IGNORED

Fifa Corruption...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/31/3231475.htm?site=sport&section=football

The nerve of some of these officials!

Donno about you guys, but I think the whole bid voting process needs to be redone, with different members on the board.

You might say sour grapes from being an Aussie and us only getting one vote. But all I wanted was a fair vote...and really, at the end of the day, if 2018 and 2022 when to ANY of the other countries that bid, I'd be planning to go to both those events.

Frankly, Russia and Qatar are just horrible choices.

Its the most corrupt governing body in the world. And people thought the IPL was bad ahaha.

Blatter is a complete nob. And there's no doubt that this whole 'family' of representatives is rotten to the core. I'd like the whole lot to be dropped and as someone has mentioned before, only install 'ex-pros' and coaches, who know what football is and understand its values.

I wouldn't be bothered if someone like Trevor Brooking was instated as our rep.

Edited by tenaciousj

Its the most corrupt governing body in the world. And people thought the IPL was bad ahaha.

Blatter is a complete nob. And there's no doubt that this whole 'family' of representatives is rotten to the core. I'd like the whole lot to be dropped and as someone has mentioned before, only install 'ex-pros' and coaches, who know what football is and understand its values.

I wouldn't be bothered if someone like Trevor Brooking was instated as our rep.

How about Duncan? Nobody would argue with a big Scotsman and his right hook.

You bitter Aussie ! ;)

USA fans feel the same as you re: 2022.

Mate, like I said, I'd have been happy if the US won it, cause that'd be a great place to go for the WC! Same goes for Japan or Korea...but why fuck would anyone in their right mind want to go to Qatar for a holiday?

Same for Russia against Spain, England, Belgium or de Nederlands...

personally I was happy to see somewhere that is not England be given 2018. Had it been given to England, FIFA wouldn't be in the British press right now.

That is very true, but I still think the FA have a very valid view. I'm sure there's some massive bitterness on their behalf, but frankly I think it's justified.

I'm sure if soccer was bigger in the US, we'd be hearing alot more about them losing out to Qatar...

It doesn't bother me who won the rights to the WC really. It is the corrupt manner they won it in (allegedly) It should all be about fairness, sportmanship and setting an example. This whole FIFA thing is none of them.

Not fair, no sportmanship involved and if that is an example I am a bank owner.

It makes you wonder how many world events happen as a result of football, doesn't it? or any other sport!?

Israli delegate "Mr Blair, you go to war for us and we'll give you our olympic vote"...

"The country to host the 2012 Olympics is...London!"

Blair "Ok...that was easy, what a great deal that was"

So all 208 associations get a vote on the WC location in future....so that means two things.

1. More people will get rich through bribes.

2. England will never get another World Cup (as sure as we'll never again win the Eurovision song contest).....not that we would have done under the old system anyway :unsure: .

So all 208 associations get a vote on the WC location in future....so that means two things.

1. More people will get rich through bribes.

2. England will never get another World Cup (as sure as we'll never again win the Eurovision song contest).....not that we would have done under the old system anyway :unsure: .

Well on the SSN this morning was Blatter winning by a lanslide. No Shit Sherlock! No one else to vote for so how would there be votes for anyone else?

Where does this leave the FA and SFA? Obvious isn't it? Up the creek without a paddle.

I think the only thing that they can do is form a rival to FIFA, because as sure as bears shit in the woods they are now totally outside the rest of the world in this.

So who would be with us?

FA, SFA Australian FA perhaps, maybe the USAFA. Anyone else?

I feel sick over the whole disgusting episode.

I heard this morning that 17 officials voted against Blatter. Get them on board!

It's all just a disgrace, horrible for the game.

That man claimed he didn't want another term in power but as soon as the elections come up, he whistle blows on the only two candidates running for election. What a complete w*nker!!!! :angry: