IGNORED

Sinbins in football

The sin bin an American concept which originated in the NHL, if we implement it into the true world wide sport of football then we’ve truly become a Micky Mouse community. Is the game of football so broken that we need to fix it with gimmicks like VAR and now potentially a sin bin, what was so wrong with football for a 140 years that there gimmicks have made better, I’d rather the human mistakes of the ref and linesmen than the mistakes of VAR which can take 3 minutes to come to and in doing so killing the rhythm and intensity of the game and still getting it wrong. Referees and linesmen have progressively got worse since the introduction of VAR because it’s taken the responsibility away from them to get major decisions right. I can think of a lot of people who need to go into a sin bin and it isn’t the players. 

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The sin bin an American concept which originated in the NHL, if we implement it into the true world wide sport of football then we’ve truly become a Micky Mouse community. Is the game of football so broken that we need to fix it with gimmicks like VAR and now potentially a sin bin, what was so wrong with football for a 140 years that there gimmicks have made better, I’d rather the human mistakes of the ref and linesmen than the mistakes of VAR which can take 3 minutes to come to and in doing so killing the rhythm and intensity of the game and still getting it wrong. Referees and linesmen have progressively got worse since the introduction of VAR because it’s taken the responsibility away from them to get major decisions right. I can think of a lot of people who need to go into a sin bin and it isn’t the players. 

Obviously I may be biased, but I like the concept of VAR. Replay officiating works pretty well in leagues like the NFL; the PL is way beyond incompetent with the way they execute it though. It really shouldn't be as hard as they make it. I feel like a lot of the calls are made in a corrupt nature. I also think if VAR didn't exist that it would still be just as corrupt however, if not more. I don't trust the refs in the PL at all. It's honestly shocking how bad or obvious the calls are sometimes. I will say that I don't think VAR's failure is the result of the concept itself but more so the terrible execution of the use of the technology. Like I said, it shouldn't be that hard. 

*I don't agree with the "sinbins" concept.