Pictures To Share....

Leesa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know how you cope Pat....living in such deprived circumstances. My heart goes out to you :lol: .

Anyway this is a pic of one of my favourite places....it's an old iron age settlement, the raised banking is the outer wall (for want of a better word) and there's a huge ditch all the way round the outside. The feel of the place just relaxes me totally...

100_0230.jpg

Which one is you Liam? :lol:

I cant see me on that one mate, I think we had all massed infront of the main stand and were singing at the bury fans by that point. I get bored of bouncing around players very quickly, I tend to get to the front and say sumat stupid then bound off like the big dope I am :lol:

I think I grabbed AJ by the head and said "you better do it for us lad" then I was off!!

A pic of the ridge called Striding Edge on the Ascent to Helvellyn in the Cumbrian Lake District, Helvellyn itself has Quite a flat Plateu on top, but is Ascended and Descended Via two Ridges, the other Ridge called Swirrel edge is not so Sharp.

Neither should be attempted in Bad weather, or high winds.

Striding-edge2.jpg

Neither should be attempted in Bad weather, or high winds.

Or if you're a big girls blouse like me and get a panic attack any higher than a pair of Elton John's 1970's platform shoes :( .

It's edges that do for me....have done (and would happily do again) parachute jumps but I couln't abseil off a bungalow.

Edited by MikeO

Going to do the Coast to Coast again in 2009 i shall then be 70yrs young and i might make that the last one.

Probs end up being bored shitless, but i know i cant go on forever, if anybody is interested in taking on this great outdoor adventure let me know and i will fix everything up so you can join my party.

I dont want to hear any excuses, just a yes or no will suffice, ive given you plenty of notice and if i and the missus can do it some of you youngsters should be able to piss it.

Mike, there is an alternative route around Helvellyn as there is around most of the High Parts, but if anybody does the walk and misses out the high alternatives, it plays on their minds and wished they had done it while they where there.

Going to do the Coast to Coast again in 2009 i shall then be 70yrs young and i might make that the last one.

Probs end up being bored shitless, but i know i cant go on forever, if anybody is interested in taking on this great outdoor adventure let me know and i will fix everything up so you can join my party.

I dont want to hear any excuses, just a yes or no will suffice, ive given you plenty of notice and if i and the missus can do it some of you youngsters should be able to piss it.

Mike, there is an alternative route around Helvellyn as there is around most of the High Parts, but if anybody does the walk and misses out the high alternatives, it plays on their minds and wished they had done it while they where there.

I leave the waliking till im older, the coast to coast thing, is that the transpenine trail we talked about previously? I plan on doing that on my bike next year, think it should take me 3 days. Good luck anyway licker. Must be all those woodbines keeping you fit ;)

Dont leave it too long because once you do it you will be bitten, and you will want to do it again and again wishing you had started doing it Earlier.

No its not the same thing Zed, the Coast to Coast does exactly what it says on the tin, from St Bees Head on the West Coast, across the map to Robin Hoods Bay on the East Coast.

As you can see on the route map it crosses the Lake district into the Yorkshire Dales national Park, then finishes after the Yorkshire Moors, a Distance of 192 miles over some of the most rugged Landscapes in England, and as good as you might be you wouldnt get up any of the lakeside mountains on your bike.

It can be done walking/climbing in less than a week if you are a superfit record breaker, but if you want to take it slightly easier and enjoy taking in all the sights and enjoying yourself in a different pub in a different village every night, it will take 13 days walking and climbing at an average of 16 miles a day, the second week is less demanding than the first, as you can see from the altitudes and contours at the base of the map.

Click it to see it properly.

C-2-C.jpg

But you can partake in any part of the walk just for a weekend that just might give you the urge to go and do bigger and better walks. Me and the missus regularly just pop off for the weekend and go walking somewhere.

Looks interesting that, but think I'll start with my trans penine trail expedition, (never really been into hiking, although my brother loves it) planning on camping each night, but realy has to be done next year due to timing/ work holidays.

Got my first TRIATHLON THIS WEEKEND. Cant wait

We ve gone super off topic here, but I guess the pictures are supposed to inspire conversation