IGNORED

Vdm Whats The Latest

robin.jones

IF we win by a really big score tonight, make him play the second leg....(a)just to

rest someone and (B) to actually EARN some of his fat salary.

That's be dead mean....as there is no second leg so he'd turn up at Goodison to an empty ground, enough to drive a man to drink.

Glad he's back, we're so devoid of ideas that any midfield creativity is a step in the right direction.

Edited by MikeO

That's be dead mean....as there is no second leg so he'd turn up at Goodison to an empty ground, enough to drive a man to drink.

Glad he's back, we're so devoid of ideas that any midfield creativity is a step in the right direction.

Which makes me ask the question again, why is Anderson da Silva not in the reckoning, has gained two MOTM awards playing for Barnsley and the fans love him, he will be playing against Sheffield next month in the league for Barnsley, so why couldnt Moyes give him a game tonight before sending him back for another loan. :rolleyes:

All the hassle they put themselves through to get him and now he cant even get a game, i sometimes think D MOYES does'nt know what the fook he's doing after spending big money on players. His head is in the Clouds and he can't see whats happening on the pitch. I Hope he starts making some managerial decisions and turfs out those who are not performing, because it will be too late if we slip into the bottom half of the table.

PERHAPS HE SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT FROM THE CHAMPIONSHIP AGAIN WHERE HE SEEMS TO BE MORE COMFORTABLE.

Pssst Mike he was posting on the day of the Kharkiv game :unsure:

:lol: thanks for saying it quietly fish....it would be embarrassing if everyone heard :unsure: . It's my age you know :P .

I'm a bit bemused by the da Silva situation also. Presumably he's behind even Vidarsson in the pecking order but he's twenty-five years old ffs....if he's not good enough now (in DM's view) then he's not going to be is he?

I was speaking to a bloke I know the other day, who's daughter goes out with Stephen Morrison who plays for the reserves. He was saying that they all hate VDM. He's meant to have been training with them (obviously training with the reserves was his punishment!?!), but all he does is turn up, do a few stretches and f@ck off home. He's obviously really learned his lesson then hasn't he....no wonder he could never finish the 90 minutes.

:lol: thanks for saying it quietly fish....it would be embarrassing if everyone heard :unsure: . It's my age you know :P .

I'm a bit bemused by the da Silva situation also. Presumably he's behind even Vidarsson in the pecking order but he's twenty-five years old ffs....if he's not good enough now (in DM's view) then he's not going to be is he?

No worries Mike I wouldnt want to embarrass you ;)

The DaSilva thing bugs the shit outa me too cos he's looked half decent every time I'v seen him play an with our current midfield situation you have to question why Moyesy never stuck him on the bench for tonight? He could have had a run out if needed and then gone back on loan tomorrow if Moyes wasnt impressed.

Unless Barnsley requested we didnt cup tie him if they're still in!

I don't see the point it keeping giving opinions about VDM he hasn't played in the sidde enough for us to say he is or isn't good enough. When fit if he comes in and does a good job I am happy to except him but if he never plays and carries on causing problems I will be just as happy that he never plays. I hope moyes does not give carsley and nev a start in midfield tonigth becauise he should experiment.

I don't see the point it keeping giving opinions about VDM he hasn't played in the sidde enough for us to say he is or isn't good enough. When fit if he comes in and does a good job I am happy to except him but if he never plays and carries on causing problems I will be just as happy that he never plays. I hope moyes does not give carsley and nev a start in midfield tonigth becauise he should experiment.

Why not just leave them both out the squad and see if we win :rolleyes: I know we would...

Goldy said about Da silva...........Unless Barnsley requested we didnt cup tie him if they're still in!

Should be the other way round should'nt it, we dont want Barnsley to cup tie him, he's our player. :)

I think Moyes is having a nervous breakdown he does'nt know what the fooks happening in midfield, this would have been a good game to try different players in that area.

Da silva couldnt be any worse at the moment than Carsley, Neville, or Osman who are not performing very well.

With Arteta, Cahill and Graveson OUT we need to try something new.

VDM's not exactly what you'd really want to see in a fully fit Everton team/squad....

