IGNORED

Boulaye Dia

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s was what he was saying at Burnley when he kept mentioning the only decent season they had when he was there, but he hasn’t played 442 with us maybe because he’s not had 2 forwards to put together so not saying he won’t given the right opportunity, but here he’s played 1 forward up front and hasn’t played Doucoure as a forward, he’s relied or allowed him using his energy to try and join the front man when he can from the midfield. 

Setting up 442 doesn't mean we stay 442 through all periods of play. So 1 of his 2 up front goes box to box, so what? You can see the starting shape at kickoff, but there's so many formations during a game it's kinda irrelevant.

But if we don't have them, we can't guess lineups  :D

We don’t really have traditional formations anymore. 
Even Dyche has said that it changes through the match depending on if you have the ball or not.

Formations are more for FIFA fans. we have been playing with players all over the pitch. Full backs push when they get chance.

Wingers swap when they feel like it. Dwight often comes into the middle and plays as a No10. 

Like Matt says. We start in a formation, but that changes once we kick off. 

On 26/07/2023 at 21:46, Palfy said:

That’s was what he was saying at Burnley when he kept mentioning the only decent season they had when he was there, but he hasn’t played 442 with us maybe because he’s not had 2 forwards to put together so not saying he won’t given the right opportunity, but here he’s played 1 forward up front and hasn’t played Doucoure as a forward, he’s relied or allowed him using his energy to try and join the front man when he can from the midfield. 

Just because he doesn’t have two forwards doesn’t mean he wasn’t playing Doucoure as a forward. Hendrix played as a forward in his Burnley team in a similar style. But if you get the chance, ask Dyche, he’ll tell you we played 442 last year whenever he had Doucoure available.  
Doucoure wasn’t a midfielder supporting the attack, he was a forward supporting the midfield. Again, not my opinion, Dyche’s actual plan. 

If you watch the video I posted you’ll understand how he uses his second forward to support the midfield.

10 hours ago, StevO said:

Just because he doesn’t have two forwards doesn’t mean he wasn’t playing Doucoure as a forward. Hendrix played as a forward in his Burnley team in a similar style. But if you get the chance, ask Dyche, he’ll tell you we played 442 last year whenever he had Doucoure available.  
Doucoure wasn’t a midfielder supporting the attack, he was a forward supporting the midfield. Again, not my opinion, Dyche’s actual plan. 

If you watch the video I posted you’ll understand how he uses his second forward to support the midfield.

That video is one of the first I saw on here when he was being talked about. Its very clear how he wants to play. 

13 hours ago, StevO said:

I watched it Steve his second forward wasn’t finding himself consistently deep in his own half like Doucoure was for us when the opposition had the ball, his second striker was either goal side or just in front of a CB or holding MF 10-20 yards into our half when they are attacking our area if you don’t believe me watch it again. Dyche hasn’t said he played 442 with us and used Doucoure as a forward in a front two, you’ve posted something from his time at Burnley and applied it to us. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

I watched it Steve his second forward wasn’t finding himself consistently deep in his own half like Doucoure was for us when the opposition had the ball, his second striker was either goal side or just in front of a CB or holding MF 10-20 yards into our half when they are attacking our area if you don’t believe me watch it again. Dyche hasn’t said he played 442 with us and used Doucoure as a forward in a front two, you’ve posted something from his time at Burnley and applied it to us. 

Dyche has said about us playing 442, and mentioned Doucoure playing further forward to support the forwards, but it’s not really worth our time discussing it anymore is it? 

32 minutes ago, StevO said:

Dyche has said about us playing 442, and mentioned Doucoure playing further forward to support the forwards, but it’s not really worth our time discussing it anymore is it? 

No it isn’t mate, because at the beginning of next season it will be what it will be, and we all just want it to work no matter what formation or players involved.