IGNORED

Just Seen This - Transfer Window Spec

no to davies...definately no, no point in sellign beattie if all we get is kevin davies his clone

i would love smith the most

Disagree there Craccer, I rate Davies highley, hes a great target man and works his testicles off for the team, I use to hate the puff out chest tosser but fair play to him, hes a threat and always looks dangerous when where playing, not going to get you 20 goals a season but he will make a few for ya and can trouble the best defenders. Good business as well, the money we get for Beattie could buy Davies and have change, you never know :)

Rather have him then Smith as well so there :P

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree there Craccer, I rate Davies highley, hes a great target man and works his testicles off for the team, I use to hate the puff out chest tosser but fair play to him, hes a threat and always looks dangerous when where playing, not going to get you 20 goals a season but he will make a few for ya and can trouble the best defenders. Good business as well, the money we get for Beattie could buy Davies and have change, you never know :)

Rather have him then Smith as well so there :P

:blink: fuckin hell ....

i agree that he's probably better than beattie, despite what i said seeming i see them as the same, i actually meant that theyre too similar rather than exactly the same .... am i even making sense haha

but yeh, davies i jsut don't think is what we need, midfield priority but if we did get davies i'd be disappointed, it's not a step forward in my eyes. if we are to be lookign at europe, then he's definately not in my eyes a step towards that goal

smith on the otehrhand is one of my favourite players .... you don't liek to play against him but if he were on your team you gotta love him. leeds r my second team and ive always been a massive fan... as you say bout davies smith will give you that 110% but the difference is, he has more raw ability, more class. smith is just a better allroung player, and on top of that he'll track back and help his defence and midfield all day long. and thats sayign hes playing up top, he's got the versatility to play striker, defensive mid and even right side.... top class player in my eyes and if he's available i'd have him top of my wish list

maybe its the festive season, but i'm happy to agree to disagree again ... but i do love alan smith (in a non-gay way....i think)

Edited by CraccerC

Everton defender Joleon Lescott is being watched by Real Madrid.

Lescott is in his first season in the Premiership after joining Everton in the summer from Wolves.

Everton boss Dave Moyes has touted the centre-half as a future England international and his form this season has attracted interest from Real Madrid, says DiarioSport.

Real coach Fabio Capello wants to add a central defender to his squad for the second-half of the season and has Lescott on a shortlist of names being considered for the January market.

Normally we don't go for flair and creativity and instead tend to rely on "the dogs of war" mentality. That was fine 10 years ago, but we are now in Aldous Huxley land here.

No more cloggers and thugs, let's try a new idea, let's say someone who can actually f*cking score.

ATB

Mac

:blink: fuckin hell ....

i agree that he's probably better than beattie, despite what i said seeming i see them as the same, i actually meant that theyre too similar rather than exactly the same .... am i even making sense haha

but yeh, davies i jsut don't think is what we need, midfield priority but if we did get davies i'd be disappointed, it's not a step forward in my eyes. if we are to be lookign at europe, then he's definately not in my eyes a step towards that goal

smith on the otehrhand is one of my favourite players .... you don't liek to play against him but if he were on your team you gotta love him. leeds r my second team and ive always been a massive fan... as you say bout davies smith will give you that 110% but the difference is, he has more raw ability, more class. smith is just a better allroung player, and on top of that he'll track back and help his defence and midfield all day long. and thats sayign hes playing up top, he's got the versatility to play striker, defensive mid and even right side.... top class player in my eyes and if he's available i'd have him top of my wish list

maybe its the festive season, but i'm happy to agree to disagree again ... but i do love alan smith (in a non-gay way....i think)

Midfield is priority I agree but I wouldnt see Davies in the wrong direction, its an option from the bench. Personally I would prefer to get the money for Beattie, buy a quality midfielder and start playing Big Vic more.

