IGNORED

Birmingham. ( Home )

Bill

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

complete joke. Should have ended this ages ago.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! LEE CARSLEY THE DUDE! He's been superb again today and deserves it. JAMES VAUGHAN C'MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! 3-1. BRILLIANT! we've deserved it anyway, played some fantastic football but the likes of Pienaar etc has wasted countless opportunities with poor final balls. Made up for Vaughan, he really could be the real deal. He and Yakubu could be an awesome partnership but I still think we need to keep the 451 for now. Brilliant win in the end, just wish we could do things easy! :D

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! LEE CARSLEY THE DUDE! He's been superb again today and deserves it. JAMES VAUGHAN C'MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! 3-1. BRILLIANT! we've deserved it anyway, played some fantastic football but the likes of Pienaar etc has wasted countless opportunities with poor final balls. Made up for Vaughan, he really could be the real deal. He and Yakubu could be an awesome partnership but I still think we need to keep the 451 for now. Brilliant win in the end, just wish we could do things easy! :D

we wouldnt have won without him today he was class, so I dont no what your going on about, the final ball for yak was good wasnt it.

everyone played well today but its between Yak Pienaar + Jags for motm

Vaughan looked faster than ever when he came on.

Well done.

we wouldnt have won without him today he was class, so I dont no what your going on about, the final ball for yak was good wasnt it.

everyone played well today but its between Yak Pienaar + Jags for motm

Vaughan looked faster than ever when he came on.

Well done.

yeah Pienaar had a good game and excellently set up the first goal, but after that he seemed to get in loads of excellent positions and frustratingly not pick out the right final ball, he wasn't alone though! I thought Vaughan looked quick last year, tbh he looks faster than AJ to me.

Just hoping Liverpool can knock Blackburn down a peg or two, cant believe Benitez still plays Kuyt, he looks an astonishingly bad buy.

Edited by carlmc25

The Pienaar and Arteta effect is starting to really show. Fantastic game. I think Birmingham will take that result as it should have been 4 or 5-0 by half time. I agree that there were many wasted opportunities, but I don't think that you could single any one player out for being wasteful. Perhaps they shocked themselves just how well they were plaing, at times it could have been Arsenal playing 'total football'. Great to watch, although typical Everton, they make you almost die with frustration.

The Pienaar and Arteta effect is starting to really show. Fantastic game. I think Birmingham will take that result as it should have been 4 or 5-0 by half time. I agree that there were many wasted opportunities, but I don't think that you could single any one player out for being wasteful. Perhaps they shocked themselves just how well they were plaing, at times it could have been Arsenal playing 'total football'. Great to watch, although typical Everton, they make you almost die with frustration.

exactly what I was thinking, starting to really play some football now. Just realised blue4ever, we did win without Pienaar! he was off when we scored our two winners! :) But yes, his linkup with Arteta is really showing some promise. We have to remember that Cahill still isn't totally fit, Vaughan not quite ready, Yakubu getting better and better, AJ out, Arteta not at top form and STILL we are improving all the time and have now won 4 on the trot. As I said the other day, it feels like the season has just started for me - every week I can't wait for each match. So glad Vaughan is back, I was a little disappointed with AJ last season, he worked so hard and gave us the outlet we needed, but he wasn't as direct as I expected or as quick, Vaughan just looks like he has all AJ's attributes plus he's better in the air, possibly quicker and more lethal. It's still early days but I just so hope he now stays injury free, fulfils his potential and fires us up the table.

^^ I dont think we would have won without Pienaar, he was probably the best player today him and Yak linked up great, he set yaks goal up and I think anyone else would have shot themselves instead he set it up for Yakubu. We didnt play as good when we went off I thought anyway. End of the day we won, and deserved it, Jagielka proved he's a defender today dont care who ever says he's better in midfield, there wrong. the hole team were great today am actually pleased the way we played and we got a result. Yak + Vaughan look the buisness tgether up front, Sorry A.J but if these 2 link up like they did for the short time they were on then id play them up front together. Vaughan came on and looked very very fast, he would cause any defender trouble with that pace.

Totally agrree with that, we were first to everything in the first half

We weere playing great footballl, but just missed that little somthing to finish it off

Thought when they equellised that it was typical Everton and we needed that second goal and it could have been a cricket score

It was birmingham and I wouold expect them to go down

^^ I dont think we would have won without Pienaar, he was probably the best player today him and Yak linked up great, he set yaks goal up and I think anyone else would have shot themselves instead he set it up for Yakubu. We didnt play as good when we went off I thought anyway. End of the day we won, and deserved it, Jagielka proved he's a defender today dont care who ever says he's better in midfield, there wrong. the hole team were great today am actually pleased the way we played and we got a result. Yak + Vaughan look the buisness tgether up front, Sorry A.J but if these 2 link up like they did for the short time they were on then id play them up front together. Vaughan came on and looked very very fast, he would cause any defender trouble with that pace.