..but tonight that's not what we've got.Moyes should show he's a big enough man to

give hima nother chance and VDM should in return have a go and earn some money!

An odd goal can win a game!....we at the moment can't create..VDM at his best can!

a couple of perfect through balls to AJ would have the fans singing his name!

A clean sheet....couple of goals for AJ.....VDM playing a staring role...Yakubu storming

all over the pitch.......MMMmmm Red wine in the afternoon.........LOVELY :P

A clean sheet....couple of goals for AJ.....VDM playing a staring role...Yakubu storming

haha get it down ya lad, i hope he plays, and creates some chances, its his last chance to wear the shirt so come on ya dutch fucker believe in yourself.

VDM's not exactly what you'd really want to see in a fully fit Everton team/squad....

..but tonight that's not what we've got.Moyes should show he's a big enough man to

give hima nother chance and VDM should in return have a go and earn some money!

An odd goal can win a game!....we at the moment can't create..VDM at his best can!

a couple of perfect through balls to AJ would have the fans singing his name!

Sorry mate, but i wont have that, the yakubu bit, i dont care if he makes beattie look like a national winner, all i want is for him to be in the box and score goals.

Just my own Personal opinion.

i was thinking while watching the metalist game, even van de mayde would be useful on the pitch at the moment.

thing was he'd probably have done well, he wouldn't have needed to run as they were happy to sit back especially after they lost their first player. all he'd need to do is stand on the wing and whip balls in. if there's one thing possitive he's proven so far it's that he can cross a ball. at least he could have added a bit of creativity if not much running!

From the official site.....a bit of optimism.

Andy van der Meyde insists he feels like a new player after being welcomed back into the Everton fold following a breach of Club discipline.

The Dutch international, who celebrates his 28th birthday on Sunday, was suspended earleir this season after missing training.

It was the latest in a catalogue of problems for the midfielder, who has endured a rollercoaster ride since arriving at Goodison in 2005.

He has been restricted to just 18 Barclays Premier League appearances in his two years at Goodison, thanks to injury, loss of form and loss of favour.

But the mercurial winger returned to training with the rest of the Everton squad this week and admits it feels like a new start at a new Club - aided by the fact the players are beginning to switch from Bellefield to the new training complex at Finch Farm.

He told evertonTV: "I am very happy to be back part of the squad.

"It is not nice training on your own. It is hard and you have to push yourself. You aren't playing games or shooting at goal and you miss that."

It has been particularly frustrating for van der Meyde because, for the first time in his spell with the Blues, he has had a run of uninterrupted full fitness since the start of pre-season.

He added: "This is the first time I have been fit and not in the team. I hope to get my chance and if I get it I will not let it go.

"It is frustrating. I love the ball. I like to play with my teammates and have fun in training. I don't like watching from the sidelines, I hate that. I want to be part of it.

"We have a lot of games so my chance will come. I was back with the squad (at Sheffield Wednesday) on Wednesday and that is important.

"People get injuries and with the number of games people get tired so there will be chances for me.

"I do feel like a new player. Today I went to the new training ground and everything is new for me now. It feels like everything is fresh and there are no problems anymore.

"Bellefield was nice and had its charms, but with the new training ground it feels like we have a new fresh start. I want to be part of that."

He has built bridges with the management staff following the issues of the past.

He added: "I hope everything is forgiven and forgotten. We have to focus on football now and I hope Everton win a lot of games, with or without me. I still want to be part of it of course."

Edited by MikeO

From ICliverpool

THINKING positive is something all visitors to Clare House are urged to do and few appreciate those sentiments more than Andy van der Meyde.

Like the mums and dads who spend every moment they can with their children at the hospice on the Wirral, van der Meyde knows all about the torment and anguish that come with daily trips to hospital.

Six months ago, van der Meyde’s partner Lisa gave birth to their first child, a bouncing baby girl named Dolce, but, so far, the couple have been unable to bring her home for good. What’s more, they still don’t know when that time will come.

Dolce, you see, was born with a serious bowel problem which requires almost constant medical supervision – she is unable to eat or digest food yet and is vulnerable to picking up infections. Not surprisingly, it has had an enormous impact on their lives.