Im a fan of Smith myself, always thought he was a quality player at leeds and did always give 100% commitment, havnt seen enough of him since his injury to think it would be a great signing, if we got him for buttons then that would be great but your taking a gamble for 6-8 million, and where in no position to waste that amount of money.....again <_<

He was a formidable forward...however, like already said, he has not fully figured in a fixture for donkey's years. It can only be the name of Man U coming before the player which keeps the price up. That said though, I think if we sell BT, Alan Smith would have been an awesome forward partner for AJ. Smith likes to mix it up and he can get physical with the best of them.

:)

maybe its a cover up ...

more than likely me clinging to hope

but it is weird how 1 mintue were goign to have a busy january with plenty of people comign in, and then the next we're not goign to sign any1 at all.

and we do have that link with man utd from the rooney deal so, maybe ferguson is dismissing it to clear the way for the transfer (so noone else attempts to come in)

again its probably be hoping

A few years ago (when Smith was still at Leeds), they interviewed Tony Adams and asked him which striker he hated playing against most. He actually said it was Smith! His reasons were that not only is he a good player, but he constantly gives defenders lip to wind them up and put them off their game.

Adams said that Smith would constantly be saying things like 'you're too old to catch me', 'Ferdinand is much better than you', 'shouldn't you have retired by now?'.

Everton are set to swap James Beattie and Simon Davies for Fulham's Luis Boa-Morte and Papa Bouba Diop!!

Everton trasfers for january.

outs

james beattie - 2.35m - blackburn

james vaughan - loan - crystal palace

alan stubbs (maybe)

simon davies - 2m - not sure yet but will be updated soon!

ins

joey barton - 5.6m - man city

matthew upson - 4.5m - birmingham ( if upson signs stubbs will be on his way out as Everton see him as a waste of time if he is on the sidelines plus it could be his last season)

billy sharp - 1.5m - scunthorpe united ( moyes was looking at david nugent but then went to watch this young lad at scunthorpe, and thinks he can progress into a better player than nugent)

Has happend before, Louis will vouch...I once posted a piece abpout Craig Moore & an interview on Australian televison that Everton got mentioned as a poss destination for the player. ( A cple seasons back).

No Good, The Scum, Mirror, Sky etc all ripped it off from here & didnt even bother Paraplaging...Just copy n paste word 4 word.

We had a good ole chukcle.

Yeah I remember that Pat, you posted about Craig Moore being asked on oz tv whether he would be signing for Everton. Something about a "wry smile" and the next day after it being on here it was in the Echo :D

Also... I think we are responsible Sisskoko signing for the rs. Someone on here posted it before anyone knew about it

Also.. remember the Stevie G in blue picture? ;)

A few years ago (when Smith was still at Leeds), they interviewed Tony Adams and asked him which striker he hated playing against most. He actually said it was Smith! His reasons were that not only is he a good player, but he constantly gives defenders lip to wind them up and put them off their game.

Adams said that Smith would constantly be saying things like 'you're too old to catch me', 'Ferdinand is much better than you', 'shouldn't you have retired by now?'.

:D alan smith... brilliant

barton would love, but wont happen in jan no way ... too much money

upson can't see it, we've got 2 centre backs now with a future together, left back is what we need to look at

billy sharp - very probably ... wouldn't be too suprised, decent palyer

as for the outs, beattie wont go, vaughan won't, and davies i would say is the most probable however... anyone else think that davies has been our best right back this season when he's filled in? i wouldn't sell him . agaisnt boro he actually held up the wigners and forced them back on numerous occassions, much better than phil neville, who backs off compeltely and allows the cross

We're supposed to be looking at Will Hoskins at Rotherham

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=304218

From the star -

Sheffield United, Manchester City and Everton are chasing Chesterfield cup hero Caleb Folan.

And I found this rumour sent in on NSNO -

http://www.nsno.co.uk/e107_plugins/rumours...p?0.view.1104.0

Edited by Romey 1878

Guest blueboy122

Agree wit craccer dont tink nugent is any good av never seen him do anythin good apart from tap ins were ppl have had lik 30 yards drives and its hit the keeper and he just puts it in.however billysharp much cheaper and works for his goals!