IGNORED

Remember The Name....

Louis

that was a few days after we got cable for the first time so we were at home sampling the delights of soccer saturday for the first time. Remember thinking it on the day though, arsenal unbeaten, rooney yet to score. sometimes things are just inevitable

Seems like yesterday, well almost!

Interesting to see what kinda reception he gets on Saturday, obviously not a good one but time is a great healer right??

The little shit is bound to score against us with the form he's in :(

And you can guarentee he'll kiss the badge again. Little twit. No morals what so ever. When he did that last time it made my blood boil. He could still be seen as a cult hero hear if he had handeled his exit, and his playing returns, with even the smallest bit of decorum.

Its not the fact that he left that annoys me, we where never going to be able to hold onto him for that long, its the manner in which he left that annoys me. Even worse has been his attitude when he has returned to Goodison. Keepy-uppys infront of the everton fans, kissing the Man U badge, all un-necessary.

I would forgive him for leaving, for him to fulfill his full potential he had to move to one of the bigger clubs. But I will never forgive his attitude and demeanor in the situation

Given that it'll be his first visit back to Goodison since he (or his publishers) had to pay Moyes compensation maybe his attitude will be a little different. His feelings about the club may have been coloured by swallowing the shit that Stretford fed him around the time of the transfer, but now he knows the truth is it too much to ask for a little humility and respect for the side that he supposedly loved and who played a huge part in making him what he is today?

It's an opportunity for him to repair some of the damage and he'd go up greatly in my estimation if he took it....but sadly I can't see it happening.

Given that it'll be his first visit back to Goodison since he (or his publishers) had to pay Moyes compensation maybe his attitude will be a little different. His feelings about the club may have been coloured by swallowing the shit that Stretford fed him around the time of the transfer, but now he knows the truth is it too much to ask for a little humility and respect for the side that he supposedly loved and who played a huge part in making him what he is today?

It's an opportunity for him to repair some of the damage and he'd go up greatly in my estimation if he took it....but sadly I can't see it happening.

It's not too much to ask for a little humility!........but why should he.He's had poison spat at him from the day he left.Like Carrigher it seems, massive Evertonians, even when at luckypool Carrigher was mad for Everton!.......It's been the fans that have destroyed that love for their boyhood club.

Rooney moving was good for him(look what he's won), and at the same time we certainly improved.

It was almost certain he would have to leave, end of story.

He was a Blue and deep down he probably will always have feelings for this club.Any hate or bad feeling towards us have been created by the same kind of fans that left Carrigher wanting to beat us more than any other club.

Rooney gave us world wide attention and over £25million, it laid the foundation for a good few years at Everton.When he returned for the first time, he probably felt the most hated person on the planet.

If I'd been him, I'd be aiming to hammer a few goals down the throats of those twats!

Where as 40,000 Evertonians singing his name could have left him (A) Not wanting to really score against us and (B) never doubting his true feelings for this club.

Rooney could well end up a mega Millionaire.Would have been nice at the end of his playing career, if he gave Everton something back.They are his roots, it could have happened......probably wont now.

Those of you that want to call him names on Saturday!.....don't feel your speaking for all Evertonians.

Time to move on boys. Yes it hurts but you can't argue it hasn't been a good move for him.

Much more money than he'd earn here, Champions League etc etc.

Good luck to the kid, he's still young and no one can deny his abilities.

Life's too short.

Yeah, build a bridge and get over it!

Put yourself in his shoes at that age. The best team in Europe and the biggest club in the world comes along, tells you how great you are and then offers to pay you twice as much as you are currently getting and gets you into the Champions League too!

What would you say? If anyone says "No I wouldn't do it", then you'd be a liar or a fool. And don't give me that crap about loyalty. Lets be honest here, the only people who think he shouldn't have done it are the ones who wish it was them!

What would you say? If anyone says "No I wouldn't do it", then you'd be a liar or a fool. And don't give me that crap about loyalty. Lets be honest here, the only people who think he shouldn't have done it are the ones who wish it was them!

You cant possibly say that, just because it's what you'd have done you're assuming that everyone else operates on the same motivation as you (and Rooney) do.

Matt le Tissier (for example) could have made hugely more money than he did and played in Europe but he chose to stay loyal to Southampton.

Its not the fact that he left that annoys me, we where never going to be able to hold onto him for that long, its the manner in which he left that annoys me. Even worse has been his attitude when he has returned to Goodison. Keepy-uppys infront of the everton fans, kissing the Man U badge, all un-necessary.

I would forgive him for leaving, for him to fulfill his full potential he had to move to one of the bigger clubs. But I will never forgive his attitude and demeanor in the situation

That's how I feel. He's a fantastic talent and everyone knows that. But the manner in which he left was just stupid. He acted like a complete child when he left. Prat. I was glad he was given a hard time today from the Goodison fans, the first of many. He's never going to be welcome at Goodison. Even when we get our takeover. Go buy Kaka. Go buy Messi, but stay away from that fat little muppet.

Nice little piece from the Mail...

...they neutralised their most famous old boy, Wayne Rooney, who has been at the heart of all things good for club and country of late.

Here he was subdued and eventually withdrawn in semi-disgrace to howls of derision shortly after provoking his former fans by kissing the badge of his current club.

It was a sorry end to his afternoon and an ugly sore on what had threatened to be an exhibition of the brightest and best of Manchester United.

Ferguson spinning like crap saying the crowd got Rooney booked and they'd have got him sent off so that was why he subbed him....what a prick.

Surely a disrepute charge for that, doubting the ref's integrity!?

(Loved the "You fat bastard" chant as he came off, came through loud and clear on the radio!)

You cant possibly say that, just because it's what you'd have done you're assuming that everyone else operates on the same motivation as you (and Rooney) do.

Matt le Tissier (for example) could have made hugely more money than he did and played in Europe but he chose to stay loyal to Southampton.

I agree with Mike and would also point out that it wasn't the fact that he left that angered everton fans, it was the way he went about it and his actions since i.e slagging Moyes off in his book, taunting Everton fans, kissing the manc badge (as much as i hate him, can you imagine Gerrard doing that if he ever leaves the other lot?).

He can have all of the success and money in the world but he'll never buy class.

Edited by sheedysheedysheedy

I agree with Mike and would also point out that it wasn't the fact that he left that angered everton fans, it was the way he went about it and his actions since i.e slagging Moyes off in his book, taunting Everton fans, kissing the manc badge (as much as i hate him, can you imagine Gerrard doing that if he ever leaves the other lot?).

He can have all of the success and money in the world but he'll never buy class.

I agree Sheedy class and integrity are a massive part what makes a player in my book look at how greatfull Cahill has been to Moyes and Everton for giving him the opportunity. We paved the way for Rooney to become the player he is today and not one ounce of gratitude towards Our Club or Fans.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I had forgiven him aswell, the move in the end was the best for all parties, him in order to develop his career and play on the largest stage in world and for us to give us some financial stability they helped us push on achieve what we have done to date. I brings back the hurt when you see what he done aka slagging and blaming Moyes, kissing the badge..... there is no need for that, somethings money cant buy.. As Mike mentioned not all players are money montivated look at Le Tisser or Shearer for instance they both could have signed for Utd at stages in their career, but they opted to stay or play for their boyhood team.