• 3 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Agreed. But comparisons are always pretty pointless and ultimatly misguiding. As long as he is class in his own right then thats all that matters to me. It will be interesting to see what his "game" is. It would be good to actually have a natural goal scorer come through the ranks at some point, both for Everton and England, as good as Rooney is he is not exactley an instinctive goal scorer. Can't say i've seen any of the lad play live apart from the ten minute cameo last weekend so i'm not too sure what he's like with the ball at his feet.

I look forward to hopefully watching this lad improve and improve.

• 9 months later...
depends how we do in the transfer market and how well we do in the europa i think. league cup looks the likeliest for any of the youngsters to get a shot

Second that 'Paulo...if we can get enough bodies in for the Europa and League (fatigue thats blatently goin to set in with our squad) then he will blood the boys in the cups :D

He's not developed enough (body size) to play as often as Rodwell did last season. So, like I said, it'd mean we'd had another bad summer if he's appearing fairly regularly for us next season.

thinks thats a poor excuse for not playing someone of his ability, jose is the same build as pienaar and osman and when i have seen him he actually looks quite ferocious and strong for his size. i think moyes just thought he was too young to play much last season but he will be a regular on the bench next season hopefully getting a few run outs late on in games we are winning and in the cups

jose is much smaller than pienaar and osman, similar size, but they have mens bodies, he isnt there physically yet.

we dont need to rush him if we have players, too much too soon can burn him out before he even starts.

Indeed. We don't want to see Jose Baxter turn out like Vaughan has done. Let's keep him well clear of injuries and play him when the time is right. He looked good against Blackburn and really changed the team (his enthusiasm went right around the team) I would like to see him again, but only when he and David Moyes are ready.

thinks thats a poor excuse for not playing someone of his ability, jose is the same build as pienaar and osman and when i have seen him he actually looks quite ferocious and strong for his size. i think moyes just thought he was too young to play much last season but he will be a regular on the bench next season hopefully getting a few run outs late on in games we are winning and in the cups

Osman being a midget with no strength is precisely the reason it took him so long to get into the first team. Unless Baxter beefs up it'll be the same for him.

Size!...Shankley said, and he was probably right "Give me a good big player over a good small player any day".

But look at Pienaar, he uses his size brilliantly these days, wasn't he the most fouled player in the prem or something similar, he is becoming an almost impossible opponent.

Size!...Shankley said, and he was probably right "Give me a good big player over a good small player any day".

But look at Pienaar, he uses his size brilliantly these days, wasn't he the most fouled player in the prem or something similar, he is becoming an almost impossible opponent.

Pienaar has much more strength than Osman, he's deceptively strong for someone of his size.

Pienaar has much more strength than Osman, he's deceptively strong for someone of his size.

im sure he must work hard on his upper body strength. arteta had to when he came over here, took him a couple of years. and look at cahill, hes only small, but his upper body strength is massive.

ive always been suprised osman hasnt improved his upper body, its not like he had pace he would lose form the extra weight.

but on baxter, i dont want to see him near the pitch for the first team next season, not unless hes scoring for fun for the reserves. he has a lot of development to do yet

im sure he must work hard on his upper body strength. arteta had to when he came over here, took him a couple of years. and look at cahill, hes only small, but his upper body strength is massive.

ive always been suprised osman hasnt improved his upper body, its not like he had pace he would lose form the extra weight.

but on baxter, i dont want to see him near the pitch for the first team next season, not unless hes scoring for fun for the reserves. he has a lot of development to do yet

i agree