IGNORED

Nottingham Forest (Home) 20th August

Romey 1878

• This is the first meeting between Everton and Nottingham Forest since January 1999 in the Premier League, when Forest won 1-0 Goodison Park.

• Everton have kept six clean sheets in their 10 Premier League games against Nottingham Forest, their highest percentage (60%) against any opponent they’ve faced 10+ times in the competition.

• Nottingham Forest have faced more shots (42) and have the highest expected goals against tally (4.03) in the Premier League so far this season.

• Everton have lost both their Premier League games so far this season, but haven’t lost each of their opening three matches in a league campaign since 1990-91.

• Taiwo Awoniyi scored Nottingham Forest’s winner against West Ham in his first ever Premier League start. The only player to score in his first two Premier Premier League starts for the club is Stan Collymore, in August 1994.

They are definitely vulnerable at the back. They sit really deep and they leave lots of gaps for a good team to play, keep the ball and build pressure.

They do look a bit of a handful on the counter and from set plays too. They remind me a little of Watford from the last couple of seasons. They are quite a big side, they have some decent attacking talent and they will try and get in behind. Awoniyi will cause our CBs lots of problems if we try and press up the pitch because he is quick and strong and looks to get in behind all the time. We need to stay focussed on stopping the counter and dont let the likes of Williams and Johnson have time on the ball to get their head up and play him in.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

They are definitely vulnerable at the back. They sit really deep and they leave lots of gaps for a good team to play, keep the ball and build pressure.

They do look a bit of a handful on the counter and from set plays too. They remind me a little of Watford from the last couple of seasons. They are quite a big side, they have some decent attacking talent and they will try and get in behind. Awoniyi will cause our CBs lots of problems if we try and press up the pitch because he is quick and strong and looks to get in behind all the time. We need to stay focussed on stopping the counter and dont let the likes of Williams and Johnson have time on the ball to get their head up and play him in.

Well that’s us fucked then.

We need 3 points here though. Bring Onana straight in and just hope we can finally find some sort of spark in the final third here. I would be tempted to play Vinagre over Myko for this one as well.

Pickford

Patterson    Tarkowski   Coady   Holage    Mykolenko/Vinagre

Onana     Iwobi

Gordon     Rondon       Gray

Not ideal to have Iwobi in there alongside Onana but that's the best we have at the moment.  Where he was sent on to make something happen last time, starting he needs to have the discipline to stay more around the middle and know when to push forward.

McNeil looks like he's struggled a bit so far so i'd go with Gray and if Gordon isn't busy searching for houses in London then he should start along with Rondon who can be a good focal point and give their defence some problems and looking to get one whatever the wing backs throw in.

Fingers cross we get it right and take 3 much needed points.

We are at home and Forest will sit back.  Need to get at them so I would sacrifice a CB.  I would pay 4-5-1.

Pickford
     Patterson Holgate Tarkowski Mykolenko
Gray       Iwobi       Allan       Onana       Gordon
                             Rondon

He won't pick Allan so it would have to be Davies but he won't go four at the back so my suggestion will never happen.

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I bet they don't. They'll be smelling blood and rightly so because we're there for the taking.

I actually think them winning over the weekend was the best possible outcome for us. Hope they have a little slump post-first victory back in the prem.

How depressing that I'm having to find reasons why we might be able to beat a newly promoted side. We really are shit aren't we 😂

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I actually think them winning over the weekend was the best possible outcome for us. Hope they have a little slump post-first victory back in the prem.

How depressing that I'm having to find reasons why we might be able to beat a newly promoted side. We really are shit aren't we 😂

I know what you mean - it's horrible looking at the fixture list and thinking every single game looks tough!!

Pickford
               Coady   Holgate     Tarkowski     

Patterson        Iwobi       Davies         Mykolenko

Mc Neil                  Gordon

Rondon

more of a back three than back five in this game with Patterson and Mykolenko further up the pitch. Think this would be a good game for McNeil - hopefully a bit further forward and seeing more of the ball around there their box. Think McNeil could open things up more than Grey. 

Potentially, Onana in for Davies if Frank feels he is ready to start - but its maybe a little too early for him to run the middle of the park for us and I think Onana could be massive impact of the bench after 60mins or so - just like we saw at the weekend. He can study the match and its overall pace a bit before he gets on the pitch.   

I will simply take any sort of a win.

32 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Pickford
               Coady   Holgate     Tarkowski     

Patterson        Iwobi       Davies         Mykolenko

Mc Neil                  Gordon

Rondon

I think Rondon has to start.

I'd go with Onana in place of Davies from the off though. And I'd maybe even like to see Dele in for maybe McNeil, just to see whether he really has fallen off the cliff.

4 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

I think London has to start.

I'd go with Onana in place of Davies from the off though. And I'd maybe even like to see Dele in for maybe McNeil, just to see whether he really has fallen off the cliff.

If it wasn't obvious last season and beginning of this that Lampard does either rate or trust Alli, then this weeks event leave no room for doubt. It becoming obvious to me that Alli is no way a Lampard signing. 

I want to see the likes of McNeil building those partnerships with Patterson etc. The more they player together the quicker it will begin to gel. 

I suspect you may be right. It's just I'd like to see it with my own eyes on the pitch.

I want him to do well, cos there is a player in there, and it's a shame to see that go to waste. 

I think Forest are due a loss and we are due a win, they are not a team with oodles of quality,they are just running on that newly promoted bounce. 

I would take that risk right now. And if it's obvious he's not up for it, then be on the phone to Besiktas straight after the match.

Having said that, FL sees him everyday, and maybe he already knows. 🤷‍♂️

Pickford

Tark,   Holgate, Coady

Patterson                                     Myk

Onana    Iwobi

Gordon             Rondon          Grey

Holgate pushing up into midfield.

28 minutes ago, RPG said:

I think a low scoring draw or an unflattering win is in order.

Pickford

Holgate  Coady  Tarkowski

Patterson  Onana  Iwobi  Mykolenko/Vinagre

Gordon/Gray Rondon  McNeil

Probably have to sub Rondon at half time if he's goosed but I think he has to start.

Give me a unflattering win every time it seems like we are back in a relegation fight and we’ve only played 2 games 

7 hours ago, RPG said:

I think a low scoring draw or an unflattering win is in order.

Pickford

Holgate  Coady  Tarkowski

Patterson  Onana  Iwobi  Mykolenko/Vinagre

Gordon/Gray Rondon  McNeil

Probably have to sub Rondon at half time if he's goosed but I think he has to start.

Wouldn’t go with McNeil he’s been embarrassingly shite the last 2 games.  

9 hours ago, RPG said:

The obvious alternative would be a front three of Gordon, Rondon and Gray with McNeil on the bench. Either works for me.

Having just seen Frank's pre match interview I think it's fair to say that if Onana is fit he will start but that he may benefit from another week of training to get fully up to speed. So 50/50 whether he starts or not I think.

I hope Onana starts, even if it’s just 60 minutes. We have 5 subs so there’s relatively no risk in a double change at the hour mark of the game to inject some energy into midfield and another winger if need be.