IGNORED

Everton V Chelsea

Chelsea fan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there was a chance Lampard could be back? He had a late fitness test before their last game which suggests that he was close then

That's my understanding also.

Joe Cole (having lost two semis at Anfield) reckons we're not the same proposition as Liverpool. Too fucking right we're not Joe!! Shove it down his throat lads.....I'd love to be there, the crowd can pull us through. Even Lawrenson thinks we can do it..

Because if Everton don’t concede early on they can wait until the last 10 minutes to score and get the 1-0 lead they need to force extra time.

And that could be the best bet of getting to a first cup final for 13 years. Because whatever advantage his side have, David Moyes has the squad to be able to adapt to it and create the game that suits them.

That’s how much progress they have made. They are now in a position where they can change things around, adjust formations to react to a situation.

And there will be plenty of situations tomorrow. They could even find themselves playing three different games in 120 minutes.

But I can see it being very, very cagey and nervy – both on and off the pitch.

And if that’s the case then I can also see Wembley being decorated in the Mersey shade of blue come next month’s final.

Chance for the boys to become legends...I'm nervous already...but we can do it!!

just hope we dont use the same tactics we have in the last three games.....very defensive and one man up.

winning tactics you mean? the last time we played 442 we got beat, by Chelsea. As it happens, I'd consider a 442 tomorrow as I can't see AJ causing their defenders too many problems on his own. I'd still prefer to go 451 and bring in Fernandez.

winning tactics you mean? the last time we played 442 we got beat, by Chelsea. As it happens, I'd consider a 442 tomorrow as I can't see AJ causing their defenders too many problems on his own. I'd still prefer to go 451 and bring in Fernandez.

Thats what id do,

Fernandes better not be played as a winger if he starts.

Well Done Spurs, but moving forward to tomorrow.

What a night for Everton Football Club. What an opportunity. A really big performance needed to get through but plenty of big hearts in this team.

Like some of you reading this thread, I was there on Bayern night. For those of you going tomorrow, enjoy it and get behind them for the whole of it.

Lets not forget that outrageous article posted on the Chelsea official site after the 1st leg.

MAKE THE OLD PLACE ROCK.

Not willing to make a prediction, but make us burst with pride Everton.

Caged tigers Blues, Caged tigers.

...so we get through this and all we gotta do is beat spurs!!! don't often get that kind of chance in a cup final nowadays....

having said that all we had to do was beat oldham to get a home tie vs huddersfield :(

problem for tomorrow is I can't see us keeping a clean sheet against them (someone will gift them a goal at some point) nor scoring more than 1 goal....

I reckon 1-1 and us being left to rue not being able to at least hold the 10 men to a draw

Think its a night for calm heads tomorrow, Think there may be another Red card so lets make sure its not one for us.

I think we can get a 1-0 if we play somewhere near our normal game, and i'm convinced he will go 4-5-1 so as not to give an early goal away.

Well Moyes got the tactics well and truly wrong.

You do not play 451 and hoof the ball, especially when the 1 upfront is AJ. Then again, you would think after 15mins of the ball constantly coming back at us from those long balls that our defence would stop doing it. Did they? Did they like fuck. Cahill was fucking garbage and provided absolutely no support whatsoever for AJ. He looked completely fucked, as did Osman but that can be put down to him having been injured. Carsley looked totally off the pace again and needs dropping for good. Spuddy looked good at times but for the love of god he needs to realise hes not Cristiano Ronaldo and just put the bastard ball in the box. Manny looked very composed first half but faded badly in the second half. Nuno Valente you surely have never been an international? Maybe Arteta should should stick a sign on his arse saying OVER LAP, because Valente doesnt know how to do it. He just stood behind Arteta the whole time, forcing us to go backwards at almost every 'attack'.

Apart from Jags, Joley and AJ nobody really showed any real effort. Those three alone deserved to get into the final, but not the rest.

We were not unlucky and deserved everything we got.

Capello must have been impressed with Lescott :)

Very much so.

Apart from the sad fact that we never really threatened once we went behind I thought we did well up until then. Apart from the Lescott/TC chance there were a fair few others and if AJ had taken the right option and played the ball back to Ossie on one occasion in the first half instead of shooting Ossie had a clear run on goal. Another example for me of Ossies brain working at a higher level (football wise) than some of those around him. Capello won't have missed it.

Cech had a great game. If he'd have done the decent thing and been with his wife while she gave birth we may have done it.

ok you guys are critising all the other players but johnson. omg johnson is so fuck*ing shit wat has he done for us run who cant run. we miss yakubu johnson is not to be considered a important player to me. he was awfull against chelsea he cant hold up the ball cant shoot bad control. moyes has limited cahill in the past two games .