IGNORED

Nottingham Forest (Home) 20th August

Romey 1878

23 hours ago, London Blue said:

Well done mate.

Have to disagree with you though, I think considering the injuries and lack of signings we need to play 5 at the back with attacking wingbacks.

Thought we were unlucky, had 19 shots, should have scored at least 3, when we have a striker we will score goals.

We just have to support the team and stay positive, we will be in a better place after the window and we have key players back.

I thought the same, we did more than enough to win the game. Suffered from poor finishing. Any other day, Gordon scores his. Any other day that scramble goes in. Even Toms finish was poor.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Doucoure, Godfrey, Mina, Alan.

They will struggle to get into the first team and aren’t really key players, I wouldn’t drop anyone for one of them at present. Davies will be dropped for Onana I expect and I don’t see Iwobi being replaced by Doucoure, I don’t see Mina replacing any of the CDs, maybe Godfrey might get to replace Holgate but at the moment Holgate is more than holding his own on the right side of a defensive 3. For me DCL is the only key player missing and hopefully those yet to be purchased. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

DCL

I think he goes without saying.

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They will struggle to get into the first team and aren’t really key players, I wouldn’t drop anyone for one of them at present. Davies will be dropped for Onana I expect and I don’t see Iwobi being replaced by Doucoure, I don’t see Mina replacing any of the CDs, maybe Godfrey might get to replace Holgate but at the moment Holgate is more than holding his own on the right side of a defensive 3. For me DCL is the only key player missing and hopefully those yet to be purchased. 

We will go back to playing 4 at the back in some games, Frank likes to be tactically flexible, but even in a 5 mad defence you need different players for different games.

Doucoure gets into the side when playing well because of his ability to get foreword and pose a goal threat and his energy and physicality.  

Alan has energy and can read the game, plus he gets around the pitch and is great at tackling. Certainly an option.

Godfrey is an option, he is a very good defender, just needs a run of games, he also has pace and can bring the ball out of defence, the ideal player to have in a 5 man defence.

Mina, when fit is one of the best defenders we have.

6 hours ago, London Blue said:

I think he goes without saying.

We will go back to playing 4 at the back in some games, Frank likes to be tactically flexible, but even in a 5 mad defence you need different players for different games.

Doucoure gets into the side when playing well because of his ability to get foreword and pose a goal threat and his energy and physicality.  

Alan has energy and can read the game, plus he gets around the pitch and is great at tackling. Certainly an option.

Godfrey is an option, he is a very good defender, just needs a run of games, he also has pace and can bring the ball out of defence, the ideal player to have in a 5 man defence.

Mina, when fit is one of the best defenders we have.

My point being if you call someone a key player they automatically walk straight back into the team when fit, I don’t see those you mentioned when fit getting back into the team automatically they are not key to our needs DCL most definitely is. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

My point being if you call someone a key player they automatically walk straight back into the team when fit, I don’t see those you mentioned when fit getting back into the team automatically they are not key to our needs DCL most definitely is. 

I agree DCL is key, the others are important to a matchday squad because of the qualities they bring.