IGNORED

Just Seen This - Transfer Window Spec

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd a load of bullshit people, another pathetic attempt by Moyes to appease the fans with absolutely nothing. I am really starting to hate Moyes and his thinking that Evertonians are thick enough to fall for this shithouse game again.

The true test comes now after Barton's agent has said that he definitely has that £5.5million clause meaning he can talk to the club who bids and decide if he wants to leave (it was mostly specualtion before now), If Everton are serious about this (which I highly doubt) then the pressure has been put on us to make that offer.

I would really like to see this happen. I think that Barton would be a massive bonus to the squad, especially alongside Cahill, VDM and Arteta.

I think that this may still happen as it appears both Pearce and Moyes are building themselves up for a war or words. There is a lot which is not reported in the media though, so you never quite know the full extent of what is ever happening!

;)

I would fucking love Barton here, he is the one player I wouldhave above every other midfielder we have been linked with. I just think the way Moyes is talking - man city say he's not for sale and we respect that says to me that we wont pursue it anymore and we were never likely to. If Moyes proves me wrong then fair play to him, and he brings other people in then he will keep my support.

All I will say is that Moyes has a habit on turning on what he has already said. When he is selling, he says that players are not available for sale - just to bump the prices up. When he says he is not interested, its to try and keep a settled price. Pearce is only playing Moyes at his own game I think.

Time will reveal all though... ;)

Like Andy said you don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Either there is a £5.5m clause, in which case he is for sale or there's not, in which case he's probably not. Something doesn't add up and DM's not daft enough to think people won't notice that surely. Still dubious about Barton but we desperately need midfield creativity and I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Like Andy said you don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Either there is a £5.5m clause, in which case he is for sale or there's not, in which case he's probably not. Something doesn't add up and DM's not daft enough to think people won't notice that surely. Still dubious about Barton but we desperately need midfield creativity and I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Mike there is a clause, his agent has said it himself today.

I don't know that much about premiership buys and deal's, however I am sure that there is something else which Man City will want. The price, which I think is an out and out bargain for Barton, may be agreed, but there may be other things they want, such a buy-back deals, success charges (i.e. if we get into Europe with Barton we give Man City a further amount of money) etc, etc, etc. It may be that these deals need to be agreed before the complete sale is done.

I am only plucking things out of the air in the desperate hope that this may still be on!

:)

I would like to think that Barton would choose his 'boyhood' team, however, as we all know, it seems like footballers wallets have more draw to a club than their heart.

It would be nice to have a player at the club who plays with their heart and pride. Come on Joey...you know you want to wear a proper blue shirt!

:D

just been reading what Moyes said, respect for Pearces decision???

that does not please me, we need to be a bit more ruthless! does Alex Ferguson show respect when he wants a player?

i hope this moves forward abit, waiting for a headline;

Barton says "Once a Blue Always A Blue" :lol:

Charlton Athletic have ended their interest in signing Sheffield Wednesday defender Madjid Bougherra.

The Owls rejected a £1.3million offer from the Premiership strugglers last week and reports suggested a revised bid would be submitted.

Bougherra had also claimed that he wanted the opportunity to discuss a move to the top flight, with Everton also monitoring his situation.

But Wednesday chief executive Kaven Walker has now revealed that Charlton are no longer looking to sign the centre-half.

"Charlton's chief executive Peter Varney told me personally they are no longer interested," Walker told the Sheffield Star.

"They have moved on, but there is further interest.

"I cam make no further comment beyond that, but there is always going to be interest in him."

Owls boss Brian Laws told Sky Sports News on Monday that he believes Bougherra can play in the Premiership, but will not allow the Algerian to leave Hillsborough for less than the club's valuation.

that does not please me, we need to be a bit more ruthless! does Alex Ferguson show respect when he wants a player?

Moyes has played his cards mate he's gone public which basically reads.

"Joey hand in a transfare request and I'll come and get you"!

Its the player who put in the Clause, so if Everton put in the 5.5 Bid, the club cant stop the player from talking to whoever meets the offer. Doesnt matter that he's not for sale or they dont want to sell him, that was the terms they agreed to when Barton signed the Contract.

So theres no problem Moysey, show some Bottle and go after the player................(if its true that you asked about him). <_<

Not sure, but we got two mill for Kilbane, and hes hoping to sell Davies for three mill. ??

he has'nt actually put in a bid, its just another smokescreen, every player is for sale at the right price and his price is limited to 5.5mill.

My personal opinion is that if DM wanted to sign him he would know that there is a release clause.

Even if we did offer 5.5m so would Spurs and Newcastle to name a few.

yeah he might be an Everton fan however they will most prob offer more money and have the money to then say that we can buy the better players to play with you.

no chance and DM knows that which is why he has done that.

Someone will offer 5.5m and we might do the same knowing that we won't get him.

Mark my words.

'No Chance in Hell'

My personal opinion is that if DM wanted to sign him he would know that there is a release clause.

Even if we did offer 5.5m so would Spurs and Newcastle to name a few.

yeah he might be an Everton fan however they will most prob offer more money and have the money to then say that we can buy the better players to play with you.

no chance and DM knows that which is why he has done that.

Someone will offer 5.5m and we might do the same knowing that we won't get him.

Mark my words.

'No Chance in Hell'

BOOO!!!!!

keep a little optimism, just a little :huh:

agreed stevo, it does my head in how much of a shithouse moyes is in the transfer market!

DM: excuse me, how much is that player in the window?

Manager: hes not for sale at any price! *agents pops up behind him showing contract and various sub clauses allowing player to leave for a certain amount of money*

DM: *stares blankly* oh well, i guess theres just no way in hell that i could even have a chance of signing this player, pleasure doing business with you, cheerio!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=1...amp;toyear=2007

Charlton Athletic have ended their interest in signing Sheffield Wednesday defender Madjid Bougherra.

The Owls rejected a £1.3million offer from the Premiership strugglers last week and reports suggested a revised bid would be submitted.

Bougherra had also claimed that he wanted the opportunity to discuss a move to the top flight, with Everton also monitoring his situation.

But Wednesday chief executive Kaven Walker has now revealed that Charlton are no longer looking to sign the centre-half.

"Charlton's chief executive Peter Varney told me personally they are no longer interested," Walker told the Sheffield Star.

"They have moved on, but there is further interest.

"I cam make no further comment beyond that, but there is always going to be interest in him."Owls boss Brian Laws told Sky Sports News on Monday that he believes Bougherra can play in the Premiership, but will not allow the Algerian to leave Hillsborough for less than the club's valuation.

That sounds very ominous