IGNORED

F1 Chat

26 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/nikita-mazepin-f1-haas-controversy-26355038

Driver's Russian oligarch dad, friend of Putin, his money's ok then Haas?

"Mazepin is a divisive character in F1..."

Not really, everyone (apart from his dad) agrees he's a crap driver and a liability to the sport as a person.

He's got a future as a wannabe Bond villain if the franchise ever decides to do a low budget "straight to video" film, but nowhere else. Worst example of a "pay" driver ever, get him gone....and maybe conscript him and send him to the front line in Kyiv.

Haas have officially terminated their deal with Uralkali and with it, their deal with Nikita Mazepin who will now not race for them in 2022. 

Can't say I'm that surprised, painfully obvious that he was out of his depth but was in the car to keep up the funding. There's literally zero reason for him to be there if he's not bringing with him a massive amount of cash although this in itself shows the massive problem Formula 1 has with pay-drivers.

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Kevin Magnussen is Mazespin's replacement.

I thought they might have gone with Hulkenberg.

Not really bothered as they'll almost certainly just have an in-house battle to finish 19th; interestingly Mazepin was officially categorised as 21st last season...in a twenty car competition, says it all😂

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

?

Article he wrote on the BBC website yesterday, still chuntering on about last year, "...the shadows of that day in Abu Dhabi still hanging over the sport..." and "....the ramifications of a day on which the sport's referee made up the rules as he went along continue to reverberate...".

Hamilton's moved on but his fanboy Benson can't let it go.

Verstappen fastest in Practice as expected, but Hamilton down in 9th :unsure:! For all the usual sandbagging and pre-season smoke and mirrors about being slow it seems that there's genuinely issues with his pace at the moment. 

Leclerc and Sainz 2nd and 3rd fastest (do Ferrari actually have a title challenging car again?!) with George in 4th.

Very excited about this new season, qualifying is off (IIRC) at 3pm UK time.

15 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Mixed up grid for the race. Bet Bottas is chuffed to have outqualified Russell.

Russell really messed up his last lap, I thought it was a bit out of order to send him out ahead to give Lewis the slipstream on both Q3 runs though.

4 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Mixed up grid for the race. Bet Bottas is chuffed to have outqualified Russell.

Oh, man... So enjoyable to watch him stick it next to Lewis and above Russell in a Sauber (Alfa).... even if Russell messed up his lap. Bottas also 9 places above his teammate, though I believe Zhou's first time in Q2 was on old tires and his second got DQ'd for track limit violations.

Also, as many know, I'm a yank so absolutely delighted to see what KMag has pulled out of the Haas car... Schumacher looking sporty as well. So nice to see that team field a half competitive car again and without the clown Mazepin with the Russian livery to boot... 

Other thoughts: Aston looking pitiful... for all the hype around them, Mr Stroll certainly seems to be struggling for results (hmm... sounds familiar to Everton and Moshiri!). McLaren also scarily lacking in pace. Hopefully further career redemption to come for Albon if he consistently runs laps around Latifi and puts an uncompetitive car into decent positions. 

Ferrari and RB neck and neck, hopefully Checo can continue to close the gap to Max.

Anyways, foolish of me to have takeaways after one qualifying session!

On 09/03/2022 at 17:58, Romey 1878 said:

Kevin Magnussen is Mazepin's replacement.

On 09/03/2022 at 18:40, MikeO said:

Not really bothered as they'll almost certainly just have an in-house battle to finish 19th....

Er....what do I know?

McLaren absolutely nowhere as well.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Er....what do I know?

haha, made up for Haas and Magnussen. Great race for Alfa as well.

McLaren and Aston had absolute shockers. They both look way off the pace. I mean, Lawrence Stroll is his own worst enemy, right? As for McLaren, I quite like Lando and Zak Brown so hope they get it sorted

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Er....what do I know?

It was thought that there would be a team (or teams) that would have got it completely wrong with the new regulations. At the moment it does look McLaren have got it wrong. Fingers crossed they can get it sorted though.

On 23/02/2022 at 13:40, Palfy said:

I think team orders may hamper George this season the team will be going all out to right a wrong and make sure Hamilton get’s the championship, so he can retire with the eighth championship title which will make him the most successful driver in F1 history. 

How's that prediction looking Palf?👍