IGNORED

5-a-side teams - everton

Considering I was born in 1993, the five-a-side team that I pick will be from players that I'm old (or young) enough to remember. You won't find an Alex Young or Brian Labone in here 🙄

Goalkeeper - Tim Howard (329 league games, 1 goal).

An absolute legend in my eyes. Tim joined in 2007 when I was playing as a goalkeeper myself and was a true inspiration growing up. He took Everton into his heart and put in some amazing performances inbetween our sticks, the best memory I have is the penalty shootout against Manchester United where he saved penalties from Rio Ferdinand and Dimitar Berbatov to send us into the FA Cup Final. Now at the Colorado Rapids, Tim would be a great addition to our five-a-side squad and if it was a particularly windy day, perhaps a goal or two could be on the cards? 

Defence/Midfield - Thomas Gravesen (149 league games, 11 goals):

Not a defender in the eleven a side matches but would fill in the gap on the smaller field. An absolute beast in his day was Thomas, a big bloke who would run through walls for Everton and despite only bagging eleven goals was a handy person to have around going forward. I was gutted when he left for Real Madrid and whilst he did have some success there I'm a little bit sore that his career never really went into the elite levels. He was a fantastic player IMO. 

Midfield - Mikel Arteta (162 league games, 27 goals):

A magician on the ball. He's going to be a top coach too after learning from the best, Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. In his prime, Mikel was unplayable at Everton and was a great replacement for the Danish man mentioned above. A brilliant partnership with Tim Cahill is one of my fondest memories of the Moyes era, it's just a shame how his career with us ended and how the relationship went a little sour following his spell with Arsenal. 

Attack - Landon Donovan (17 league games, 2 goals):

An entry from left field - Landon Donovan. In his first loan spell with us he was untouchable. Had he made the move permanent like he wanted then he would be spoken about in the same breath as the Arteta's and the Cahill's. His love for football (or lack of it) put a damp shadow over his time in the USA and I do think that it's a shame he never reached his full potential. Landon gets a place in my five-a-side. 

Attack - Romelu Lukaku (110 league games, 53 goals):

Like him or not now, the best goal machine we've had in the modern era. A monster that's wasted at Manchester United. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

No.

Always the life and soul of the party?

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Considering I was born in 1993, the five-a-side team that I pick will be from players that I'm old (or young) enough to remember. You won't find an Alex Young or Brian Labone in here 🙄

An absolute legend in my eyes. Tim joined in 2007 when I was playing as a goalkeeper myself and was a true inspiration growing up. He took Everton into his heart and put in some amazing performances inbetween our sticks, the best memory I have is the penalty shootout against Manchester United where he saved penalties from Rio Ferdinand and Dimitar Berbatov to send us into the FA Cup Final. Now at the Colorado Rapids, Tim would be a great addition to our five-a-side squad and if it was a particularly windy day, perhaps a goal or two could be on the cards? 

Not a defender in the eleven a side matches but would fill in the gap on the smaller field. An absolute beast in his day was Thomas, a big bloke who would run through walls for Everton and despite only bagging eleven goals was a handy person to have around going forward. I was gutted when he left for Real Madrid and whilst he did have some success there I'm a little bit sore that his career never really went into the elite levels. He was a fantastic player IMO. 

A magician on the ball. He's going to be a top coach too after learning from the best, Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. In his prime, Mikel was unplayable at Everton and was a great replacement for the Danish man mentioned above. A brilliant partnership with Tim Cahill is one of my fondest memories of the Moyes era, it's just a shame how his career with us ended and how the relationship went a little sour following his spell with Arsenal. 

An entry from left field - Landon Donovan. In his first loan spell with us he was untouchable. Had he made the move permanent like he wanted then he would be spoken about in the same breath as the Arteta's and the Cahill's. His love for football (or lack of it) put a damp shadow over his time in the USA and I do think that it's a shame he never reached his full potential. Landon gets a place in my five-a-side. 

Like him or not now, the best goal machine we've had in the modern era. A monster that's wasted at Manchester United. 

Lukaku would be hilarious in five aside. In  a total bad good way 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I absolutely believe Donovan would've been a major success here if he would've been granted a move by MLS, but there was no way he was going to leave once he became the USA's biggest name and face of the league. Gutted for him, because I feel he truly loved Everton.