IGNORED

Kevin Gameiro and Wissam Ben Yedder.

What a crock of shit.

Yes we need to bring a striker in. However, we play with one striker upfront so any striker/s we bring in will be back up players who won't cost too much - more than likely someone on loan - we're not going to spend big money (for this club) on players to sit on the bench.

We play one striker up top largely because we don't have much of a choice. Do you really want Vellios playing a full 90 consistently?

It works for us as well, the type of players we have (ball playing midfielders), it works. Have 2 up top does means a reliance on longer passes and knockdowns.

Gameiro is tiny but he's a real poacher, cracking player like. A goal scorer if there is one. He'd cost a fair penny to acquire and for reasons like Mark's, it won't happen. Similar to Defoe in style...

Pretty much with Mike on this one...

Both decent players but for the money they each would cost and the system Moyes favours just makes the story nonsense from the word go for Me.

I have a fair bit of faith in Vellios and would rather the lad get His shot then spend money on others.

Normally, I'd agree with you. I like Vellios and think if given the opportunity and proper development, he could become a solid striker in England (Maybe in the PL, maybe with us), but frankly, we are chasing a Champions League dream, and should at least want a Europa League spot, so we need the best possible players that give us the best possibility of attaining a European spot.

I fully agree mate but the trouble is simple...funds

We simply won't have the funds for such players coupled with the fact they are both strikers makes the story an obvious bit of lazy journalism for Me.

In My opinion the club will more then likely see if Moyes and our thread bare squad can finish within a Europa spot or CL and then may hand Moyes a bigger kitty but don't forget We have been in that position before and never got a war chest so to speak.

We obviously need more players and these two would improve us from the word go but money makes the world spin and sadly we have very little unless we sell.

A loan or a couple of loans are much more likely...

I fully agree mate but the trouble is simple...funds

We simply won't have the funds for such players coupled with the fact they are both strikers makes the story an obvious bit of lazy journalism for Me.

In My opinion the club will more then likely see if Moyes and our thread bare squad can finish within a Europa spot or CL and then may hand Moyes a bigger kitty but don't forget We have been in that position before and never got a war chest so to speak.

We obviously need more players and these two would improve us from the word go but money makes the world spin and sadly we have very little unless we sell.

A loan or a couple of loans are much more likely...

I understand where you are coming from. I hope we can at least do something in the loan market to bolster our squad in January, but the loan market doesn't provide many options.

Elstone did say in that interview that they did have funds available because of the failure in bringing the other belgian guy in. I know that it was origonally on loan, but it was with a view to a permanent move for 6m wasnt it?

Then if we could sell Heits for 7m ( will shock the shit out of me if someone pays that ) then who knows.

Damn i actually feel a bit of Optimism after the last transer window haha! Knowing Everton that will be knocked out of me shortly :)

Elstone did say in that interview that they did have funds available because of the failure in bringing the other belgian guy in. I know that it was origonally on loan, but it was with a view to a permanent move for 6m wasnt it?

Then if we could sell Heits for 7m ( will shock the shit out of me if someone pays that ) then who knows.

Damn i actually feel a bit of Optimism after the last transer window haha! Knowing Everton that will be knocked out of me shortly smile.png

The stated fee for Vadis Oiajslkdgjalkdfja-Ofoe was a loan with a view to a 6m permanent move. I doubt we'll get 7m for Heitinga, but if we'd did, we'd need to replace him or find another Centerback for depth purposes (Vegard Forren?), unless we bring in Lescott on loan, which would delay the need for another Centerback for 6 months. Moyes is excellent in transfer windows, and if there are any funds available, I'm sure he'll be able to use them for the best.

Gameiro is a really good striker. His problem is the pressure. With Lorient he was the best french striker, but with Paris he is a substitute.

Ben Yedder comes from the futsal. He is fast, have a godd technic, but it's his first season with professionnal. He don't have a good conduct, he is suspended from France national team until december 2013.

Gameiro is a really good striker. His problem is the pressure. With Lorient he was the best french striker, but with Paris he is a substitute.

Ben Yedder comes from the futsal. He is fast, have a godd technic, but it's his first season with professionnal. He don't have a good conduct, he is suspended from France national team until december 2013.

Half of all french players are suspended from the national team. Its not as if there is a great spririt in the national squad. Fighting with management, national strikes. Players refusing to play etc etc

Half of all french players are suspended from the national team. Its not as if there is a great spririt in the national squad. Fighting with management, national strikes. Players refusing to play etc etc

Yes, we have a lot of suspended, it's for the Guinness Book.

Ben Yedder went to a nightclub in Paris, while the U-21 team was in Rouen. After that, team lose againt Norway et was eliminated. So he is suspended, like Antoine Griezmann, Yann M'Vila, M'Baye Niang and Chris Mavinga.

Seriously, if Moyes want a French striker, he must take Gameiro. And if he want help in France, I'm his man tongue.png

• 3 weeks later...

Some Guy on twitter is reporting we're very interested in Ben Yedder

@PremLeagueAgent: #EFC supporters may wish to read up on Wissam Ben Yedder. That's from 'ze horzes mouth', well Meïssa N'diaye anyway

He then goes on to say later that we made an enquiry in the last 48 hours

Wouldn't deem his as reliable but some of what he says doesnt seem to look completely fabricated and utter made up nonsense anyway just conveying what I've seen

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...