IGNORED

Zenit St Petersburg Uefa Cup (home)

JamesN

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it wasn't meant to! it just annoys me that there is obviously a clique on this board, a core group of buddies who stick up for each other, even when what they've said is quite obviously incorrect. It's meant to be about opinions, about football, not about who's friends with each other. I have absolutely no problem with what Stevo wrote, he never said anything was definite just gave his thoughts, the problem I have is that Licker then jumps on the chance to pat his friend on the back and congratulate him on his insight when in reality Stevo's thoughts (if the predicted team is correct) weren't actually correct, or even that close. I welcome other people's opinions and no one is right all the time, but I have little respect for people who can't admit when they're wrong.

As I say, it just gets on my nerves - you try and make valid points in a topic and then everytime you get the same group of friends who come on and say exactly the same thing and gang up, then when they're wrong you don't hear a peep - when you challenge their views with reasoned argument they have no response. I just find it frustrating and I think some other people are then scared to post their views as they don't want to be ganged up on.

1. The people you talk about have been here for years, it's not a clique just friends formed out of a mutual love of the blues and may hours discussing them on here. We (if I was included) tear eachother to shreds from time to time.

2. Like you said it's about opinions and as far as I can see it is you who jumped on the opinion of another member not the other way round. Practice what you preach!!

Not getting involved other than to say this repeated "clique" stuff is bollocks. Who's supposed to be in it? We all disagree from time to time....if you go back to the Pienaar argument in "What's the squad capable of" I was with you Carl against (among others) Licker. No reason to get so wound up about stuff mate, we're all on the same side :) .

1. The people you talk about have been here for years, it's not a clique just friends formed out of a mutual love of the blues and may hours discussing them on here. We (if I was included) tear eachother to shreds from time to time.

2. Like you said it's about opinions and as far as I can see it is you who jumped on the opinion of another member not the other way round. Practice what you preach!!

They're the best times :D

Not getting involved other than to say this repeated "clique" stuff is bollocks. Who's supposed to be in it? We all disagree from time to time....if you go back to the Pienaar argument in "What's the squad capable of" I was with you Carl against (among others) Licker. No reason to get so wound up about stuff mate, we're all on the same side :) .

maybe it's just because I'm having a bad day! I've just been told by my builder I owe him £3500, approx £2000 more than I expected!!! :)

Maybe I over-reacted, it just really does get on my raving titties sometimes when you get in big discussions, valid points are made and then the people you're having the discussion with don't acknowledge them or just stop replying and then it does seem on occasion that certain people just back each other up. I know the way I post can get right on people's nerves, I can't help it I just get a little argumentative sometimes but I am usually right! :D Stevo wasn't spot on! he just wasn't, I mean - he still could be come kick off tonight, but Licker jumped the gun a bit and maybe I just got a little paranoid and saw it as another back slapping clique moment.

Anyway, once again I'm a little sorry for the petty manner in which I wrote things, but what I said was actually right (apart from possibly the clique thing, but I'm still a little dubious!)

at least it passed an hour of work :)

The reason it's not a clique (and it is what Fish said) is that a clique is exclusive and this is open to anyone who wants in....

Anyway (getting back to the thread) I haven't gone for a result yet...2-1 I reckon after going behind.

depends what team we put out, to be honest I'm not overly concerned with the result tonight - I'm far more focused on beating Fulham on Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I want us to win the UEFA as what is the point qualifying otherwise if you don't try and win it - but I just think we're basically already through and all we need is a draw to top the group. Even if we don't top the group and finish 2nd/3rd then ok we play a better team, but so what? we're going to have to play them sometime and it's a good test of our ability. I read a Moyes article earlier and he seemed to be saying the same thing, whether it's all a bluff I don't know but he didn't seem particularly concerned where we finished in the group as long as we qualify. I'm actually going to record the match as it's the last two episodes of Heroes tonight :D I'll watch the footy after Heroes and then I can forward Pat Nevin in the breaks!

If Gravesen plays I can see a win, if he doesn't and Cahill is out and it is 442 then I can't see too many goals tbh. Hope we win, but it's Saturday we NEED to win imo.

I'll go for 2-2, if Gravesen plays I'll go for 3-1 to us.

