IGNORED

Fifa Corruption...

US Ministry of Justice document:

http://www.justice.gov/opa/file/450211/download

I've been wanting to catch up on this all day. I saw the photos this morning of officials being shrouded by duvets by hotel staff. It's like something out of a film. It's just a shame that the investigation only relates to those within the confines of U.S.A.

Absolutely. Why is it that the US had to be the country putting together a case against them? Why no drive to prosecute them in Europe?

Absolutely. Why is it that the US had to be the country putting together a case against them? Why no drive to prosecute them in Europe?

Think it's something to do with the currency $ used in the "alleged" bribes which has given them a right to pursue it further.... Thankfully

What is the feeling here in regards to the 2018 and 2022 World Cups? I thought for sure at least one of our countries (I'm American) would get one of those World Cups. Do you guys think it should be all taken away and revoted upon? I do. Honestly.

I think the Qatar tournament should be revoked and binned but the Russian one should stand it as most of the noises regarding bribes etc coming from various sources only really involve the Qatar bid

Both probably had some form of backhanders going on but the Qatar bid from the beginning was ridiculous and looked far to dubious from the beginning

America would have been a good choice considering the growing popularity of the game over there for 2022 and was probably the most logical out of those who bid for it imo it will be interesting to see the outcome of it all preferably seeing Blatter ousted out of the game!

Shocking that Ten it's obscene that they've been allowed to carry on let alone have any serious sanctions imposed on them, if the corruption fully comes to light then those crooks at Fifa and those involved in Qatar's tinpot bid should be held accountable in some regard.... Cunts

Edited by EFC-Paul

May have something to do with this...

Take a look at @BreatheSport's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BreatheSport/status/603853442818408448?s=09

Traveling around the world, I've seen the blatant disregard for human life on major construction works. No safety equipment. No ropes. Men working day and night. And, of course, it's 100 percent immigrant workers who sign contracts and don't really understand what they are committing themselves to.

I would hope all the major sponsors will pull out. In reality, that's the only way to change the host country.

swiss filed charges today as well, and UEFA said they are backing Prince Ali. Asia is still behind Blatter, let's hope the americas and africa go with Prince Ali.

CAF (Africa) still supports Blatter, if the vote goes ahead he'll almost certainly win it.

CAF (Africa) still supports Blatter, if the vote goes ahead he'll almost certainly win it.

so his major support is asia and africa. is that enough? europe, south america, and concacaf and oceania, but i'm guessing not every single rep will vote for Ali in those.

hope you're wrong mike, this guy needs to go.

so his major support is asia and africa. is that enough? europe, south america, and concacaf and oceania, but i'm guessing not every single rep will vote for Ali in those.

hope you're wrong mike, this guy needs to go.

He's still favourite...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/fifa/to-be-elected-president

....but until recently he was a dead certainty. There's a chink of hope there but not much more.

Blatter will walk it.

He has the majority support of every confederation minus UEFA.

Australia, USA, some Asian countries and 75% of UEFA are to vote for Ali.

If they wanted to, UEFA nations could sign an agreement not to enter the World Cup in 2022 and Blatter would withdraw in an instant. It won't happen though.

May have something to do with this...

Take a look at @BreatheSport's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BreatheSport/status/603853442818408448?s=09

It's not strictly accurate though,it's a comparison of deaths in construction of stadiums for major events to Qatar's workers death in total. Construction has barely begun on the stadiums.

I like the idea of a World Cup in the Middle East but this Qatar business seems rotten.

Blatter will walk it.

He has the majority support of every confederation minus UEFA.

Australia, USA, some Asian countries and 75% of UEFA are to vote for Ali.

If they wanted to, UEFA nations could sign an agreement not to enter the World Cup in 2022 and Blatter would withdraw in an instant. It won't happen though.

where does south america sit with all this? they have the richest history with UEFA, i wonder who they back?

Because ethey too benefit from his crocked ways. Why would they think of the good of the sport if he lines their families pockets?

I get that but I just don't understand how they can "support" him knowing the whole world is watching and knowing what's going on . Especially now the net seems to be closing in.

I get that but I just don't understand how they can "support" him knowing the whole world is watching and knowing what's going on . Especially now the net seems to be closing in.

Maybe because Brazil got the last one by the same corrupt means that the next two have been handed out; and to vote against Blatter would tacitly admit it?

I hope UEFA do pull out, the "World Cup" would then basically be a Brazil v Argentina match every four years. Sponsors would disappear, FIFA forced to rebuild from the bottom up.

Maybe because Brazil got the last one by the same corrupt means that the next two have been handed out; and to vote against Blatter would tacitly admit it?

I hope UEFA do pull out, the "World Cup" would then basically be a Brazil v Argentina match every four years. Sponsors would disappear, FIFA forced to rebuild from the bottom up.

I would be delighted if they did.

Somebody has to take a stand against this.