IGNORED

New Manager

we are all a bit pissed off with moyes and kenwright at the moment, and rumours are that their friendship has gone sour over the fernandes thing,i'm never been a moyes fan myself, so say he left, who would you want to replace him with, there are'nt many options in this country, but i don't know much about foreign managers,we'd probably have to pay a large compensation package, as i don't think we should go for a lower division manager again.Any suggestions?

I don't understand this Moyes bashing thing.

There are very few managers that could have done as well as David Moyes as done giving the resources that he as.

He got us into the champions league only 2 seasons ago, unfortunately we got the worst possible draw we could have got.

This season we are in a good position to get into Europe and had we been given some of the penalty's we should have had we would be up with Arsenal and Liverpool.

There's no-one I'd like more than Peter Reid to back at Everton, perhaps not as manager but in some role. I'm with Bedford on this...still a DM loyalist, certainly as far as the end of the season. Still only January and we're as good as safe from relegation already...we'd have jumped at the chance of that very recently.

He got us into the champions league only 2 seasons ago, unfortunately we got the worst possible draw we could have got.

And then we only lost because the bald Italian cnut cheated us out of it....what might have been eh?

Edited by mikeo

These rumours hay, were do they come from

Anyways, Ive said it before, people have short memories, we were perenial relegation fodder

We are now in the top half again ( OK the season a long way over), but what do people expect.

Your not going to polish a turd overnight and thats what moyes inherited

We are very lucky to be in the prem

Look at WHam & Charlton, both loose their managers for different reasons, what perls of wisdom did their boards come up with

Stick with Moyes, he is respected as a manager by SAF, who has called him the best young manager in the Prem.

Do we really want to be lumped in with the likes of Palace, West Ham and many others who change managers like I change my underwear (once every two months for those interested).

My point being Moyes has had mixed fortunes with a "good season, bad season" thing he has going on. The board have some answers to give before we start lambasting a manager who is well liked and respected throughout the game.

If a man is given a turd to look after, it is still gonna be shit no matter what he does with it, I feel the fault lies elsewhere, not at Davey's door.

ATB

Mac

Doom monger.

We are arguably the 5th biggest club in the country and should show ambition accordingly.

Not me, im a realist

we are arguably fifth in a four horse race and we are currently seventh.

What gems will attract these high profile names

ok a bit of realism from me too.

moyes has done a good job, not a great job, but a hell of a lot better than most of the shite ive seen over my 22 years as a blue.

we are not a great team, we have some good players, we dont have anyone i would consider as "world class" Arteta may be in a couple of years, but right now we are in that group of team who could be anywhere from 5 to about 14.

we dont need to get rid of moyes yet, if we do it will still be the same players as we can not afford to buy a new team.

the slowly approach of bringing in better players year on year to replace/upgrade the level of the team, unfortunately with the limited funds we also have to sell, ending up with a very small squad.

ok, if Lippi would come here i would retract all that, as he is one of the best managers in the world, but i wouldnt see Billy Davies as any better than moyes.

idealy i think we could look at bringing in a foreign coach with some new ideas, maybe to give an extra dimension to the team

what about Co Adrihanse the dutch coach who used to be at Ajax i think he's at Porto now. the club itself could attract a top manager based on history and fans,but with finances the way they are and lord showbiz in charge i think it would put anyone decent off.Billy Davis looks as though he could be the next big thing but i would be wary about another lower division manager.

Edited by The Prisoner

the slowly approach of bringing in better players year on year to replace/upgrade the level of the team, unfortunately with the limited funds we also have to sell, ending up with a very small squad.

This is our only option, and the option Moyes has been trying trying to employ. Unless some multi squillionaire comes along, this is the way it will be for the forseeable.

I'll take that over what we had previously.

This is our only option, and the option Moyes has been trying trying to employ. Unless some multi squillionaire comes along, this is the way it will be for the forseeable.

I'll take that over what we had previously.

I agree with you Zed but at times I think Moyes plays the hand he has very poorly indeed!

For example we are stuck with Beattie or / and Vic for the derby but I would bet my morgage he doesnt tell Arteta & VDM to hit the by line and hammer crosses in all day. We will play long ball through the middle which is a joke IMO!

I agree with you Zed but at times I think Moyes plays the hand he has very poorly indeed!

For example we are stuck with Beattie or / and Vic for the derby but I would bet my morgage he doesnt tell Arteta & VDM to hit the by line and hammer crosses in all day. We will play long ball through the middle which is a joke IMO!

We would play long ball anyway, even if Johnson was upfront on his own. :huh:

I hate the long ball as many people do. We have some good midfielders but too many times this season we've played the ball over the top of them instead of playing it through them.

Edited by TrueBlue