“Everything is done for her by computers at the minute,” said van der Meyde, explaining the situation. “She doesn’t even know what a bottle is. It breaks your heart to see a little girl in that state and there is nothing you can do to help. But we just have to stay positive.

“You have to be in hospital every day. It’s hard but that’s the way it is. It is getting better as she is coming home every day for a couple of hours now. After training, I pick her up and we have a couple of hours together.

“When we take her back to the hospital, we are learning how to put her back on the computer for her feed. If we learn it properly, maybe we will be able to have her home for one or two nights soon. It’s hard because we have to wear gloves all the time.

“If you pick up any bacteria, she will get sick again. We leave her about 9.30pm and then we just go home to bed. But it is so hard leaving. We hope she will make a full recovery in time but we just don’t know yet. We have to wait and see how she reacts to treatment.

“She is growing all the time, which is a good sign. But, at the minute, she is still being sick at some point every day. She can’t keep any food down and that is the problem. A few weeks ago it was really, really bad. But, like I say, we will stay positive.”

Some footballers shrink when making visits such as these but there was little chance of that happening with van der Meyde, who was at Clare House as part of the Premier League’s week long Creating Chances initiative.

“It is a good thing for the parents and children to be able to go to a good place like this. We stayed in Ronald McDonald House just after Dolce was born. Everyone is so helpful,” said van der Meyde.

“It’s such a sad place to go with all the sick, little kids. You feel helpless because you can’t do anything for them. You just have to stay as positive as you can be. In some way, I know how their parents are feeling.”

Dolce’s condition is the latest in a long line of traumatic episodes that have punctured his two years on Merseyside and given all that has happened, it would hardly be a surprise if he wanted to move away and start afresh yet the opposite is true of this endearing soul.

His spirits were lifted on Tuesday when he returned to the first team fold after a month in the wilderness but that does not change the fact he is only one more slip-up away from the professional point of no return.

Suspended and fined for missing training in August, David Moyes’ patience with the former Holland winger has been stretched to breaking point and it remains to be seen whether he will ever trust van der Meyde on a professional level completely again.

The thing with van der Meyde, however, which has probably spared him the sack is the fact he is blessed with a God given talent and it frustrates everyone he has not shown it. But maybe – just maybe – the penny has finally dropped.

He celebrates his 28th birthday on Sunday when Middlesbrough come to Goodison Park and while the best he can hope for is a place in the squad, a repentant van der Meyde is holding on to the belief that opportunity will knock once again.

“I was so happy,” he said, reflecting on the moment Moyes gave him the nod to return. “I was so happy to be training with the first team again. I was a month away from them. But it was my own fault.

“It was one of those things. We are all people, you know? We aren’t computers. We’ve all got feelings and sometimes things just get too much. You just want to lay everything to one side and just think about yourself for a little bit.

“But it was my own fault. I’m back in with the team and it won’t happen again. If they want me to play in the reserves or train with the reserves, I’ll do that. If they want me to be involved with the first team, I’ll be there for them.

“I’m just waiting for my chance now. I was in the stands against Sheffield Wednesday, so I suppose that is a start. When you train on your own, you are just in this little world and you have to keep pushing yourself.

“Now I can play in the little games, I can shoot at the goal and it feels much better. I feel fit again. I have spoken with the gaffer a few times and he understands everything. That’s good because some managers just don’t want to know about you.

“I still feel at home here. I love Everton and I just want to play for them again at some point. I’ve travelled with the team and now I just want that little bit more.

“It will come. I feel that. When I get a chance - if I get a chance - I won’t let go. There are no aches, no pains, nothing. I just have to wait now and be positive. That is the only thing I can do.”

I hope that with all that is said above from ICLiverpool isn't just a media slant for sympathy for VDM. I sincerely hope he moves forward and can produce some positive moments and a decent contribution to EFC. I believe he will, and obviously Moyes does too. Otherwise how many chances does he have left, not just for us but football in general.

A different situation but that Martin Laursen from Villa was injuried for 2 yrs and has now come good.....Probably there best player this season so there is hope!!

Edited by WestcountryToff