IGNORED

Southampton (Home) 14th Jan

Romey 1878

4 minutes ago, RPG said:

The results are certainly worse, yes. I think the biggest mistake has been to chop and change systems. 5-3-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3 etc. He has been unlucky with injuries and has had to shop for players at bargain basement prices so I have a lot of sympathy for him but he is not blameless, I agree.

Interested to know mate would you have appointed Frank if we were in a better position. AND would you sack him now today?

I think lampard was a poor appt but maybe a symptom of how far we have sunk. I would be happy with Dyche I would have taken him over a number of our other manager choice. I see him as a bit like moyes he may not be ancelotti but he can build a team better than the sun of its parts and that is what we need. 
my perfect scenario would have been kept ancelloti but I get that was never going to happen.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Do you know what really annoys me about yesterday? In that first half I actually thought we played quite well and could have been leading by more than 1 goal (Bailey, just keep quiet because I cba reading an essay on how Southampton were actually Barcelona at their peak and played us off the park). We attacked well and while it was still hit and miss, it was more hit for a change I thought.

I'm sat there at half time thinking just keep it tight for the first 10 minutes of the second half and the Southampton players will really feel the pressure then and we can push again and finish it off. We didn't even last 50 second of the second half and we kicked off! That absolutely killed us and we never recovered. The game was only going to be won by Southampton from that point on because our confidence is so fragile. Players didn't want the ball, players didn't want to play the ball forward (even with throw-ins we'd automatically face back towards our own goal!). Even if the ball forward was a simple one that was risk free, because a player had actually found some space, they still did not want to choose that option.

I was going to go more with 2017 Real Madrid but I get the point!