IGNORED

Leighton Baines -£6m

anyone think that everton will match the 6mill?

hope so

or will it be another faliure after when we bidded for tha young lad from cardiff i think an just forgot about it

The only way we'll do it IMO, is by offering a few more players which is just suicide with our squad.

Edited by Romey 1878

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it meant spend 30 million on the squad instead of a stadium for a few seasons it would be better in the long run for our team.

If wer offering 4 million for Baines we must have at least 5 million to spend already,

Manny would cost 12

Baines 6

Smith 6 but we could then afford alot better maybe a good european striker

get Pienaar for good

few more loans our team would be a quality side now and for the future.

Whats going to win us any cups, a stadium or 4 Good players.

Its a lost cause, all the clubs who are showing interest can offer higher wages, we will have to make do with the squad we have.

If this is a continuing trend, we could have the best stadium in the Championship.

Crikey, the way people are talking, we have lost all our good players, replaced them with 2nd division players and we are favourites for relegation!

I am as frustrated as everyone that the buys are not coming as quickly as I would like, but I follow with what Lee Carsley said on the official site today. What is the point of buying second rate players to plump the squad up? We need quality, and lets be honest, if we replace Beattie with Smith, get Baines and then Vogel finally completes, would we really be unhappy? 5 good signings of good quality, and the majority of our top 6 squad in tact.

Yes I would like us to do a West Ham and chuck Millions at players, but realistically we can't and won't, and I take pride that we are not that kind of club.

Tonight will be a good indication of where the squad is. Keep positive fellow blues. We are definitely moving forward as a team.

IF (and thats a big if) we signed Smith, Baines and Vogal and maybe lost Beattie, yes I would be happy but at the moment we not signed them and we have less players than we did last season.

Yes I know we still have time for players to join however I said around 6 weeks ago about the lack of signing and was told there was time. I said 4 weeks ago about the lack of signings and was told the same thing and said the same 2 weeks ago and even 1 week ago and nothing has really changed apart from a lot of players from Everton and DM coming out saying that he wants to sign players but they to expensive.

Everton 2 years ago in my opinon were in the same position with getting into Europe but not being able to add to the squad and we know whats happened and I would like to think that that lesson has been learned.

DM said about a week ago that there was money there for 1 good signing, however still nothing dispite being linked with Smith and Baines.

Yes I know its only being linked with the players and nothing for certain that DM wants them (apart from Baines), but sorry for me once again from Everton its all words.

yes I am most prob going to get people telling me to chill out and chear up and things will happen and its all depresing and yes you are right but for me it is.

I don't remember Everton of the 80's (to young) but I see that with the players that we have we have the chance to start pushing forward again, however for that to happen they need to continue to invest in the squad and not move backwards and at the moment in my eyes they are not doing that.

Either they have the money or they don't.

If they don;t then BK needs to get something sorted and get some money in because with all the other clubs getting investement I can honeslty see us moving back to where we were a few years ago and if that happens next time we won't be so lucky in moving forward.

Hey Adam, I agree that we need to invest, and I agree that it is a little frustrating, but all I am saying is that it is not all doom and gloom.

Even with what we have, we are in OK shape. The players that are gone (Pistone, Wright, Naysmith) never really played last season and will not be overly missed (Naysmith apart, who always did OK in my view). I mean I don't think Pistone played last year did he? We have brought in 2 fit and hungry YOUNG players, with good calibre who will add depth to the squad. So really we are about the same in "fit" numbers.

With VDM actually getting games under his belt, for the first time in ages, there is another player to add to the mix who really didn't help us last year.

I agree with investment being needed totally but I would rather get good players on a limited budget than do a Sunderland and spend shed loads on average players. Would we be happy with £5m for Richardson, I know I wouldn't.

We are all entitled to opinions and I am not saying you are wrong mate, not at all. Just think it is not all doom and gloom just yet.

Mark,

Do you know if that is £5m plus the player or just straight £5m????

The Boy,

I agree with what you saying as well.

You are right its not all doom and gloom and don't get me wrong I know it could a lot worse.

Is richardson worth £5m no but when you look at the prices that a lot of clubs are paying for players then you have to say is that the new prices.

Would i have richardson, yes maybe I would as think he might be able to do a job for us down the left which we all know is something we need.

