IGNORED

Birmingham. ( Home )

Bill

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..............................................Howard.

Neville.........................................................................

...Baines.

.............................Yobo.............................Lescott.

..........................................Carsley.

...............Arteta................Gravesen..............Piennar.

..........................................Cahill.

.........................................Vaughan.

OK! Baines in front of Neville is kinda strange....BUT have you seen Birminghams right winger?

AND Lescotts very good down the left!

:lol:

First choice:

Howard

Jags Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Carsley Cahill Pienaar

Yak McFadden

OR if Baines is injured and McFadden needs a rest or whatever:

Howard

Jags Yobo Stubbs Lescott

Arteta Carsley Gravesen Pienaar

Cahill

Yak

I just hope Nev doesn't play, and it'd be great to see Vaughan and/or Vic come on off the bench as well as Tommy. It's hard on Ossie to leave him out, but maybe a rest will do him good before the Nurnberg game.

In the last 4 or 5 posts everyone has omitted Osman, Osman has been one of our better players in the last 3 or four games and Moyes will not leave him out.

I understand that NEVILLE will be re-instated in the team but not at the expense of Osman, if he does there will be nobody in Midfield who we can play football through. It has got to be 4-5-1.

.................... Howard.......................

Neville ...... Yobo .. Stubbs ..... Lescott

Pienaar..Cahill ..Carsley..Osman..Arteta

.................... Vaughan .......................

Subs.... Mc fad, Jags, Yak, Wessells, Valente. give big Victor a rest and i would like to see Boyle in the Squad cos Valente was awful the other night.

i think BLUE250 watched a little too much rugby world cup with that formation!

id go for the 451 at the mo, yak with cahill behind. i'll be more than happy for vaughan to play, but i dont want us to have to put pressure on the lad just yet

I would 2, maybe only 4 4 2 if he decides the Nev Cars patnership is over and thats never going to happen!

Id like to see

----------------------Howard------------------------

Jagielka------Yobo-----------Lescott-------Baines

Arteta-----Grav-----Osman-----Cahill------Pienaar

-----------------------Yakubu-------------------------

or if Baines is out

-----------------------Howard--------------------------

Jagielka--------Yobo----------Stubbs--------Lescott

Arteta---------Cahill-----------Carsley--------Pienaar

----------------Yakubu---------Vaughan---------------

We would show Birmingham what we can really do with either of them teams out, but sadly moyes will never drop Neville.

probable team.

----------------------Howard--------------------------

Jagielka------Yobo------------Stubbs--------Lescott

-------------Carsley------------Neville---------------

Arteta-----------------Cahill-------------------Osman

----------------------Vaughan-------------------------

Edited by Blue4Ever

keep the 4-5-1 going i say. Play yak upfront on his own again.

Got to say this will be a close game, a 2-1 win to us i reckon.

this will be the team he picks except that Nev will come in for Jags probably. Osman is playing very well, Carsley is back and so are the clean sheets (no coincidence) and Yakubu played well in the last match. Last night's match once again proved why Yak should play ahead of the likes of Anichebe, they both don't have the best workrate but Yak does actually have genuine class. If Anichebe could pull his finger out he could be a very effective player, but I can't see him cutting it due to his poor workrate. Vaughan looks the real deal tho but he won't be ready for the weekend.

With Grav and Osman being in form I wouldn't be surprised if Moyes starts with Pienaar on the bench. At this point I'd prefer Jags to start over Neville at RB, but I don't think that will be the case.

-----------------------Howard------------------------

Neville--------Yobo------------Stubbs--------Lescott

-----------------------Carsley------------------------

Arteta---------------Gravesen---------------Osman

------------------------Cahill--------------------------

-----------------------Yakubu-------------------------

Bench: Wessels, Vaughan, Anichebe, Jags, Pienaar

2-0 us, Osman early on and Yak with a classy finish.

Guest blueboy122

Ill Go For:

Howard

Neville Lescott Yobo Baines

Carsley

Pienarr Gravesen Arteta

Cahill

Yakubu

Everton 3

Birmingham 0

Scorers: Yakubu X2

Gravesen

I suspect this is what we might see

........................Howard............................

Neville.......Yobo.......Stubbs........Lescott

Arteta........Osman....Carsely...Graveson

.........................Cahill........................

........................Yakattack...................

If Arteta isn't fit I suspect Pienaar will slot in

Probably have Anichebe, McFadden, Hibbert, Vaughan, and Wessels on the bench.

2-0 Us

Osman and Graveson

I suspect this is what we might see

........................Howard............................

Neville.......Yobo.......Stubbs........Lescott

Arteta........Osman....Carsely...Graveson

.........................Cahill........................

........................Yakattack...................

We wont be see'ing Graveson left wing mate, I wouldnt mind that team but im sure Pienaar has shown people he's our best option on the wing other to Arteta, id play him and Arteta on the wings then Osman Cahill and Tommy through the middle, imo we don't need a holding player if we have all 5 midielders getting up and down, I suppose Tommy would play deeper in midfield anyway.

