IGNORED

Blackpool ( Friendly )

Btay

We learnt a lot from that.

Biggest stand out for me was how slow we are. We really lack any pace and energy. It looked like a vets team playing out there.

The young right back showed some promise though. Fast and energetic.

Basic was tidy and terrible. Looked to make some things look easy and simple, then gave the ball away just as easily. He will be sold.

Bolasie looked lively, but also like he was going to foul himself.

Branthwaite had a forgettable half.

Holgate the same.

Gordon, not sure I noticed him.

Midfield lacked... well everything really. Most annoying thing was Siggy comes away with two goals, a pat on the back and massive smile from Carlo. He did F all else.

Kean, simply needs to be loaned out, he has no will to prove himself at this level. Unless he’s just not that good.

This playing the ball around from the goalkeeper is surely only to make our possession seem higher? We can’t keep the ball for longer than 20 seconds once we leave the penalty area, even against league one teams.

Worried, really worried.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Biggest stand out for me was how slow we are. We really lack any pace and energy. It looked like a vets team playing out there.

Basic was tidy and terrible. Looked to make some things look easy and simple, then gave the ball away just as easily. He will be sold.

Holgate the same.

Midfield lacked... well everything really. Most annoying thing was Siggy comes away with two goals, a pay on the back and massive smile from Carlo. He did F all else.

Kean, simply needs to be loaned out, he has no will to prove himself at this level. Unless he’s just not that good.

This playing the ball around from the goalkeeper is surely only to make our possession seem higher? We can’t keep the ball for longer than 20 seconds once we leave the penalty area, even against league one teams.

Worried, really worried.

Left back mate 😙

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Holgate the same.

Gordon, not sure I noticed him.

Midfield lacked... well everything really. Most annoying thing was Siggy comes away with two goals, a pat on the back and massive smile from Carlo. He did F all else.

Worried, really worried.

😡 I play CM  for a vets team and  at 53 I’ve probably still got more pace and energy than that lot! 

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

😡 I play CM  for a vets team and  at 53 I’ve probably still got more pace and energy than that lot! 

Haha no offence to Vets players mate, they are usually the better teams around. 
Im playing myself this year.

That was insulting veterans everywhere to be fair. I’ll never compare us to vets again 🙂

Just seen the highlights. 

I know I said it this week but I wasn't expecting Holgate to make such basic mistakes so soon. Both first and third goals were terrible. The 2nd goal was dreadful all round. 

In terms of our goals, they were also shite. DcL bullying a defender at a corner, DcL diving for a penalty for the second and a free kick third. Not one open play goal, I just hope we had open play chances. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

It was the first match, but players won’t suddenly let get faster, that’s my issue. We still have that severe lack of pace, and without signings.....!

But there’s still plenty of time left in the window, I just don’t want to start the first match like this.

I keep banging on about this but we have to have those midfield signings in for the first game of the season. We can't get off to a slow start to the season and hurt an already fragile confidence in the squad.

I do not want to be sat here again after the first few games thinking "is our season done already?". 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I keep banging on about this but we have to have those midfield signings in for the first game of the season. We can't get off to a slow start to the season and hurt an already fragile confidence in the squad.

I do not want to be sat here again after the first few games thinking "is our season done already?". 

Exactly - I was saying earlier today to my brother in law that with a much shortened pre season and the extended transfer window it just feels like an extension of last season. As of now we have lost Baines and Schneiderlin and got nobody in. We’re lacking in confidence, struggling to score from open play and I can’t see why anything will change until we get a number of new faces in. I think with Allen’s alleged W desire to play for us and Carlo he would be the best fit as we desperately need positivity and desire and I hope that’ll rub off on some of the coasters we have now. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I get that, but what can any of us at this moment in time do to change it?

And if stories are true that. 

1) That Brands blames leaks for not getting the players we want. 
2) And Ancelotti is far from impressed with our inability to attract the players he wants. 
Then as a club we are fucked under the current regime, or do we believe that they know what they are doing and will turn it around, or is there a better suggestion or answer, because if this doesn’t work with infrastructure we have now, then championship here we come in the not so distant future. 
Money and lack of knowledge has fucked us up so far will it also prove to be our downfall?