IGNORED

Blackburn. (away)

Bill

Always planned to come on and comment on the game from a Blackburn point of view but there's not a lot I can say really. You were the better side and should have gone away with 3 points. By the letter of the law Dunn should have walked, it was a penalty on AJ and the offside is a joke. Not that I'm not glad of the point mind you! From behind the goals I thought Santa Cruz's late effort had looped over Howard and gone in but it was not to be.

It's pretty frustrating stuff for us at the moment because this game is very much like most others for the last 2 months. We've been poor and second best but the results keep papering over the cracks. Anyhow good luck for the rest of the season. I think 4th spot is between yourselves, Liverpool and Villa and, like most fans of other clubs, would love it if either you or Villa could do it.

Edited by Hasta

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Hasta, nice of you to say that.

By the way i must congratulate you on your forum its a very busy forum for a little club :D (only Joking.)

But to see your Match Day thread getting 11 pages as opposed to 4 pages on ours speaks volumes for your supporters, well done on that mate, and likewise we wish you all the best for the rest of the season. ;)

is there a compitition between refs to see who can lose everton the most points, redshite always say the bad decisions level themselves out over a season, do they fuck. it'd be nice to see the table if there was less bias i know everton would then certainly be top4.

The only way is to get Refrees to come out and explain their shameful decisions to the live media....thats the only way you can shame them....definitely a refree does not like to come on media and explain himself week in week out. That will only prove his incompetency and makes him look like a fool who is asked to Judge a game....Else we should publicly ban a ref for a game for his poor decisions and make it public.....or finally, use videos to over rule a ref decision!!

We want a fair beautiful game and not a game dictated by some refrees who may have secret affiliations to a club...we want Refrees to be the genuine judes and not some undercover mafia working for a club....shame on them and shame on FA for never admitting their mistakes!

Or how about a League system for the Refrees?? A fair game, they earn 2 points, a 50-50 game 1 point but a pure controversial decision made, then we should minus 2 points of them.Come end of the year, we will know the best and the worst refress....Any refrees on the botton three should be sent down 2 division down for them to learn the basics for refreeing and football rules!!!........

Edited by xsaint

The scarcity of good players in our squad has cost us in the last two games, osman and fernandes dont look fit carsley and cahill are not playing well and if we had good replacements i think we should have had another 4 points out of the last 2 games.

should have had a gap of about 7 points tonight, its thanks to our defence that we are still where we are.

Only 2 points out of two games that we should have won.

Thats a bit harsh.

We were the better team in both matches and SHOULD HAVE deffinately won against BB

Hand ball, clearance off the line, fernandez hit the post, deffo penalty, deffo goal, fernadez should have scored the offer chance

Spurs have shown how good they are over the last few game and after yesterdays performance against Manu,

Lets not beat ourselves up too much, our expectactions have risen,which shows how well were doing

I find some of the comments after the spurs game particulary amusing, saying how shit we were

Im really not sure what people expect. Some Evertonians baffle me

Im really not sure what people expect. Some Evertonians baffle me

Agreed. We've gone from thirteen points in the first ten league games, mid table and squeeking past Kharkiv by the end of October to nine wins, four draws and two losses in the league (form that stacks us up against the very best), four European wins and a Champions League place. Admittedly we had the Oldham debacle and the Carling semi defeat in there but we were unlucky not to beat Spurs (although we kept a clean sheet after they'd put five past Arsenal and before they very nearly beat ManU). We were robbed fucking blind yesterday...just watched it again and I still can't believe it. If no action is taken against the ref there's something wrong!

That's twice we've been cheated, they say it evens up but I can't think of an example where we've been on the receiving end this year.

We still have the momentum, hopefully Yak and Joey will be back next week and once we get Pienaar fit again we'll be flying.

But we wouldn't be Evertonians if we couldn't find something to moan about would we :rolleyes: ?

Edited by MikeO

Still makes no difference to what i think Zed, both Blackburn and Spurs where there to be beaten and we didnt do it.

