IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Trying to watch some of Get Carter on one of those awful piece of shit ITV channels they have, usual commercials misery etc. Seen this a few times anyway so the enjoyment really isn't spoilt. One of the best UK films this country ever produced along with The Long Good Friday and Mona Lisa etc.

Have you seen the film Harry Brown Dalziel?

Have you seen the film Harry Brown Dalziel?

No I havent, although it's supposed to be quite a watch apparently, it's never been on terrestrial TV either I don't think, and I haven't caught it on cable yet either and haven't been out for a DVD or anything.

It's Michael Caine goes all renegade on his estate against some South London low lifes if I remember right, Sean Bean did an almost identical thing for a movie about the same time if I recall.

First chance I get to view this Brown movie I may well take a look, seems a bit unsuitable though for his age but there was some good reviews done I remember.

Guest Nikica

Onto season four of Breaking Bad now. Amazing show.

Also, if people on here have never seen Homeland, I thoroughly recommend it.

Guest Nikica

Yeah, went the following night. Not a believer in pirate films n downloads, prefer to continue to pay the industry. I don't preach my views, as people should be allowed to do anything they want, I just prefer doing it 'properly' so to speak

Yep, I understand.

I want to go again, but I don't wanna go by myself again rofll.laugh.png

I also have some commitments over the next week which will impinge on my free time.

I'm going to see the New Avengers tomorrow night.. I'm not expecting much to be honest.

I get the impression that people who haven't watched both th Iron Man's, The Incredible Hulk, Cap America and Thor, won't appreciate it fully. You MUST watch them all prior to seeing The Avengers, Thor ironically being probably the most important.

I get the impression that people who haven't watched both th Iron Man's, The Incredible Hulk, Cap America and Thor, won't appreciate it fully. You MUST watch them all prior to seeing The Avengers, Thor ironically being probably the most important.

I was very disappointed in Thor. Amazing fx but shite story and worst of all.... they turn Natalie Portman into a snivelling, pathetic, whiny character! shaking fist.png

Im only interested in the remake of The Sweeney at the moment, no idea when it comes out, but it should be class, i love all that old stuff, and i reckon Ray Winstone and Plan B are probably the ideal pairing for it, can't wait for a bit of the old Bad guy -"Regan your an evil bastard" Regan- "Yeah i know"

Edited by theprisoner

I was very disappointed in Thor. Amazing fx but shite story and worst of all.... they turn Natalie Portman into a snivelling, pathetic, whiny character! shaking%20fist.png

Thor was missing 'something' but hopefully they can rectify that with Thor 2. He was better in The Avengers i thought...ironically she was more attractive in Thor for that reason, made her a little more 'real' :)

Im only interested in the remake of The Sweeney at the moment, no idea when it comes out, but it should be class, i love all that old stuff, and i reckon Ray Winstone and Plan B are probably the ideal pairing for it, can't wait for a bit of the old Bad guy -"Regan your an evil bastard" Regan- "Yeah i know"

who's plan b? love ray winstone would watch anything with him in

I've seen them all. It's annoying that Marvel remade Hulk twice and then find themselves in a position where they have to cast a third Bruce Banner. Thor, as a film was a bit crap though. It reminded me of Dolph Lungdren's He-man film 'Masters of the Universe'.

Is it tonight your going the Louis? Mark Ruffalo is the best Bruce Banner though, Eric Banner (Actor) was too wooden and emotionless and Edward Norton was just...non convincing.

What i like about Ruffalo (when you see it), he makes the character beleiveable, yet more complex. Whereas before it was a 'anger management problem', this time Ruffalo shows the character being affected through depression and self hate...its awesome.

I know you mean about them though, but hopefully people will forget the first two and now just concentrate on the new direction, which from my point of view is a million times better.

The problem with Thor is the amount of information you have to take in and the film itself feels very rushed. However based on the time scales they had and the lack of the 'general publics' understanding of the Thor "universe", they did an alright job. I'm not saying the film was brilliant but its certainly the most important in respect to the Avengers movie. Hence why i deemed it as the most important.

who's plan b? love ray winstone would watch anything with him in

Plan B is a singer, he was also the lead "hoodie" in Harry Brown, there is an advert on tv at the moment for Bulmers cider and a guy is standing in the street trying to get people to come and see his mates band? well the singer/band is Plan B