IGNORED

Zenit St Petersburg Uefa Cup (home)

JamesN

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt think we played to good tonight, We kept the ball second half which was good but I think basicly being through was on the players minds a bit.

Mcfadden really needs to go now, he would fetch a decent amount of money for what he is, a very in consistent striker who gives the ball away far to much.

Lescott Was outstanding tonight, apart from one time he went foward and lost it, he made there number 10 I think its Arshavin look average which he's far from.

Everyone else i thought were below average except Howard he done well.

A few people have said Jags played poor, I thought he done alright with Lescott in the middle.

Johnson still isnt on top form but he done alright and put the effort in when needed.

Moyes subs dont alf get on my nerves he always lets it go to about 20 mins left before making his first sub which I thought needed to be made at half time taking McFadden off.

Glad were through but we made hard work of it.

Gutted was going to put 1-0 on aswell.

Lescott was outstanding??? yh he had a good game, he just wouldnt listen to Baines at all, You could see baines telling him to go cover a Defender while baines took that man, and he just left him, so they got their crosses in, but IMO Baines was outstanding, Great at getting Forward, Great Defender, Player well along with Howard Carsley, Arteta. and for once i thought Pip was immense tonight, didnt win every challenge but the one's he went for, they were one's they he wouldnt normally dive in for, but when going forward he was poor, crosses didnt make it past the first man,

Cahill looked a bit lost in the first half, Yes he was playing well but just wasn't used to not commiting himself when going forwar as we were playing 4-4-2, but in the second half i thought he was outstanding, would come back in to our half. pick the ball up and then make a beauty of a pass. AJ didnt have the best of games, but since when do you ever see him take players on like he did last nite? never seen him pull of any bit of skilll before, Except Running down the line.

Mcfadden, well....when he got the ball he just didnt look up for a pass, would take on 2 players, lose the ball and have a big Huff about it, doesnt know how to pass, Track Back, or pass the ball back to a midfielder, he has to go forward!

But Decent enuf Result

Probably expecting a 7-1 win every game to sing right through 90 mins. :) Made a rod for our own back.

Altho it was'nt a brilliant performance its another win with another Clean sheet, i'd take that with every game.

Qualified from the group as winners with a game to play and +5 goal difference, had you offered any blue that at the start of the season we woulod have all taken it as well!

OK, here is my opinion on the game. Thought that we did enough to win the game. It was certainly not a vintage performances but we got the result we needed so thats what counts at the moment. Good first half display, looked poor in the second half until Vic came on. We played with no sense of urgency or threat until he entered the fray. Zenit looked like a very well organised squad and passed the ball around nicely at the back but lacked bite up front. Which was similar to us. If i never see AJ and McFadden paired together up front again I will die happy. They didn't work together in any shape or form, couldn't read each others game and kept getting in each others way.

The crowd was very quiet inside the stadium, the Zenit fans were simply amazing, however the Zenit fan who sat behind me was very annoying, kept on kicking me in the back the whole game then had a go at me when we scored and again at final whistel.

I thought that the few times we played the ball along the deck we looked good but we resorted to long ball so often, was infuriating. Lescott was our best player, one of his more assured performances when we really needed it. It was also nice to see Jags at CB, gave a solid enough display and he should be cover enough for when Yobo goes to the African Nations.

The midfield were all lacking (except carsley who quietly went about his job mopping up zenits play), but that is possibly because we booted the ball up the pitch so many times they never got a chance. Cahill was very quiet until he was told to press up the pitch with 15 mins to go. He should have done this long before.

Thats about it, oh and the ref was awful. Never a pen, never a red card, spent the rest of the game giving stupid decisions to zenit to try and make up for his mistake. He almost had as bad a performance as Mcfadden

Edited by jamiemaher85

This is a genuine question - are our players scared to tackle? They seem shit scared to close down and get a hit in. You could say it's coz European referee's are harsher but they do it in the league as well. It's very annoying. As to Cahill, if it wasn't for his goals we'd want him dropped because in all honestly his overall play has been shite and he probably needs a rest. Pip needs to look before he does that stupid fucking chipped ball down the wing to no one. Faddy needs to shut the fuck up and get on with the game. Jags needs to learn how to win a header. Spuddy needs to stop showboating and actually do what he's on the field for - TO CREATE. AJ was a bit like a headless chicken last night and didn't really look on it. Oh and stop playing sideways with lots of little passes that get us nowhere and allow the oppo to get back, WE ARE NOT ARSENAL. I'm glad we're through but if we play like that against other teams we will be embarrassed. Baines played well when our players actually gave him the ball, which is not as often as I'd like. Lescott played well as did Carsley, but he needs to close down quicker and be more alert sometimes.

To Carl - Post count means nothing, and I don't think anyone has ever said otherwise. Get over it and put your toys back in the pram.