When you think that we got rid of McFadden for over £5 million, and ended up with Da Silva and Van Der Meyde on the bench for the Spurs game because we didnt have enough players, then ship out Da Silva and Stubbs to bring in Gardner who is injured and could'nt even make the bench, If jags or Lescott had got injured yesterday we Could have ended up losing that game, now how shit is that. Osman is still playing with a broken toe, Fernandes who has only played one game in 3 months (spurs) and is obviously not up to speed yet, giving the ball away too often.

Was Cahill playing yesterday ?, i didnt see him involved in anything that went on, the only thing that seemed to be on his mind was catching the plane to Australia, and he has been poor for the last 3 or 4 games, peeps say he scores some goals, yeah thats fine but if he stops scoring he contributes very little else and i would rather revert to 4-4-2 and play Vaughan up front.

We are in an excellent position and it would be criminal if we throw it away because we didnt bring in one decent player when we had the window of opportunity, we've gone out in the last two games with a patched up team full of pain killing injections, so yes this Evertonian does expect a bit better.

I still maintain it was 4 points lost through lack of forward planning by the Club. ;)

Ok whats this critiseing about cahill he played better than the last 2 games. can you guys just stop critisiing and get on with it. Cahill in my mind playerd good. acually the whole everton played good. Cahill ran and retreived the ball heaps i didnt see osman doing that at least if you want to critise do it right

Edited by saaby

Daylight robbery yesterday. Pen when AJ was clearly fouled not given, goal disallowed for what ?, great missed chances by Manny and Ossie, Hit the post with Keeper beaten !, Dunn's handball - how do you not get a yellow and then red for 2 yellows for that. The ref and his linesman absolutely bottled it !!

Good performance by the Blues in general esp at the back - Ossie and Cahill not at the races again which is worrying. I think giving Vaughan a chance in a 4-4-2 with AJ against Reading with Cahill dropping back in centre mid instead of Ossie who needs a bit more time to get over his injury. Cahill is more dangerous when coming late from midfield than how he is playing now as a striker just behind AJ. He's too easy to pick up in the current position. Manny will get better - he is with every game and the back four esp Jags and Joleon were fantastic again.

Robbed of 2 extra points but very encouraging - we made a good side look very poor

Jason

Saaby..."Cahill ran and retreived the ball heaps i didnt see osman doing that at least if you want to critise do it right"

The point of my criticism is aimed at the Club, we do not have the squad in depth to replace injured or out of form players.

Osman is full of painkillers with a broken toe, and he is not a winger, Cahill and Carsley have been off form for several games now, Carsley needs to be rested and Cahill is not a striker, Johnson is getting critised for not playing well, but when Vaughan came on and gave him some help, AJ scored.

Wake up lad, you cant complete a jigsaw if you try and put all the pieces in the wrong place.

Or you could say eight points from a possible twelve in four tricky games while we're without the African lads, only one goal conceded and three clean sheets.

Or you could say nine wins, four draws and two losses in the last fifteen league games. Averaging more than two points a game.

Definite Champions League form.

Or i could say i just got owned :P

just so mad cus I had allready seen what you seen later that night on MOTD (THE PEN, RED CARD, AND GOAL!!!)

but i still belive those 2 points robbed from us could be the differance between getting in the champions league or not.

Disappointing result, shocking refereeing. The one and only positive is the AJ berating on here has ceased. We should stand by our players and give them credit for the position we're in. Fourth place last I looked.

Edited by EvilG

As all have said we were robbed but in context it shows how far we have come. Also looking at the spurs united game it shows that the 4 points we got against them this season was also good, and that spurs are a better side than their league position.

On another issue watching today I think when we get piennar back I think Manny could take Carsleys job. He's creative, defends well (when fit) and his distribution is much better. Any thoughts?

As all have said we were robbed but in context it shows how far we have come. Also looking at the spurs united game it shows that the 4 points we got against them this season was also good, and that spurs are a better side than their league position.

On another issue watching today I think when we get piennar back I think Manny could take Carsleys job. He's creative, defends well (when fit) and his distribution is much better. Any thoughts?

