulder blade years ago football training in a game on Astro turf, had it pulled back into position same evening, having it reset by a doctor and one male and female nurse was excruciating agony, two held me down whilst the doctor pulled my arm with all his strength this way and that until he eventually got it back in. The biggest mistake I made after was not attending the physio and boy do I feel like I am paying the price for that the last ten years or so constantly stiff and in pain especially when damp and cold, and plays havoc with your golf swing and work outs at the gym.ย 

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I dislocated my shoulder and cracked my shoulder blade years ago football training in a game on Astro turf, had it pulled back into position same evening, having it reset by a doctor and one male and female nurse was excruciating agony, two held me down whilst the doctor pulled my arm with all his strength this way and that until he eventually got it back in. The biggest mistake I made after was not attending the physio and boy do I feel like I am paying the price for that the last ten years or so constantly stiff and in pain especially when damp and cold, and plays havoc with your golf swing and work outs at the gym.ย 

That's what's confusing me; at one point in A&E a doc was saying they had to get it back in quickly and as no anasthesatists around in the small hours they'd do it without, I thought ouch but OK. Then another doc said op in the morning with either sedation or general but neither happened (despite them putting in a cannula); they seem to have been spooked by me being a neck breather so were unsure what to do....and I'm left with a dangly shoulder and a world of pain. Sucks big time.

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

That's what's confusing me; at one point in A&E a doc was saying they had to get it back in quickly and as no anasthesatists around in the small hours they'd do it without, I thought ouch but OK. Then another doc said op in the morning with either sedation or general but neither happened (despite them putting in a cannula); they seem to have been spooked by me being a neck breather so were unsure what to do....and I'm left with a dangly shoulder and a world of pain. Sucks big time.

I was always led to believe the quicker you can get it back into position the easier it is to do, the longer you leave it the more difficult it becomes due to increased swelling of the soft tissues around the joint, and I would have thought the quicker you get it back into alignment the less chance of further damage. But I'm no doctor mate so not really sure why they have left you with your dislocation and even sent you home. Like you say seems very strange.ย 

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

I'd just walk back into A&E and tell them the pain is too muchย 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'd just walk back into A&E and tell them the pain is too muchย 

Problem I have with that is the thought of another 8/10 hours in the waiting room with no respite, at least at home I can lie down on my bed....and there's the ยฃ90 it'd cost me in taxis there and back as well.

Just now, MikeO said:

Problem I have with that is the thought of another 8/10 hours in the waiting room with no respite, at least at home I can lie down on my bed....and there's the ยฃ90 it'd cost me in taxis there and back as well.

Just labour your breathing and exaggerate the pain. Ordinarily I wouldn't think of suggesting this stuff but you've had enough shit.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Phone or even better get one of the kids ย for an Ambulance, I can't believe you have been sent home without it being reset, trying to get my head around that and just can't. I'm assuming the pain is horrendous still at times mate. Did you know that you GP can refer you on the day with an appointment to by pass A&E where you would go straight to the department responsible for sorting it out.ย 

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely nothing.

Can't get dressed (without help), can barely cook, can't play my guitars, can't drive, can't sleep for more than two hours at a time, typing one fingered, can't wash properly, left thumb constantly spasming, absolute agony if I make a wrong move (hence sleep issues)....bloody nightmare.ย 

Been nearly three weeks now but estimate is twelve weeks to get some decent movement back, then up to eighteen months for full (or close to full) mobility.

Depressing parts are the fact that my right shoulder has been fucked since my first surgery in 2013 so that doesn't compensate, but mostly because a "displaced comminuted fracture of surgical neck humerus" is primarily an old persons injury:crying:

Joking aside it's really getting me down now, stupid game.