This is a genuine question - are our players scared to tackle? They seem shit scared to close down and get a hit in. You could say it's coz European referee's are harsher but they do it in the league as well. It's very annoying. As to Cahill, if it wasn't for his goals we'd want him dropped because in all honestly his overall play has been shite and he probably needs a rest. Pip needs to look before he does that stupid fucking chipped ball down the wing to no one. Faddy needs to shut the fuck up and get on with the game. Jags needs to learn how to win a header. Spuddy needs to stop showboating and actually do what he's on the field for - TO CREATE. AJ was a bit like a headless chicken last night and didn't really look on it. Oh and stop playing sideways with lots of little passes that get us nowhere and allow the oppo to get back, WE ARE NOT ARSENAL. I'm glad we're through but if we play like that against other teams we will be embarrassed. Baines played well when our players actually gave him the ball, which is not as often as I'd like. Lescott played well as did Carsley, but he needs to close down quicker and be more alert sometimes.

To Carl - Post count means nothing, and I don't think anyone has ever said otherwise. Get over it and put your toys back in the pram.

I didnt get to the Game but from what i saw on the TV you got that assessment Spot on Mark. ;)

As i have said it was not a brilliant performance but I'll take the result every time. Having a good run at the moment, since we got robbed by the Ref against redS we have played 9, won 7, drawn 2, scored 20 goals against 4, with 5 clean sheets. Not too bad. :)

This is a genuine question - are our players scared to tackle? They seem shit scared to close down and get a hit in. You could say it's coz European referee's are harsher but they do it in the league as well.

i think it s a fear of diving into a tackle and getting done by it. i got to disagree i think the pressing system works better, yes the oppersition keep the ball but they are playing in front of us all the time, thats my take on it anyway

hey guys

YOU HAVE TO WIN AGAINST PETERSBURG ;) because if you do WE are also in the next round and this wuold be really great .... perhaps we will see us again in the final match :P ... petersburg is a good team but you are better !!! so good luck especially for this match but also for the others in the next round

René

hey guys

YOU HAVE TO WIN AGAINST PETERSBURG ;) because if you do WE are also in the next round and this wuold be really great .... perhaps we will see us again in the final match :P ... petersburg is a good team but you are better !!! so good luck especially for this match but also for the others in the next round

René

Erm we beat Petersburg last night did we not? :blink:

oooh listen Rene, i will say this only once. Everton 1, St Petersburg 0...... God Moaning. :D

PS....

Everton steht in der K.o.-Runde

Nach dem 1:0-Heimsieg über den Russischen Meister Zenit St. Petersburg ist der FC Everton vorzeitig fürs Sechzehntel-Finale des UEFA-Cups qualifiziert.

Enjoy.

Fuckinghell , didn't know you could speak Spanish Bill :o !

I'm thinking you mean Alkmaar FCN...but it's already in your own hands, beat Larissa and you're through. Love to play you in the final, the easiest game we had in 1984/5 was the final and I'd love it to be the same again this time :P .

that man, and he just left him, so they got their crosses in, but IMO Baines was outstanding, Great at getting Forward, Great Defender, Player well along with Howard Carsley, Arteta. and for once i thought Pip was immense tonight, didnt win every challenge but the one's he went for, they were one's they he wouldnt normally dive in for, but when going forward he was poor, crosses didnt make it past the first man,

Im Baines biggest fan but his performance was no way as good as usual.

them chipped balls dont alf piss me off as Mark said Neville does far to many of them but he did play ok yesterday ill give him that.

I think that game sealed McFadden's future at Everton he needs to go but looking at that game most of team should have gone on the transfer market. Ethier are defence is very slow or they were very fast but Lescott saved us on numerous occasions. Baines brilliant as usual. Howard great. Carsley doing what he does best. Arteta was unlucky not to score should have buried the pen tho.Cahill battles all the time an deserved that goal. Thats it all the other players were awful i was screaming at the tele telling them what to do but they obviously no what to do to win 3 out 3 in Uefa cup. I no we won but Moyes seems happy with the win :huh: Expect a good preformance against Fulham cos its not as if we worked to our potenial in that game.

Are you sure your gald we are though, you really sound it

First team in 20 odd years to get past chrismas in Europe, unbeaten in 9 games, tim cahill scoring for fun, a fit squad, re-descovering a winning system, a full house in Europe

Think of the positives, because the negatives are always there

Are you sure your gald we are though, you really sound it

First team in 20 odd years to get past chrismas in Europe, unbeaten in 9 games, tim cahill scoring for fun, a fit squad, re-descovering a winning system, a full house in Europe

Think of the positives, because the negatives are always there

Great Post!!!!!!

Im Baines biggest fan but his performance was no way as good as usual.

Same Ere mate, i Fukin Love Baines, its just that he has A load of skill within him that we never get to see, and he just flys down the left wing to get a cross in,

Was So happy when we got him!!!

Edited by jacko1990