IGNORED

F1 Chat

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/01/2023 at 20:56, Romey 1878 said:

Herbert and Di Resta have both been axed by Sky. Get in!

I wasn't that bothered about Di Resta however Herbert always came across as a massive plank whenever he spoke. 

Ted Kravitz is the only one (alongside Jenson Button when he pops in) who I really enjoy listening to. 

38 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Williams is the one I like so far.

I like the Duracell battery sponsorship placement a lot more than I should :lol:. Alfa Romeo is fantastic looking to be honest, though could easily pass for a Ferrari.

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Drove by Lemans a couple of weeks ago in the motor home on the way to my place in Spain, was going to stop there but decided to carry on to Tours. Must admit never saw anyone wearing a jacket like that, must be a limited edition very retro in it's look. 

Did that in probably around 1969/70 in my parents VW camper, dad hadn't realised some of the track was ordinary road; he loved it.

As an aside wish we'd have kept that camper; go for a bloody fortune now, even a shell is worth thousands.

On 02/03/2023 at 03:44, Gwlad all over said:

Sunday clash between the Blues and f1. Probably be outvoted and record the match 🙄

What’s worse is I’m a Mclaren fan…. So I’ve got to get up at midnight and decide which team I’m going to watch be utterly shit & then go to work at 5:30am (last day of my hitch though 👊🏽)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Toto Wolff says Sunday's Azerbaijan Grand Prix was "boring" and Formula 1 needs look at what to do about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65450202

I agree it was a borefest but was Toto saying the same during the seven years Mercedes headed same borefest? I don't recall him moaning much.

This. 

Formula One has been stale for a few seasons now and needs to seriously change however Toto Wolff of all people cannot complain, seven years of his two drivers setting off into the sunset and letting the rest fight for 3rd.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Toto Wolff says Sunday's Azerbaijan Grand Prix was "boring" and Formula 1 needs look at what to do about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65450202

I agree it was a borefest but was Toto saying the same during the seven years Mercedes headed same borefest? I don't recall him moaning much.

Weird that they're painting him out to be saying it like that because in another article when people complained about this weekend's race he talked about Red Bull racing off into the distance "on merit".

So I don't think he's quite saying it was boring because of Red Bull being dominant at all, but is just talking about it being hard to overtake.