IGNORED

Barkley or Sterling?

Lets wait for anoth shall we say 10 gamesbefore we jump on it eh.

Love the way you're so predictable Haf. Always blinkered to your own ideals. You're exactly the same with mcgeady.

Lets see at the end of the season which player has contributed more to their respective teams in terms of goals and assists.

Barkley has just done tonight what he does probably 3 times a season. Not one assist all last season either but he's still young yet older than Sterling.

I'll leave it at that for now but guarantee you wont bump or comment on this at the end of the season when Sterling pisses all over Varkleys goals scored and assists for a second season running.

Love the way you're so predictable Haf. Always blinkered to your own ideals. You're exactly the same with mcgeady.

Lets see at the end of the season which player has contributed more to their respective teams in terms of goals and assists.

Barkley has just done tonight what he does probably 3 times a season. Not one assist all last season either but he's still young yet older than Sterling.

I'll leave it at that for now but guarantee you wont bump or comment on this at the end of the season when Sterling pisses all over Varkleys goals scored and assists for a second season running.

I believe you're contradicting yourself there Pad, suggesting Haf waits another ten games to voice his opinion but then voicing yours.

Not taking sides (Ross is a monster). Just saying.

We will see. Sterling is potentially another Ashley young, Aaron Lennon, Shaun Wright Phillips, all very impressive with pace and stuff to start with who get found out.

Barkley showed tonight ridiculous levels that these players can only dream of.

Mcgeady? hes a low risk, low cost player who will get better, no issues there. Like Kone, Everton fans look for a viable boo boy, we can't have a £28m lazy, heavy footed oaf as one of them, fans are still in denial there.

I can start a lukaku or Harry Kane/Danny Welbec thread maybe.

We will see. Sterling is potentially another Ashley young, Aaron Lennon, Shaun Wright Phillips, all very impressive with pace and stuff to start with who get found out.

Mcgeady? hes a low risk, low cost player who will get better, no issues there. Like Kone, Everton fans look for a viable boo boy, we can't have a £28m lazy, heavy footed oaf as one of them, fans are still in denial there.

But you don't know for certain that McGeady will get better. He's been terrible for us. He should be up to speed by now after coming in so fit during preseason. I think we've seen the best of him.

It seems you rate McGeady over Lukaku which is a complete farce, price tag or not. Maybe financially he's a lower risk, but on the field he's a greater liability. His price was low for a reason.

I believe you're contradicting yourself there Pad, suggesting Haf waits another ten games to voice his opinion but then voicing yours.

Not taking sides (Ross is a monster). Just saying.

Ehh??? I never said for a single second he couldn't voice an opinion, I was implying Barkley wont have a game like that sgain for another ten or so games. Nothing to do with him voicing an opinion.

I got as far as the first paragraph and honestly read no more. Sterling a Sean Wright Phillips?

Just WOW :lol:

But you don't know for certain that McGeady will get better. He's been terrible for us. He should be up to speed by now after coming in so fit during preseason. I think we've seen the best of him.

It seems you rate McGeady over Lukaku which is a complete farce, price tag or not. Maybe financially he's a lower risk, but on the field he's a greater liability. His price was low for a reason.

No one seems to pick up how often mirallas over does it and loses the ball. Mcgeady is a squad player the way osman is, and yeah a couple of million is nothing. At times he has moments where he beats a man and sets up a goal, as a winger that's his job. He is getting that little quicker all the time.

There's no comparison between Lukaku and Mcgeady. Let's compare lukaku to naismith, eto and kone. Al cost a fraction of Rom but have far more football abikityband contribute more to the play.

I got as far as the first paragraph and honestly read no more. Sterling a Sean Wright Phillips?

Just WOW :lol:

Yeah a pretty good comparison indeed, his performances from 19 onwards earned him a £21m move to Chelsea and the rest is errrm history.

These young little whippets look great till they get found out.

No one seems to pick up how often mirallas over does it and loses the ball. Mcgeady is a squad player the way osman is, and yeah a couple of million is nothing. At times he has moments where he beats a man and sets up a goal, as a winger that's his job. He is getting that little quicker all the time.

There's no comparison between Lukaku and Mcgeady. Let's compare lukaku to naismith, eto and kone. Al cost a fraction of Rom but have far more football abikityband contribute more to the play.

Mirallas is a constant threat. The reason you keep trying to prop McGeady up is because you've made a statement and don't want to admit you're most likely wrong.

Yeah a pretty good comparison indeed, his performances from 19 onwards earned him a £21m move to Chelsea and the rest is errrm history.

So Wright Phillips wasn't a top player? He's in his 30's mate. He's had a good career.

very good comparison actually, though I think Sterling will make an impact on the league for a bit longer

I would throw McGeady into this group, but it seems he's already been found out before he started.

Pacey, some step overs, hardly any end product.

I would throw McGeady into this group, but it seems he's already been found out before he started.

Pacey, some step overs, hardly any end product.

Hmm interesting how perception differs from reality.

McGeady has 11 chances created in 11 games, 84% pass accuracy

Mirallas has 10 chances created in 11 games - 87% pass accuracy

One is highly rated for end product. one is highly criticised.

If McGeady was a £20m+ touted player then by all means, bring him in to the mix.

If McGeady was a £20m+ touted player then by all means, bring him in to the mix.

Across Europa and PL, our two most important competitions obviously, Mirallas has 6 goals in 13 whereas McGeady has 1 goal in 16.