Yer he could take Carsleys job he suits that positon, but people think he could be more effective futher up the field, I still think we need another player in the middle with him tho, Cahill is just not up to it, I dont no if he's unfit or what but he he's done fuck all lately.

Osman when fit can be a great centermidfielder but he's a totally differant player on the wing, a bit like Yobo and the rightback position.

I would have liked Bradley in :(

Been playing that "goal" over and over in my head and I just can not fucking believe it. Most decisions you can sometimes get a hint of why the fat lino gave it but this one WHAT THE FUCK DID HE SEE????

But,

Still 4th (thanks Fulham). Joey and Yak and Peanuts home. Let's kick on blueboys. Win all our home games and pick draws and few wins away and it will be close. Biggest derby in a while coming up!

COYB

Everton vs the world again!!!

Still makes no difference to what i think Zed, both Blackburn and Spurs where there to be beaten and we didnt do it.

When you think that we got rid of McFadden for over £5 million, and ended up with Da Silva and Van Der Meyde on the bench for the Spurs game because we didnt have enough players, then ship out Da Silva and Stubbs to bring in Gardner who is injured and could'nt even make the bench, If jags or Lescott had got injured yesterday we Could have ended up losing that game, now how shit is that. Osman is still playing with a broken toe, Fernandes who has only played one game in 3 months (spurs) and is obviously not up to speed yet, giving the ball away too often.

Was Cahill playing yesterday ?, i didnt see him involved in anything that went on, the only thing that seemed to be on his mind was catching the plane to Australia, and he has been poor for the last 3 or 4 games, peeps say he scores some goals, yeah thats fine but if he stops scoring he contributes very little else and i would rather revert to 4-4-2 and play Vaughan up front.

We are in an excellent position and it would be criminal if we throw it away because we didnt bring in one decent player when we had the window of opportunity, we've gone out in the last two games with a patched up team full of pain killing injections, so yes this Evertonian does expect a bit better.

I still maintain it was 4 points lost through lack of forward planning by the Club. ;)

What does moyes do? - go out and spend the money for the sake of it? - If the players moyesie wanted were available in the window I'm sure he would have bid for them. - unlike many other managers I moyes likes to keep his transfer activity quiet - I'm sure he was trying.

It's no coincidence that every manager says that you pay over the odds in January - look at McFadden FFS! - Moyes has lost 2 in faddy and stubbs and gained 3 in fernandes, gardner and gosling - okay we may not see gosling (with some 1st team experience) but it's and extra body and 1 for the future. Gardner only came in as back-up after the stubbs deal - moyes said himself it was last-minute and wouldn't stand in stubbsies way (who wanted to leave - to play).

Right lets say moyes went out and bought a new centre back or new midfielder - with the £5m from the faddy deal - they're not the ones he wanted they're just to please fans with a new signing - they get a run out over the next 2 games due to injuries/african nations. Come Reading match yobo/yak/pienaar return - osman/fernandes/baines are fitter after a weeks rest - new signing on the bench - was never first choice - just a stop gap to keep the fans happy.

Summer transfer market re-opens - moyes has to dig into his summer kitty to sign pienaar/fernandes as the faddy money has been spent on a player who has put in some solid performance in our reserves.

A bit long-winded but what I am trying to say is, if there were players who genuinely would have improved us at the right price then I'm sure moyes would have snapped them up. We've got our squad back now and we'll be alright. Let's get behind the boys - and not think the worst - we're in pole position for 4th afterall.

"We've got our squad back now and we'll be alright".

You just dont get it do you, we've just lost four points that we should have won. Four points could mean the diference between Champs League, Uefa Cup, or Fook all. <_<

I do get it mate - we have just lost 4 points - what's signing some over-priced half-whit just for the sake of it going to do - would we have won both games if we had of signed a centre back or centre mid for £5m-£6m?

Who did you have in mind lad?

Its obvious you and i see it differently. I havent got a 20 strong scouting staff at my disposal so its no good me quoting you players names.

If we finish the season in 4th place i'll admit that it didnt matter, but if we finish in 7th or 8th place i'll come back and remind you. :)