IGNORED

Southampton (Home) 14th Jan

Romey 1878

No quality and no ideas.

Did Bazuna actually make a save of note at home to the worst side in the league?

The experienced defenders we brought in struggled against one of the limpest attacks we will play all season. 

Frank has to go now so that we can get someone else in before the end of the window to save our season.

Frank's looks like he knows he's done. Feel bad for him but you can't lose this many games and stay. So that'll cost us a fortune to get rid and get Dyche in, and we're like to go down anyway, this team are the pits. Nothing good will happen at our club until all the rot is cleared from top to bottom, and it'll take relegation to provoke that and start again. Until then, keep papering over the cracks.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No quality and no ideas.

Did Bazuna actually make a save of note at home to the worst side in the league?

The experienced defenders we brought in struggled against one of the limpest attacks we will play all season. 

Frank has to go now so that we can get someone else in before the end of the window to save our season.

We are this seasons easy meal club that everybody looks at as being 3 point. 

After getting in late and reading about the death threat etc, who in their right mind would want to come to this club!

The whole thing is going from bad to worst.

This is as low as I can remember feeling as and Everton fan. Not a great day in our history for a number of reasons, the board, the football results and even though they will be the smallest of majorities the fans as well.

2 minutes ago, RPG said:

And if we thought that Soton was a 6 pointer, we are away to West Ham next week! Lose that and it really is game over I think.

With all the toxic atmosphere around the club at the moment, I think we should be more worried about Frank resigning than debating whether or not we sack him.

It would not suprise me if he went home spoke to his family, and he will decide to resign. Who needs this type of shit in there lives.

He would actually help the board and the club by doing this, as would ease the pressure around the place and the sack or not to sack has been taken out of the clubs hand.

Going beyond toxic now. 

Don't want to blame Frank he hasn't had much of a chance unlike say Koeman, Silva, and Ancelotti who all had millions to spend, but I struggle to see him getting any more out of this team, so if he was sacked or resigned we may be lucky to get a manager and not necessarily a big name who can get something out of these players, you never know the new manager bounce back effect may be what we need to stop the rot and give ourselves a fighting chance, otherwise we just go down without a fight knowing Lampard won't save us.

On 08/01/2023 at 10:05, Romey 1878 said:

So basically the blueprint for beating us then - wait for us to make a stupid challenge around the area to give Ward-Prowse the chance from a free-kick, and let us have the ball so we pass it around, going nowhere, until we fuck up and gift them an easy goal.

Not far off. Fucking hell.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

To all our foreign fans that have never been to a game, I suggest you get over sharpish if you wish to see us play in the Premier League because we are finishing bottom of the pile this season.

See I've been to Goodison, albeit back in 2015 so it's been a minute. I bought plane tickets to come out to the UK for 2 weeks in late April of this year. 1) because I genuinely want to do a 2 week road trip of the UK and 2) to see my last match at Goodison. It's one of the main reasons I'm going. 

By that point in the season, we could already be relegated and that makes me very sad to think that that will be how I remember Goodison.

4 hours ago, RPG said:

And if we thought that Soton was a 6 pointer, we are away to West Ham next week! Lose that and it really is game over I think.

With all the toxic atmosphere around the club at the moment, I think we should be more worried about Frank resigning than debating whether or not we sack him.

I disagree mate he picks the team and has say on signings, Gana is his signing and he has been in the midfield of a poor side. Frank is on the hook for this hat other prom manager would have out seen this.

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It would not suprise me if he went home spoke to his family, and he will decide to resign. Who needs this type of shit in there lives.

He would actually help the board and the club by doing this, as would ease the pressure around the place and the sack or not to sack has been taken out of the clubs hand.

Going beyond toxic now. 

This. Feel sorry for him. 

4 hours ago, RPG said:

Unlike Ancelotti and Koeman, Frank is seriously hamstrung by finances. The days of buying four Number 10s at up to 40 mill a go are over. Frank bought the best he could within the parameters in which he has to operate. A classic case of 'don't shoot the messenger' in my opinion as Frank has been left holding a very poisoned chalice from day one. I don't think Guardiola could get us out of the mess we are in and I am getting ready for next seasons fixtures to include Plymouth Argyle.

I don’t know the maths of it but he did get given money from Ricky sale. The CB pairing the midfield pairing the back up striker and one winger were all his. He has to take some responsibility for our position 

6 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I don’t know the maths of it but he did get given money from Ricky sale. The CB pairing the midfield pairing the back up striker and one winger were all his. He has to take some responsibility for our position 

Our main problem is trying to spread the sale from one player across the who squad. CB's, midfield, wings, striker. Its a lot fire fighting and plugging gaps, while still trying to build something for the future. I think the Everton managers job is arguably the toughest job in the Premier League and beyond. Shit to average squad of players, shit board, FFP restriction on spending, and massive demanding and pissed off fan base. 

Dont get this threat to the board, yes chant at them, yes have banners, yes vent your splien.

Who would want to harm G Sharp, no one, this threat has not been given any credibility about its source.

Sounds like a FM publisity stunt to take the pressure of them, and dump it on the fans.

To come out and blame the fans for him sacking managers, just shows how cluless this man is, and he will go to any lenghths to excuse his lack of ability to run a premiership club.

Do you know what really annoys me about yesterday? In that first half I actually thought we played quite well and could have been leading by more than 1 goal (Bailey, just keep quiet because I cba reading an essay on how Southampton were actually Barcelona at their peak and played us off the park). We attacked well and while it was still hit and miss, it was more hit for a change I thought.

I'm sat there at half time thinking just keep it tight for the first 10 minutes of the second half and the Southampton players will really feel the pressure then and we can push again and finish it off. We didn't even last 50 second of the second half and we kicked off! That absolutely killed us and we never recovered. The game was only going to be won by Southampton from that point on because our confidence is so fragile. Players didn't want the ball, players didn't want to play the ball forward (even with throw-ins we'd automatically face back towards our own goal!). Even if the ball forward was a simple one that was risk free, because a player had actually found some space, they still did not want to choose that option.

19 minutes ago, RPG said:

Some, yes but he is being set up as the only fall guy and whilst I understand the frustration and the desire to see change, I am not at all convinced that any other manager could do any better with the same resources and funding.

There is defo some truth to both sides but when you say the same resources Frank has some of his own resources and the side is worse than last season.