IGNORED

F1 Chat

22 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Brilliant drive from Hamilton. That would’ve been a stroll for him today - he had so much more speed than anyone.

If he starts well tomorrow he can think about winning the race. 

Great shout mate, drivers championship well and truly back on. Come on Lewis the world record is in your sights. 

After two shit races, that was epic. Unbelievable drive from Lewis against his rivals on the track and the FIA who don't seem to have the balls to get involved in this title battle. 

With the new parts on the Mercedes and considering that Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi have monster straights they've pulled themselves right into this title balance, it's going to go down to the wire for sure.

17 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

After two shit races, that was epic. Unbelievable drive from Lewis against his rivals on the track and the FIA who don't seem to have the balls to get involved in this title battle. 

With the new parts on the Mercedes and considering that Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi have monster straights they've pulled themselves right into this title balance, it's going to go down to the wire for sure.

Cracking race that. Hamilton was unreal.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the incident on lap 48 ( I think ) with max and lewis? I thought Max ran him off personally and if it was the other way around he would have gone mental.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Cracking race that. Hamilton was unreal.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the incident on lap 48 ( I think ) with max and lewis? I thought Max ran him off personally and if it was the other way around he would have gone mental.

Max definitely got away with one there again imo. Fortunately, it didn’t make any difference in the end but there’d have been a lot of complaining if Hamilton hadn’t overtaken later on. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Max definitely got away with one there again imo. Fortunately, it didn’t make any difference in the hand but there’d have been a lot of complaining if Hamilton hadn’t overtaken later on. 

Agree, however had they issued a 5 second penalty which I think would have been fair to say the least Bottas would have finish above him.

It’s those moments and his response to stewards flagging him for weaving when trying to break the slip stream that I can’t stand him.

Just watched the camera footage from Verstappen’s car of Hamilton’s first attempt to over take, how the stewards have let Max get away with that manoeuvre is beyond me, if that is what you call defending the racing line then there’s something seriously wrong with the powers to be, if that was the other round the McLaren team would have been bashing the door down with there objections as we’ve witnessed with them before. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just watched the camera footage from Verstappen’s car of Hamilton’s first attempt to over take, how the stewards have let Max get away with that manoeuvre is beyond me, if that is what you call defending the racing line then there’s something seriously wrong with the powers to be, if that was the other round the McLaren team would have been bashing the door down with there objections as we’ve witnessed with them before. 

How do you think Mercedes would've reacted though?:otvwhistle:

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

How do you think Mercedes would've reacted though?:otvwhistle:

They wouldn’t be fabricating evidence as McLaren did when they had their first coming together, to try and blacken the character of another driver, they’ve turned into a team of bad losers I much preferred them when Ron Denis was at the helm 

29 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They wouldn’t be fabricating evidence as McLaren did when they had their first coming together, to try and blacken the character of another driver, they’ve turned into a team of bad losers I much preferred them when Ron Denis was at the helm 

Eh? What have McLaren got to do with the Hamilton/Verstappen incident? You've lost me.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well, Mercedes have rightly appealed the decision. So we'll see what happens but if Max gets away with it after this new evidence then something is seriously wrong.

It was certainly a five second penalty offence, but I don't remember a time penalty being carried over between races so probably a five place grid penalty I'd have thought.

Edit: Just occurred that they could potentially add five seconds to his race time retrospectively, putting him behind Bottas which would mean Hamilton closing his lead to eight points.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

It was certainly a five second penalty offence, but I don't remember a time penalty being carried over between races so probably a five place grid penalty I'd have thought.

Edit: Just occurred that they could potentially add five seconds to his race time retrospectively, putting him behind Bottas which would mean Hamilton closing his lead to eight points.

I think that would be the fair outcome.

I was absolutely stunned that Max didn't get a five second penalty, especially when there was a 5 second penalty handed to Lando Norris in Austria for running Sergio Perez off the track (I'm pretty sure someone else got a penalty too, but can't remember which driver). 

The fact that there was no punishment for Verstappen genuinely left me speechless as it's probably the easiest penalty call of the season so far. These are the 20 most elite drivers in the world (well, perhaps not Mazepin) so he knew exactly what he was doing. Lewis was far faster on the straights and the only way to keep him behind was to literally miss the corner.

Call me a tinhat, but due to Hamilton's speed I think the FIA banked on him catching Max anyway, thus allowing them to not punish Verstappen and still see Lewis in P1. The FIA ''spoiling'' the best championship battle we've had in years is something I think they're not willing to do. 

You think about the amount of overtakes and positions Hamilton made over the weekend - the only one that became potentially dangerous due to the opposing driver is the one with Max. He knew it was the only way he could defend him and if they let him get away with it he will keep pushing it until someone gets seriously hurt.

Lewis Hamilton says sports such as F1 are “duty bound” to make sure they raise awareness of human rights matters, as the sport prepares to race in Qatar for the first time this weekend.

“I do think as these sports go to these places, they are duty bound to raise awareness for these issues,” said Hamilton. “These places need scrutiny. It needs the media to speak about these things. Equal rights is a serious issue.

“However, I am aware in this place they are trying to make steps and it can’t change overnight.”

Hamilton, who has consistently been a leading voice on societal issues, added: “I just feel that if we are coming to these places, we need to be raising the profile of the situation.”

Just a tad hypocritical, taking the Qatari Ryals when he was a loud voice demanding immediate change for BLM.

3 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

FIA initially gave the grid positions of Bottas and Sainz reversed. I think Michael Masi is found wanting as Race Director. He needs to get a grip as too many errors and inconsistent decisions by stewards are being made.

Was thinking about this after the last race. He's rubbish and isn't comparable to the late Charlie Whiting.