IGNORED

Go For Roy Keane?

He is now a free contract, maybe sign him as a player/coach to help the team up the table. I think it would give the lads an extra boost in morale, but would Keane be up for a major pay-cut? its reported he is earning 100 thousand a week! Im all for the signing (as long as he takes a big pay-cut!) , what do you think?

When I heard the reoprts that Keane had left UTD I thought about maybe a short term contract for him to join us and then quickly changed my mind.

Keane likes to say his mind so it could up set the players and manager at the club and we have just got them working and playing for each other again.

Would only be a short term soloution and don't think it would be a good move.

Not a good idea for me

I'M GOING TO GET SLAUGHTERED FOR THIS

i'd have him until the end of the season he had years under AF without screaming his mouth of

i believe we need some players with character to fire the team up and think he would free up the space for neville to move to left back until nuno is back the possibly move to right back after that

think he is far better than carsley who i still is a decent player dont get me wrong short term contract until end of the season he could do that much damage and then if he is inspirational offer him another deal we can't really lose and DM wont bring him in if he does think he can handle him

neck on the block

i'll take him and would rather have him than some of the other teams pick him up

It will be like going down the same route that we had with Ginola.

Read reports over the weekend that he would favour a move to us or Villa as well.

Also saw reports that DM refused to comment when asked if he was interested in Keane after the West Brom game

I'M GOING TO GET SLAUGHTERED FOR THIS

i'd have him until the end of the season he had years under AF without screaming his mouth of

i believe we need some players with character to fire the team up and think he would free up the space for neville to move to left back until nuno is back the possibly move to right back after that

think he is far better than carsley who i still is  a decent player dont get me wrong short term contract until end of the season he could do that much damage and then if he is inspirational offer him another deal we can't really lose and DM wont bring him in if he does think he can handle him

neck on the block

i'll take him and would rather have him than some of the other teams pick him up

Sorry boys but i agree, he would be a big help with our current situation but no longer than a 1 year deal!

He was magnificent in his day but i think we're gonna be scraping the barrel to bring him here .

He's thirty '' fookin '' four years old and way past his best , he doesn't dominate the pitch anymore like he used 2 and is not good enough anymore .

He is not good enough for us !!!!!!! ;)

If Keane did come to Goodison in January, He would only be coming here to get thinks in order before he goes to Celtic in the summer. All we would be is a convinient stop gap for him.

what make any of you think he would stir our squad into action - Who are Everton to Roy Keane, he has no history with the club, so why should any player take notice of him and what he has got to say.

He has been the heartbeat of Man U for over 10 years so to a degree had a right to voice his concerns at Old Trafford and play the big man (but even they know he isn't the player he used to be - so they have got shut)

He has too big an opinion of himself in my eyes, He was able to get away with it in his prime, but I am afraid he is well past that.

WE WOULD NOT BE GETTING THE PLAYER WE KNOW FROM 3 or 4 YEARS AGO.

The greatest indicator yet that ex-Manchester United captain Roy Keane could be signing for Everton this week has come in the shape of online bookmakers Paddy Power stopping all bets on the Irishman joining the Blues.

Keane was reported to have been at Goodison Park on Friday to speak with management about a possible move, although he was also expected to open discussions with up to 5 other Premiership clubs.

Now, however, with several other online Bookmakers set to withdraw their odds on the strong midfielder joining the club, could Phil Neville be teaming up with an old friend?

http://advfn.oddschecker.com/advfn/mode/f/...948x/sid/763254

I must admit I never thought it would happen,

but looks like Celtic odds are drifting and Everton are shortning. But it does look like a two horse race at the minute.

Maybe he may come to us for low wages, just to keep training and playing locally until he is ready to move up to Celtic. i.e keep his options open.

If that is the case, no fee, lowish wages for 6 months or month by month contract, I have no problem with him in the squad with his experience.

Can't really see him signing anything more than up to the summer.

Its one of those signings, he could bomb totally, or have one last hurrah in the Prem as two fingers to Man U and Sir Alex for letting him go.