IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

There's really only one thing to watch today.

The Long Good Friday, naturally cool.png

This 1979 gangster epic is surely one of the best films the UK has ever produced, I think it's better than Get Carter even.

Will be watching later on the most appropriate day of the year. Well worth a watch if you haven't yet seen it.

TheLongGoodFriday.jpg

I don't want to see some people rake in profits and make money at the risk of horses getting injured or put down.

It's not always about the welfare of the animals, some people don't give a fuck about that, it's all about how much cash can be generated or make some winnings etc, too commercialized these days anyway as is everything it seems. I'll bet Aintree was a bit quiet today though.

I don't want to see some people rake in profits and make money at the risk of horses getting injured or put down.

It's not always about the welfare of the animals, some people don't give a fuck about that, it's all about how much cash can be generated or make some winnings etc, too commercialized these days anyway as is everything it seems. I'll bet Aintree was a bit quiet today though.

Been a strange one this year everyone must be goin into town or police cutting off the people traffic, usually get a few nice ladies walking past and the pubs too busy to get a drink

season 9 of Scrubs. Its is like a car crash - its just so bad but for some reason you cant take your eyes of it until it comes to its inevitable, painfully terrible, conclusion....

It trailed off after season 3 in my opinion.

I think Joffrey is well cast.. because you do want to smack him, although the Starks are no angels themselves. I haven't watched any of the season 2 yet. I heard it cost $60m to make the first series.

I think Joffrey is well cast.. because you do want to smack him,.

Without a doubt! It's like Malfoy in Harry Potter....the fact that everyone wants him dead is a compliment to the actor.

Should I add a spoiler from the third book? Nah....read it or wait for series threetongue.png .

A Night to Remember, never seen it before, don't think much of it to be honest, it's better than Titanic though, no nauseating Hollywood trash for one thing, it's a lot less dramatic though, maybe that's a good thing.

It's on BBC2 now if you're quick

On my hard drivesmile.png .

Told you a while back you should watch it....

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24029-james-camerons-dive/page__p__286038&do=findComment&comment=286038

Crazy, Stupid, Love - I was dreading the selection from my mate and missus, one review claiming it was "Smarter, Slicker and Funnier than Love Actually". I hate Love Actually, so you can guess my enthusiasm levels....well....I can quite honestly say, it was a massive suprise to find such a cracking film on the back of my initial feelings toward it.

It's really good. Its funny, heartwarming, clever, a real 'feel good' film. I'd happily watch it again if im honest. What i would recommend though is try not to watch any trailers for it, that could spoil a few really suprising moments.

But if the missus ever drags you to Blockbuster or wants you to dowload a chick-flick...recommend, Crazy, Stupid, Love because quite frankly, you'll probably enjoy it more than her aha.

It has Ryan Gosling, Steve Carrell, Julianne Moore and Emma Stone, plus a plethora of hot women smile.png

Edited by tenaciousj

You'll know the one I mean when you see it Mark....Renly and his, er....sexual preferences are the key pointwacko.png .

It was fast forward time for mesad.png .

Don't know why they made him gay, didn't read that into anything in the books .. but after some googling, apparently there's a lot of people who always though he (and the knight of "flowers") were written as gay characters by GRR Martin ..

watching the second series it baffles me how people can actually keep up with everything going on without having read the books. the tempo seems a lot higher than in the first season.