yeah, I mean Vaughan last season troubled every defence he played against, not only is he lightning fast but he's very good in the air for his size, he works so hard, he makes good runs, chases everything and puts himself about (possibly a little too much, like Cahill, which is why maybe he is getting a few injuries). I cant remember the last time I was as disappointed with an injury to one of our players as I was when Vaughan got injured preseason, I dont want to put too much pressure on him but he really looks in a totally different stratosphere to the likes of Anichebe. I hear what you're saying about Pienaar, he is a very intelligent footballer who rarely gives the ball away, but sometimes his decisions aren't always on the money, whereas Arteta seems to invariably pick out the right pass. That being said, Arteta hasn't really been totally on top of his game in recent weeks and Pienaar is getting better and better and the two of them together are very exciting. I'm just so glad we've gone back to 451, if we have pace and energy up front then it can really work for us. We have the perfect midfielders to play in a 5, the perfect mix. Chelsea away next up in the league and that will be a true test of just how good our team is, anything out of that game will be a fantastic result - with a full team out I certainly think we can give them a tough game.

Some of Moyes decisions are frustrating (particularly his delay in bringing on subs) but no one can deny he has built the best Everton team/squad in a long time. It's a good time to be an Evertonian, just a pity we messed up the derby when we had victory in our sights, we'd really be sitting pretty in the league.

First off how fucking dead was Goodison? Im sitting there in the Gwladys hearing people have their own fucking conversations rather than watch the game.

The first half we were comfortable and passed the ball around well, we were probably a bit too smart for our own good at times. The second half was a completely different story and we invited pressure onto us when we could have taken them to the cleaners.

Arteta was shite tbh, and it's lucky for us that the rest of the midfield stepped up. Pienaar was fantastic and comfortably my MOTM. His play at times was nothing short of magnificant. Sign him in January, fuck waiting til the summer. Considering Osman has been one of our best players the past few games I thought he was below par, and didn't really add much to our overall play. Carsley had a good game, a few dodgy moments but mostly solid and what a cracking goal. He spent a lot of his time covering RB for Pip because he (Pip) couldn't be arsed running back when he lost the ball. Cahill was his usual battling self but I feel he should have been taken off with 20mins to go. The defence was solid the majority of the time, just a shame we couldnt keep a clean sheet. Jags looked shaky when he first came on but after that he played very well and saved us a couple of times. Yak had a good game for me and took his goal very well - 4 goals already, that's not a bad return IMO. James Vaughan, I fucking love this boy already and the way he's going he's sure to become our number 9 in the next few years. He worked tirelessly when he came on and took his goal very well.

This match is the reason I love and hate Everton.

First off how fucking dead was Goodison? Im sitting there in the Gwladys hearing people have their own fucking conversations rather than watch the game.

The first half we were comfortable and passed the ball around well, we were probably a bit too smart for our own good at times. The second half was a completely different story and we invited pressure onto us when we could have taken them to the cleaners.

Arteta was shite tbh, and it's lucky for us that the rest of the midfield stepped up. Pienaar was fantastic and comfortably my MOTM. His play at times was nothing short of magnificant. Sign him in January, fuck waiting til the summer. Considering Osman has been one of our best players the past few games I thought he was below par, and didn't really add much to our overall play. Carsley had a good game, a few dodgy moments but mostly solid and what a cracking goal. He spent a lot of his time covering RB for Pip because he (Pip) couldn't be arsed running back when he lost the ball. Cahill was his usual battling self but I feel he should have been taken off with 20mins to go. The defence was solid the majority of the time, just a shame we couldnt keep a clean sheet. Jags looked shaky when he first came on but after that he played very well and saved us a couple of times. Yak had a good game for me and took his goal very well - 4 goals already, that's not a bad return IMO. James Vaughan, I fucking love this boy already and the way he's going he's sure to become our number 9 in the next few years. He worked tirelessly when he came on and took his goal very well.

This match is the reason I love and hate Everton.

I was so hoping for a comfortable win but it has to be said, there is no better feeling than winning a match in the last couple of minutes, I was literally screaming the house down! Typical Everton as you say, somehow we just dont finish teams off. I'm just hoping that Arteta will get back on his 100% game, ever since he was overlooked by Spain (again) his form seems to have deserted him, I thought it may have been purely down to the abysmal midfield that he had around him, but now that is not the case any longer and he has started to show some signs of a return to form at least. That's the good thing though, some of our most important players aren't at their peak yet and we're still starting to put a run together (albeit against not exactly the 4 toughest opponents of all time). Just think of how many different players have scored goals for us this season, and several players already have 3 or 4 to their name. Exciting times and we finally have a squad that can cope with more than one game a week. If only we could sign a world class powerhouse CM we'd be in business big time. Pienaar has to be snapped up, especially considering I'm sure he was some ridiculously cheap price from memory.