IGNORED

Bent Bloody Scores On His Debut!

FairWooney

think you are wrong -- he scored because he's a decent player -- he didn't perform for us this season because moyes persisted with bt & because there weren't many chances being created for our strikers anyway.

if he isn't kept out of the charlton 1st team by other mediocre strikers just because they cost his club 10 times as much as him he won't feel a NEED to move on!!!

I've said before I think he'll end up with more than beattie this season...

think you are wrong -- he scored because he's a decent player -- he didn't perform for us this season because moyes persisted with bt & because there weren't many chances being created for our strikers anyway.

if he isn't kept out of the charlton 1st team by other mediocre strikers just because they cost his club 10 times as much as him he won't feel a NEED to move on!!!

I've said before I think he'll end up with more than beattie this season...

Absolute...straight to the point....but more goals than BT this season? i doubt.but would have agreed if it was the begining of the season

Edited by xsaint

Give him a break! he ran a whole season as a single striker working his socks off! I don't know about you guys but i appreciate his contibution rather than 6Million fat ass who was either injured,suspended or not botherd to chase down opponent like how bent did for us!.... for the price we paid, Bent delievered more than his worth,as for Mr BT of 6Million, i am awaiting to see his worth.... :)

Bent is a 1 goal in 5 chance striker, beatties ratio is far better IMO - the only difference is that Beattie is better in the air, lacks bents pace but beattie will work his socks off - bent will work his socks off when he feels like it. £2.5m is great business for Bent.

Give him a break! he ran a whole season as a single striker working his socks off! I don't know about you guys but i appreciate his contibution rather than 6Million fat ass who was either injured,suspended or not botherd to chase down opponent like how bent did for us!.... for the price we paid, Bent delievered more than his worth,as for Mr BT of 6Million, i am awaiting to see his worth.... :)

Did you not see him in his last couple of games especially against Arsenal chased everything down, scored a goal that he had no right to win that ball against 2 very strong and fast centre halves. Given he could have scored another but I think he is starting to come good, as he is settled into this club and he is having a run of games.

I wish Bent well at his new club, I have Darren Bent in my dream team and when i heard that Bent had scored I was made up until I realised it was the wrong one!.

As for bent getting more than Beattie I doubt it beattie has a 5? goal head start.

I fully appreciate what he's done for us.

However I didn't appreciate his lack of interest when he wasn't in favour. He did a great service for us when we needed a striker and had no money to get someone decent. He exceded our expectations and while he is very much a 1 in 5 (if that) striker he worked his socks off for that 1 season.

I feel a little sorry for him in that come January we bought Beattie and Bent began to lose his place but i'm sure he always knew that he wouldn't be top dog for long and that given our form at the time and influx of cash we were likely to buy a better quality striker.

i'd rather have darren from charlton anyday though!

goldfish memories indeed!!!

Lets settle this marcus bent worked hard for us for one season!

As for the other atributes required to be a premiership footballer:

Pace - Fast as fuck but has never been able to run with the ball, always muscled off the ball by even the smallest of defenders.

Control - One of the worst controlers of a football i have ever seen he relyed totaly on flicks and luck. He recieved plenty of service but let the ball bounce off the outside of his boot in a vain attempt to be Henry. As for his "turn" you all know the one where he flicks the ball with the outside of his foot and runs aroud in a circle. Well i learned that one the minute i could kick a ball and every defender was onto it by the first year in the school team!

Atacking play - Piss poor positioning he was only in the right place at the right time once in his whole Everton career i cant remember who it was against but it was away and he scored with a tap in (Charlton maybe?). As for his vision and crossing did he ever set up a goal or even lay it to a blue shirt in the danger area? I think not correct me if i'm wrong!

Defensive play - He did use his pace to get back and pit in a decent strikers performance for free kicks and corners

Workrate - He ran all day for the first year but i honestly believe that was to cover up for his lack of ability so he didnt get found out! the minute a new striker arrived there was no point in running anymore because he had been found out already. This season he has looked disinterested from the off and the games in December he was an absolute disgrace. He only picked up his game a touch when he realised we were onto him and he didnt want to become another name on the Everton faithful's hit list.

My assesment is that Marcus Bent is a poor excuse for a premiership footballer and the only reason he lasted so long was that he put in enough effort to mask it from the everyday supporter. People who know football a little better could see straight through him from that first stupid flick, predictable turn & spurned goal opportunity!

Bent is good when he is up for it - but I would say loses interest easily. May be an indication of why he has had so many club -

Enthusiastic at the beginning - but gets complacent once settled at a place - Will probabley do well at Charlton bettween now and May - lose the initial buzz of a fresh start and be a ordinary player come next season, when he is no longer the new face.

We got very good value out of him - but can't see that he would as influencial as last season ever again.

If it meant keeping him in the starting line up to get last season form - Well I don't think he did well enough that we shouldn't be looking to have a better starter up front. He was good value.

Good return selling for £2.5M - can't see him ever being worth more.

I do agree he seemed lack of intrest lately....then again what i felt was, he did a good job for the price we paid for him and we need more from BT for the price we paid for BT...thats all!.....in all lets wish Mr bent the best in his career.. :)

there was a lack of interest because he wasnt playing and was disappointed.

also he sensed that he was on the way out.

Marcus Bent always starts well at a new club, then tails off when he begins to feel 'comfortable'. It is at this stage he begins to act like he is indespensible, becomes very arrognant, and his performances nose dive. (speaking from personal experience)

For a striker, your finishing has to be your best asset, sadly for Marcus, his isn't

Good luck, but not a consistent enough performer to ever worry premiership defences week in - week out