That's the reality. Mirallas didn't cost £20m either. I don't get your obsession with the price tags. Either a player is playing well or not.

Across Europa and PL, our two most important competitions obviously, Mirallas has 6 goals in 13 whereas McGeady has 1 goal in 16.

That's the reality. Mirallas didn't cost £20m either. I don't get your obsession with the price tags. Either a player is playing well or not.

McGeady is a creative winger - you said he has no end product. For the purpose of illustrtation "chance creation" is end product - unless you want him to have shots from the by line or from 30 yards which is where he makes his plays from?

The point being that if you want to normalise the data then you would take Mirallas free kicks out the stats for starters - so lets for the sake of the point stick with chances created in the PL - as it stands they are similar.

I'm not saying that he is as good as mirallas - because he isn't. He just isn't as bad as what some of you are making him out to be. As I have said before- he is going to get better - that I am certain of.

I'll remind you of price tag relevance when its the January window and we have no money.

I'll remind you of price tag relevance when its the January window and we have no money.

But you compared Mirallas to McGeady. Both came from the "bargain bin," and one is better than the other. Lukaku's price tag is not even the issue here. My point about McGeady is that you rate him so highly, but he's in the same class as a Lennon or Wright-Phillips... except they have had better careers.

P.S. I consider goals as end-products. That's why I brought up that statistic.

But you compared Mirallas to McGeady. Both came from the "bargain bin," and one is better than the other. Lukaku's price tag is not even the issue here. My point about McGeady is that you rate him so highly, but he's in the same class as a Lennon or Wright-Phillips... except they have had better careers.

P.S. I consider goals as end-products. That's why I brought up that statistic.

The thread is about sterling and barkley - as being potential superstars. Wright Phillips, Ashley Young and Lennon were brought in as a comparison too to give similarities to Sterling.

Not sure why you bought McGeady in but for the sake of him getting another bashing I thought it would be relevant to put this "no end product" into persepctive. Again I will say it.... give him the full season, its his first in the prem.... Mirallas in his first year barely completed 90 minutes.

Oh FFS!

I agree with you Paddock about not jumping to conclusions after one game but the two players we are talking about bring more to the table than goals and assists. Barkley's vision and passing last night could and should have led to more chances than it did. I think the stats show 2 chances created but in reality it was or should have been much closer to half a dozen.

To kind of ram home your point about Sterling though I have found a few stats, which like I said dont show the whole story, but do kind of open your eyes.

Barkley 2013/4 - 34 Games - 25 Chances created - 6 goals = 0.91

Barkley 2014/5 - 9 Games - 14 Chances created - 1 goal = 1.67

Sterling 2013/4 - 33 Games - 51 Chances created - 9 goals = 1.82

Sterling 2014/5 - 16 Games - 40 Chances created - 3 goals = 2.69

Completely different players but both have potential to go to the top. More so Barkley for me.

I never said they were the same player I was juat asking which one you would have.

The comparison is Liverppol and Everton both 20 and 21 both billed as the next big thing both linked with big money moves. Both attacking midfielders of a sort.

If one was a centre half and the other a striker then yes but similar in a lot of ways.

I agree with you Paddock about not jumping to conclusions after one game but the two players we are talking about bring more to the table than goals and assists. Barkley's vision and passing last night could and should have led to more chances than it did. I think the stats show 2 chances created but in reality it was or should have been much closer to half a dozen.

To kind of ram home your point about Sterling though I have found a few stats, which like I said dont show the whole story, but do kind of open your eyes.

Barkley 2013/4 - 34 Games - 25 Chances created - 6 goals = 0.91

Barkley 2014/5 - 9 Games - 14 Chances created - 1 goal = 1.67

Sterling 2013/4 - 33 Games - 51 Chances created - 9 goals = 1.82

Sterling 2014/5 - 16 Games - 40 Chances created - 3 goals = 2.69

So far he has contributed a lot more to his team than Barkley and is much more consistant and less injury prone.

I also think he'll be twice as good as Sean Wright Phillips when he matures properly. Time will tell on this onviously but I think he's got that little something extra which will stand him out above other similar type players.

So far he has contributed a lot more to his team than Barkley and is much more consistant and less injury prone.

I also think he'll be twice as good as Sean Wright Phillips when he matures properly. Time will tell on this onviously but I think he's got that little something extra which will stand him out above other similar type players.

Everyone thought that Sean Wright Phillips was going to be twice as good as he became when he matured; but he went nowhere; in fact he became worse if anything. Not saying the same will happen with Sterling, but it does happen.

Everyone thought that Sean Wright Phillips was going to be twice as good as he became when he matured; but he went nowhere; in fact he became worse if anything. Not saying the same will happen with Sterling, but it does happen.

This would have more substance if his name was spelt correctly.

Of course it happens, it happens all the time, it could just as easily happen to Barkley as well.

I'm hoping it happens to Sterling and not Barkley for obvious reasons but in my humble opinion. (And that's alls it is) I think Sterling is destined for great things. Ross I'm not so sure.

Doesn't make it right or wrong Mike and I'm genuinally interested in peoples thoughts hence the thread.

Barkley will be an all round better player in the end. Just his size, strength and ability on the ball will tell.

Sterling did benefit a lot from Liverpool last season and the way they played. This season he his doing ok in a pretty poor set up.

At the moment, if all we are looking at is goals and assists, then sterling wins it.

But in terms of all round potential, Barkley is well ahead. It's up to Martinez to make the most of his 'special and unique' talent.