IGNORED

Political brain dump...

Matt

On 09/04/2020 at 11:25, Palfy said:

The WHO demand politicalisation of the Covid 19 virus after Trump attacks, that’s what should happen it is most definitely a political issue even though some on here say it isn’t, so keep fighting Pete your doing everyone a service by bringing the failures of this government to people’s attention, even though some deny it or don’t like it. 
The the truth is the Tories have fucked up not just in the last 3 month but the last 10 years. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-52224183

Errrr, they did the complete opposite and is completely the point I was making to start with. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Errrr, they did the complete opposite and is completely the point I was making to start with. 

Maybe you didn’t see my post earlier to Chach I had taken myself out of this debate for personal reasons, but you obviously didn’t pay any heed to that because you’re more interested in point scoring which makes it political, mate your a mod not god I think you are getting very confused with your role, you’re rant was condemning one up man ship your actions say different. 

Now have a bit of decency  and leave me out of this debate, and when I’m ready to come back then by all means take aim. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Did you read past the headlines? 

Trump threatens to review WHO funding. WHO then comply with the USs demands. A more accurate headline would be that trump bullied WHO. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Maybe you didn’t see my post earlier to Chach I had taken myself out of this debate for personal reasons, but you obviously didn’t pay any heed to that because you’re more interested in point scoring which makes it political, mate your a mod not god I think you are getting very confused with your role, you’re rant was condemning one up man ship your actions say different. 

Now have a bit of decency  and leave me out of this debate, and when I’m ready to come back then by all means take aim. 

I was just correcting you, not interested in point scoring at all. Enjoy the break. 

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Did you read past the headlines? 

Trump threatens to review WHO funding. WHO then comply with the USs demands. A more accurate headline would be that trump bullied WHO. 

Yes, I did. But the WHO have specifically called to not politicize it. It’s not the time. Accountability can come later.

43 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes, I did. But the WHO have specifically called to not politicize it. It’s not the time. Accountability can come later.

I expect better of you Matt. That statement isn't worth anything. If you hold a gun to anyone's head and they'd say anything and that's what the US have done by threatening the funding. 

This incompetence/neglect is costing lives every day. In football you wouldn't wait until you're relegated before sacking the manager, yet here we are with real lives at stake and I find it unbelievable to say just let them continue and wait until the end to pass judgement. Why let them continue to cost lives? We need action now. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I expect better of you Matt. That statement isn't worth anything. If you hold a gun to anyone's head and they'd say anything and that's what the US have done by threatening the funding. 

This incompetence/neglect is costing lives every day. In football you wouldn't wait until you're relegated before sacking the manager, yet here we are with real lives at stake and I find it unbelievable to say just let them continue and wait until the end to pass judgement. Why let them continue to cost lives? We need action now. 

To be honest, I’ve expected better from you but your camps firmly set.  a lot of the principles I agree with, just not your communication methods or approach.

Action is needed now and is taking place. Unity is required, don’t distract the incompetents in charge, hold them accountable when the fire is out because it’s not going to happen before that and distraction will only prolong things. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

To be honest, I’ve expected better from you but your camps firmly set.  a lot of the principles I agree with, just not your communication methods or approach.

Action is needed now and is taking place. Unity is required, don’t distract the incompetents in charge, hold them accountable when the fire is out because it’s not going to happen before that and distraction will only prolong things. 

Action is the most important thing right now but that's not gonna happen if we all just sit back and watch them let the world burn with their actions or lack of. Without the public pressure we'd be doing herd immunity outright and wouldn't be bothering with ppe at all. It's madness to say just sit back and wait for the full deathtoll before throwing the book at them, if we take action now we could prevent many needless deaths. 

For me any of those involved in the decision to not join the EU scheme for PPE should be suspended immediately pending further investigation once this is all over, likewise that should be extended to any politician who has abused their power to acquire testing kits for their families.

Once this is all over I'd charge every politician that has consistently voted against the NHS as they at the very best have been grossly negligent. 

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

wanted to pop back on because Trump has doubled down and now said he will remove funding from WHO for negative coverage against him.  They will review whether the money they send is worthwhile he said.

What a fucking imbecile.