Was that supposed to be an apology.?? this is what posters read into your letters, I have put in brackets what you really mean. take a good look at yourself and change your "I'm better than everybody else" attitude. Grow up a bit and go and see somebody about that dreadfull insecurity Problem you seem to suffer from.

maybe it's just because I'm having a bad day! I've just been told by my builder I owe him £3500, approx £2000 more than I expected!!! ( I HAVE TO MAKE SOME EXCUSE FOR BEING A TWAT )

Maybe I over-reacted, it just really does get on my raving titties sometimes when you get in big discussions, valid points are made and then the people you're having the discussion with don't acknowledge them or ( DONT PAT ME ON THE BACK FOR IT) just stop replying and then it does seem on occasion that certain people just back each other up. I know the way I post can get right on people's nerves,( COS NOBODYS AS GOOD AS ME) I can't help it I just get a little argumentative sometimes but I am usually right!..( I AM RIGHT AS USUAL ) Stevo wasn't spot on! he just wasn't, ( HE WAS TOTALLY WRONG ) I mean - he still could be come kick off tonight, but Licker jumped the gun a bit and maybe (SHOULDNT HAVE PATTED HIM ON THE BACK AND IGNORED ME) I just got a little paranoid and saw it as another back slapping clique moment.

Anyway, once again I'm a little sorry for the petty manner in which I wrote things, but what I said was actually right ( AS ALWAYS ) apart from possibly the clique thing, but I'm still a little dubious. ( BUT YOU KNOW I'M STILL RIGHT )

at least it passed an hour of work :)

why? because what you said was totally inaccurate and I pointed it out. If you weren't so eager to slap your buddies back then you may have actually read what he wrote and realised it wasn't 'spot on.'

I mean, you even highlighted sections to try and make him look good - like wouldn't drop any of our midfield, and Baines (which he said should play against Fulham, NOT Zenith) which were both incorrect if the expected line-up is correct.

I don't see what the big deal is, you cocked up - get over it.

i got this far and thought what a cock! i didnt give an expected line up at all, i just made a few points which may have an effect on team selection. so if you dont mind carl, read whats on the page before you start spouting off!

as for licker pattin his buddy on the back, i actually think bill is a complete and utter idiot!

only messing buddy :P

Now I repeat, Stevo said it would be unfair to drop Valente so Baines should be brought in against Fulham (quite why when Fulham is the more important match I don't know).

i said play valente against Zenit as he is playing well, bring Baines in for the Fulham game when valente may be a little tired and Baines will be fresh. not because one game is more important than the other, and i believe Baines is the better player, so if fulham is the more important then my idea works a treat.

numerous times ive just read stevo wasnt spot on.

there is nothing i have typed on here to be spot on or not. i havent predicted a line up, i have stated a few things that may change team selection and i have stated i dont want the midfield split up.

who would have thought the problems from me giving a little info

and finally, carl, the reason i dont come back on here after the match to back up or admit i may have been wrong is because after the match i hate coming on the match day threads as most of it is discussed while the match is being played and i just dont like reading thru all that.

now fuck the lot of you, carl, liam, bill, mike, mark, anybody else! :lol:

im off to the match

Everton

24 Howard

18 Neville

16 Jagielka

05 Lescott

03 Baines

20 Pienaar

17 Cahill

26 Carsley

06 Arteta

08 Johnson

11 McFadden

Substitutes

33 Wessels, 10 Gravesen, 14 Vaughan, 21 Osman, 22 Yakubu, 28 Anichebe, 29 Boyle

...and I'm loving the coverage on ITV4. Great stuff on '85 and a great opening :D .

Don't think Faddy or AJ had a particularly good game, Arteta could at least cross a ball tonight (and had that cracking free-kick) and I think Baines and (to a lesser extent) Jags did their job OK. Lescott, Carsley and Howard up to scratch, Pienaar was quiet by recent standards. Pip worries me but TC (and Nurnburg :D ) popped in with the goods so all is well.

And ITV4 coverage is vastly superior to Five's imo....shame we'll be back there for AZ.

Edited by MikeO

A little surprised that you guys thing it was a poor performance, I thought there was some good stuff against a decent side. Granted they had 10 men (disgraceful decsion) but I thought there was some good build up.

Still, to have won the group with a game to spare is fantastic news. Gives us a real crack at getting into the last 16 and then we'll see.

100% agree on McFadden, he's a playground player. Cash in whilst his stock is high and he's kidding people with a few great goals.

I know many love him but I have to say AJ is no good. Just no strength whatsoever. He looks like he belongs in a lower division to me. Sure he does alot of running but at this level you need a bit more than just commitment.