Would I like to pay £5m for him no but then again i would not want to pay the £6m they paid for Nugent or all the other high prices for the players, however when you need a certain type of player then sometimes you have to pay more.

If we paid £5m for Richardson and he set up 15 goals scored 5 and got us into the top £6 and sold him the year after to Madrid for 9m then it would be a good bit of business.

I thought that Beattie at £6m was good but turned out not to be the case.

What I am trying to say is I agree that don't want to waste money on ave players by paying over the odds but sometimes you have to take a chance and if everyone is paying that money then its not paying over the odds.

im confused about the panic if im honest

our squad is stronger than last season (vaughan and victor will come of age, VDM is flying, Da Silva is getting more confident with every game, beattie has lost a ton of weight, pistone has gone and we have signed three very good players in Lukas J, Jags and Pienarr)

so we might not be able to win the carling cup, like anybody cares. i dont mind if we get knocked out of the second round of the carling cup and the third round of the fa cup if it means we attack the uefa cup and the end up in the uefa cup spot in the league come the end of the season

which teams are people actually worried about ? which teams have really improved this pre-season ? please god dont say garbage like fulham and pompey who have paid over the odds for average players. I think we are one of the few teams in the second tier of the premiership who have improved their squad by keeping our best players and adding the squad with two excellent ready made signings

would you rather buy good quality players or players for the sake of it like bolton seem to be doing ?

as for baines, nobody excepts the first bid for a player..lets all calm down and see what happens in the next few days

as for the daily mirror report about liverpool enterting the race to sign him, is this the same mirror who reported et'o and henry wanted to sign for liverpool ? oh yeah, so it was.

Point taken hans, however your comment regarding lets see what happens over the next few days were said (maybe not by you) about 6 weeks ago, 4 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago and even a week ago and nothing has changed.

The teams like Fulham, Wigan, Newcastle, Tottenham have all improved there squad.

Can't say they are ave players cos just cos they might have been for the previous clubs they might not be for the new clubs just look at Arteta.

Noone wanted to take a chance on him.

We could spend £5m on a player and be crab (What ever his name was) or spend 2m and get a gem (Cahill)

Also I would not mind if we brought in a few good quality players but at the moment we have not we have signed 1

Can't say that pinnear is a good quality player has he not played in this league before and didn't have the best of last season either.

If we sign Baines and Smith and Vogal like I said before then I will be happy.

Untill then and with time ticking away I won't

here here.

Our frustration is for our concern over the club, if you total up how much money we have spent in the last three season its buttons, we have been very lucky in getting Arteta and Cahill for next to nothing really. We went into the last Euro campaign without even signing any squad players, after a fourth place finish in the prem gave us more money than all but the top 3.

Last year we bought Lescott, Johnson and Howard, WHO HAVE BEEN DECENT SIGNINGS, but we got rid of Kroldrop 3.5M Bent 2M Kilbane 2M Davies 3.5M. so that almost covered the outlay.

This seasons the same, a Euro opportunity with an already small squad, gets rid of Wright, Pistone off the wage bill and Naysmith for a million we are having to sell or part exchange players before we can bring others in, so i have to ask the question, where has all the prem money for a 4th and a 7th finish gone, and all the TV money. ????

Any manager who is having to sell players in order to buy players means he has no money in the purse, and that cries out to me that this club is in a worse state than we think, thats my reason for the concern.

We must have had 30 odd to 40 million for each of the last 3 seasons and this year its going up to 50-60 million, how can we still be in so much trouble.

Guest blueboy122

all very good views looking at the situation from both sides. Baines would be a great signing he is only what 21/22 great tackler great pace and he has a trademark free kick which is also handy if its to far out for micky. I am very confident that we will sign baines smith and vogel to be honest.

i see the shitty skunks want rid of charles n'zogbia! yes please davey! great player on the wing and hes a left winger!! i have also heard they only want 2-3 million for him! am sorry but if he is availbe for that sort of price then we must i repeat MUST make a bid. and he is only 22 is he?? what are your thoughts on the lad?

Guest blueboy122

AGREED!! COME ON BILL! i am not worried bout liverpools bid thats fuckin garbage!! they fine in the left backs postion. he would turn them down if we can raise the money!