I think Jagielka will get dropped with Neville returning at rightback and Carsley holding, or he will drop Carsley play neville midfield and play hibbo at fullback.

Can't see Jagielka playing even though he's our best rightback, moyes has good man management ill give him that but I hate his team selections :angry:

We wont be see'ing Graveson left wing mate, I wouldnt mind that team but im sure Pienaar has shown people he's our best option on the wing other to Arteta, id play him and Arteta on the wings then Osman Cahill and Tommy through the middle, imo we don't need a holding player if we have all 5 midielders getting up and down, I suppose Tommy would play deeper in midfield anyway.

I think Jagielka will get dropped with Neville returning at rightback and Carsley holding, or he will drop Carsley play neville midfield and play hibbo at fullback.

Can't see Jagielka playing even though he's our best rightback, moyes has good man management ill give him that but I hate his team selections :angry:

come on Blue buddy, surely you must have learnt by now that Moyes will put at least one defensive midfielder out! I can see sense in what you are saying, with all 5 tackling etc and the fact that on paper we have better players we should be able to dominate, but I think we always need that holding player in a 5, it just gives the likes of Cahill, Arteta etc so much more freedom to attack. Carsley has been excellent since he's come back in and unless he's knackered I think he's a definite starter. I can only see it being a 451 with Yak in attack. Just hope the players are up for it and start off at a high tempo, get an early goal and I think it could be a highly enjoyable afternoon. The season feels like it's just started for me, I'm really excited about every match as finally our best team is nearing fitness and then the league will see a different Everton. I'm also delighted Moyes has returned to a 451, the bottom line is it works. for us!

come on Blue buddy, surely you must have learnt by now that Moyes will put at least one defensive midfielder out! I can see sense in what you are saying, with all 5 tackling etc and the fact that on paper we have better players we should be able to dominate, but I think we always need that holding player in a 5, it just gives the likes of Cahill, Arteta etc so much more freedom to attack. Carsley has been excellent since he's come back in and unless he's knackered I think he's a definite starter. I can only see it being a 451 with Yak in attack. Just hope the players are up for it and start off at a high tempo, get an early goal and I think it could be a highly enjoyable afternoon. The season feels like it's just started for me, I'm really excited about every match as finally our best team is nearing fitness and then the league will see a different Everton. I'm also delighted Moyes has returned to a 451, the bottom line is it works. for us!

Yes, I know moyes will play one, I like cars alot more than Neville but with 5 midfielders we dont need one, ok maybe in a tough game with Chelsea or Arsenal etc.. but its Birmingham, its going to be alot harder to break them down having a holding midfielder but against a big team they would come at us which would give us space, Birmingham wont, they will come for a point. I like Cars and I can tell you do I just dont think he's needed tommorow. Fingers crossed neville gets food poisoning over night :)

Yes, I know moyes will play one, I like cars alot more than Neville but with 5 midfielders we dont need one, ok maybe in a tough game with Chelsea or Arsenal etc.. but its Birmingham, its going to be alot harder to break them down having a holding midfielder but against a big team they would come at us which would give us space, Birmingham wont, they will come for a point. I like Cars and I can tell you do I just dont think he's needed tommorow. Fingers crossed neville gets food poisoning over night :)

I wouldn't wish illness on anyone but I know what you mean! tbh I'm starting to get the impression that Moyes knows that Neville isn't the answer in midfield, although he can do a job in the holding role in a 5, but we seriously don't need 2 holding players in a 5 as then we are starved of creativity. I totally see what you're saying but we haven't defended well this season and it's only the last few games (with Carsley back) that the defence has looked solid so I think he will keep Carsley in. Gravesen still hasn't played enough to start imo. I think a 5 man midfield with Cars, Cahill, Pienaar, Osman and Arteta has a good mix of workrate, grit, skill, runners into the box and creativity to turn most teams over. 5 attacking players may sound good on paper but the midfield needs the glue to hold them together, and that glue is Lee Carsley at the moment!

Edited by carlmc25

Arteta and Baines look doubtful so probs a few more changes to the side.................

........................Howard ..................

Jagielka .... Yobo .... Stubbs .... Lescott

Osman. Cahill. Carsley. Graveson. Pienaar

...Yakubu/ Anichebe/ Vaughan/ McFadden. ??? . Who Knows :D :D

Subs ... Neville, Hibbert, and all those who are not selected. :)

They have to be wary of Brums De Ridder. a good player.

Arteta and Baines look doubtful so probs a few more changes to the side.................

"Pienaar has an ankle knock that was aggravated in midweek" according to the official site so he's a doubt also.

Should still have enough against Brum though, not as poor as Derby but has to be a home banker. Not going to predict a score 'til I see the team.

Team I'd Go For i'm assuming Baines and Pienarr are injured

Howard

Jagielka YoboC Stubbs Lescott

Arteta Carsley Gravesen Osman

Cahill

Yak

Subs Wessels Phil Mcfadden Victor Vaughan

So expect

Howard

Hibbert YoboC Stubbs Lescott

Osman Carsley Neville Arteta

Cahill