IGNORED

Fulham (Away) 30th January

Romey 1878

14 hours ago, Gwlad said:

I worry that mentally our players are now going to be affected by the recent results and our league position. TH and City matches might add to that. 

I think they will reminding themselves that they are good enough for 12th in the league and that it probably should be better given the points we have dropped in certain games.

If we match the points we got in the first half of the season we will be fine.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Why? We kept fighting last season in a much worse position. This season we've got a good early start to look back on and the entire "fuck the league" to drive us on. Not worried yet.

We did keep fighting last season, but I don’t know: fatigue.

It’s really hard to keep fighting like that. Especially when there the monkey(s) on your back of points deduction, another potential points deduction, not being able to bloody score.

24 minutes ago, badaids said:

We did keep fighting last season, but I don’t know: fatigue.

It’s really hard to keep fighting like that. Especially when there the monkey(s) on your back of points deduction, another potential points deduction, not being able to bloody score.

We're so much fitter than last season but I know what you mean. Doucoure and Gana coming back soon will give us a bit more depth and energy hopefully

We are one of the hardest working teams in the league if not the hardest, and yes the fitness levels are fantastic, but that’s not enough on it’s own we need to find away to score. At the end of last and season and beginning of this we were prolific at scoring from dead ball situations which have now completely dried up, the opportunities have been there but the execution as been poor, whether that being the quality of delivery or poor runs in the box they need to sort it out. For me the importance of set plays is crucial for our survival as it was the last season. 

Just now, Palfy said:

We are one of the hardest working teams in the league if not the hardest, and yes the fitness levels are fantastic, but that’s not enough on it’s own we need to find away to score. At the end of last and beginning of this we were prolific at scoring from dead ball situations which have completely dried up, the opportunities have been there but the execution as been poor, whether that being the quality of delivery or poor runs in the box they need to sort it out. For me the importance of set plays is crucial for our survival as it was the last season. 

That's what happens when every set piece is exactly the same - teams can combat it. We float the ball to the back post towards Tarkowski's head, whether that's a free-kick or a corner.

We don't even contemplate whipping a ball in or doing the slightest thing differently.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

That's what happens when every set piece is exactly the same - teams can combat it. We float the ball to the back post towards Tarkowski's head, whether that's a free-kick or a corner.

We don't even contemplate whipping a ball in or doing the slightest thing differently.

I agree that’s why the need to sort it out, we have plenty of tall strong players who are good in the air, yet our poor execution is costing us, and with our poor finishing in open play our dead ball situations should be our best chance of getting the points we require to stay up. 

Also Rom how the fuck are you hiding your name when you are clearly logged on the site, it’s something I’ve been curious about for a while now, might start calling you the spy or invisible man 😃 What’s the secret I won’t tell 🤐

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I agree that’s why the need to sort it out, we have plenty of tall strong players who are good in the air, yet our poor execution is costing us, and with our poor finishing in open play our dead ball situations should be our best chance of getting the points we require to stay up. 

I don't think it's poor execution at all, it's just that it's so predictable that the opposition are good at stopping it now because they know exactly where the ball is going to go. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Also Rom how the fuck are you hiding your name when you are clearly logged on the site, it’s something I’ve been curious about for a while now, might start calling you the spy or invisible man 😃 What’s the secret I won’t tell 🤐

I'll tell you if you learn how to copy and paste.

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Fulham (Away) 30th January