IGNORED

Wenger

In some ways it is a sad day, but it is the right decision. I wish him all the best in the future. It is a change that is overdue. There is no way he is retiring, so I'll be curious to see who he will manage in the future.

Top, top man, and he has been an incredible manager for us, even though we have not managed to compete in the league for some time now.

And Stewart Robson needs to be run over by a bus...

8 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

In some ways it is a sad day, but it is the right decision. I wish him all the best in the future. It is a change that is overdue. There is no way he is retiring, so I'll be curious to see who he will manage in the future.

Top, top man, and he has been an incredible manager for us, even though we have not managed to compete in the league for some time now.

And Stewart Robson needs to be run over by a bus...

who do you want to replace him?  would love a dream world scenario and a more realistic scenario options given.

19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

who do you want to replace him?  would love a dream world scenario and a more realistic scenario options given.

None of our former players, that is for sure. There are not any of them that have enough managerial experience to take on this job. In some ways I'd be curious to see what a manager like Sean Dyche could do at Arsenal, but realistically I don't think it would work out too well.

Many are clamouring for a manager that can fix us defensively, however I am not sure someone like Diego Simeone would work. Our squad is poorly set up for such a playstyle.

Realistically it will be someone like Allegri, Jardim or even Favre I guess. I am not keen on Brendan Rodgers. He has done well with Celtic, but the Scottish Premier League is hardly the most competitive arena.

Right now, it is strange to think that someone else will manage us. Arsene has managed us half my life. I hope he can go out on a high with the Europa League. 

It is kinda sad for me, I haven't born in the UK and never been a "born there and will die there" fan for an England team but a huge fan of EPL football since 92's where Turkish televisions started to show some EPL games each week. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, it was our reason for to meet with some of my friends every weekend and mid-week schedules. In regards to managerial roles in EPL, Fergie and Wenger were the last representatives of successful and long-time managers in EPL.

To be honest, I have never liked his tactics and always thought he was lucky enough to have players like Henry and Trezeguet and many more since his Monaco days but still he was there somehow and loved how Arsenal trusted him for many years even when he was struggling. Loyalism is a huge part of my life so that's the reason behind him why I value him this much.

I don't think we'll be able to see such loyal servants for any EPL club anymore. It is the end of an era in a way.

5 hours ago, GoonerJeeves said:

None of our former players, that is for sure. There are not any of them that have enough managerial experience to take on this job. In some ways I'd be curious to see what a manager like Sean Dyche could do at Arsenal, but realistically I don't think it would work out too well.

Many are clamouring for a manager that can fix us defensively, however I am not sure someone like Diego Simeone would work. Our squad is poorly set up for such a playstyle.

Realistically it will be someone like Allegri, Jardim or even Favre I guess. I am not keen on Brendan Rodgers. He has done well with Celtic, but the Scottish Premier League is hardly the most competitive arena.

Right now, it is strange to think that someone else will manage us. Arsene has managed us half my life. I hope he can go out on a high with the Europa League. 

How about Allardyce he knows a lot about defending eleven men behind the ball in their own half is a forte of his, that might help your leaking defence.

I've always rated Wenger and his ability to take average or fairly unknown players and coach them into world-class players, who ever takes the job will have big shoes to fill in the same way as when Ferguson stepped down at Utd, Arsenal could go through a few managers in a short period of time looking for the success of  Wenger's  early years.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

How about Allardyce he knows a lot about defending eleven men behind the ball in their own half is a forte of his, that might help your leaking defence.

I've always rated Wenger and his ability to take average or fairly unknown players and coach them into world-class players, who ever takes the job will have big shoes to fill in the same way as when Ferguson stepped down at Utd, Arsenal could go through a few managers in a short period of time looking for the success of  Wenger's  early years.

Well I am guilty as charged, since I thought Allardyce would have something to offer you. You are safe now, however a club of your size must have other ambitions. For our part it is difficult to see where we go from this. The club is clearly running a smooth media campaign, see the the Gazidis interview today. However, that will not count for much in the long run.....

yeah honestly i would be more worried.  at least at United you knew they would pull out all the stops and get their man regardless of money (which they did with mou and his recruitments).  Kroenke is the cheapest motherfucker out there (i'm an american, he's a legend over here for being a scumbag, see st. louis rams now la rams) and he was ok with Wenger just coasting for years, i could see him shopping in the bargain bin for a replacement and it coming back to bite him in the ass.  he only cares about his bottom line, not the product on the pitch/field.