His touch isnt good, neither is his decision making. In the 1st half when McFadden got free down the left AJ's run was poor and then AJ decided to go in the box HIDING BEHIND a defender when he should have dropped off to be found easily. Thats 1 incident, there were others, mainly involving his lack of strentgh and when he does sometimes get the ball under control in a good pozzi he often goes and ventures off to the wing (which is fine at times but not when there are other, better options available).

Still a good result, even though it looked like it wasnt going to come towards the end. Thank god for Cahill being in the right place at the right time yet again.

Sorry for having a pop at AJ but 'nil satis nisi optimum' and all that AND I just think he's not the best weve got (prob 4th best IMO) useful from the bench probably.

I noticed a few having a go at McFadden, he was no worse than AJ tonight.

Edited by Maghull70

Didnt think we played to good tonight, We kept the ball second half which was good but I think basicly being through was on the players minds a bit.

Mcfadden really needs to go now, he would fetch a decent amount of money for what he is, a very in consistent striker who gives the ball away far to much.

Lescott Was outstanding tonight, apart from one time he went foward and lost it, he made there number 10 I think its Arshavin look average which he's far from.

Everyone else i thought were below average except Howard he done well.

A few people have said Jags played poor, I thought he done alright with Lescott in the middle.

Johnson still isnt on top form but he done alright and put the effort in when needed.

Moyes subs dont alf get on my nerves he always lets it go to about 20 mins left before making his first sub which I thought needed to be made at half time taking McFadden off.

Glad were through but we made hard work of it.

Gutted was going to put 1-0 on aswell.

Was that supposed to be an apology.?? this is what posters read into your letters, I have put in brackets what you really mean. take a good look at yourself and change your "I'm better than everybody else" attitude. Grow up a bit and go and see somebody about that dreadfull insecurity Problem you seem to suffer from.

QUOTE(carlmc25 @ Dec 5 2007, 3:25 PM)

maybe it's just because I'm having a bad day! I've just been told by my builder I owe him £3500, approx £2000 more than I expected!!! ( I HAVE TO MAKE SOME EXCUSE FOR BEING A TWAT )

Maybe I over-reacted, it just really does get on my raving titties sometimes when you get in big discussions, valid points are made and then the people you're having the discussion with don't acknowledge them or ( DONT PAT ME ON THE BACK FOR IT) just stop replying and then it does seem on occasion that certain people just back each other up. I know the way I post can get right on people's nerves,( COS NOBODYS AS GOOD AS ME) I can't help it I just get a little argumentative sometimes but I am usually right!..( I AM RIGHT AS USUAL ) Stevo wasn't spot on! he just wasn't, ( HE WAS TOTALLY WRONG ) I mean - he still could be come kick off tonight, but Licker jumped the gun a bit and maybe (SHOULDNT HAVE PATTED HIM ON THE BACK AND IGNORED ME) I just got a little paranoid and saw it as another back slapping clique moment.

Anyway, once again I'm a little sorry for the petty manner in which I wrote things, but what I said was actually right ( AS ALWAYS ) apart from possibly the clique thing, but I'm still a little dubious. ( BUT YOU KNOW I'M STILL RIGHT )

at least it passed an hour of work

I have to say that post surprised me, I didn't realise you were a mind reader, you can add that to your other talent - talking crap.

and Stevo, if you actually read my posts you may actually notice that I said I had no problem with your post as you were only expressing an opinion, I never had a go at you ever but ONCE AGAIN the buddy brigade came to the rescue and jumped to Lickers side.

Anyway, tbh I don't really care what you have to say Licker. You made one of the most ridiculous predictions of Everton team selections in the history of football with your claim that Vaughan would play the other week and still you couldn't even be man enough to admit it. I wasn't actually apologising to you earlier, just trying to move on, take some responsibility and be a little lighthearted - but you're just so annoyed that I pointed out the flaws in your post (again) that you couldn't let it go. I personally think it's pathetic for anyone on a forum to use vitriolic swear words against another person that they've never even met, I've never ever gotten personal and called people names and never would. It's funny how I'm so insecure yet you're the one resorting to petty insults aimed at someone half your age, yet you tell me to grow up. The irony.

Anyway, that's it. I'm sure no one will be that sad to see me depart this forum, but i'll try and find another where established members don't see post count as a substitute for IQ, never ever admit when they're wrong and never even bother to read posts properly. Yet somehow I'm totally to blame for pointing it out.

and for the record I agree with Maghull, AJ does have all the flaws he outlined - good post.