IGNORED

Blackburn. (away)

Bill

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interseting, im taking it that your basing this on how poor you thought we played yesterday?

Is Peanuts back for this?

Yes, and the fact that we still may not have much of a midfield. If Pienaar is back and shakes off his injury and Osman is back and fit and in the middle and not the wing we have a better

2-0 us AJ with a deuce. They don't provide as much of a threat as Spurs IMO. With our defence as it is Clause and Bentley shud be delt with.

Aj and Vaughan up front.

Even if Peanuts is knocked out 2nite surely he can't fly all that way and play straight away?

Whats the situation with Cahill and Oz is he available for this or what?

Cahill and Hibbert should both be back. Osman is just an ongoing minor injury as I understand it.

Santa Cruz is a real danger, he seems to keep on making goals out of nothing so we'll have to mark him tight for the full 90.

Really wish Arteta had just stepped inside and had a crack against spurs but I reckon he's due for one.

2-1 to us, Lescott and Arteta

Bit iffy about this Blackburn match, biggish 3 points up for grabs in the whole scheme of things.

Cahill if fit wouldnt fly out until the Sunday after the league match. Thats the deal 4 all the Oz players except those who play on sunday of course.

Watching Total Football an Oz footy panel type show on Fox last night, they mentioned rumours that Cahill may yet be struck down by a mystery injury.

From a Blackburn point of view this also is being regarded as a must win game for Europe, especially with us being at The Emirates next. However our big concern is the defence. Samba is a man mountain and he is banned. Ooijer and Zurab will play together for the first time at CH and neither is lightening fast.

At RB, Emerton is in he same position as Cahill with regards to Australia. We believe that if he (and Cahill) does join up with the Oz squad they miss the game. Should Emerton not be available, we are either throwing a relative unknown into defence or moving Reid to RB where he is iffy.

I think you'll seriously threaten us at set pieces. Also AJ's pace could seriously exploit our centre halves. Whether he has the composure to take advantage is another thing. However I'd also fancy us to score ourselves so it should be close but with goals.

I believe you've sold out which will make for a great atmosphere. Enjoy the game. Think you'll get something, hope you don't, and if your coming wrap up cos it'll be bloody freezing. It's been gales and sleet all day today over here.

Edited by Hasta

Samba is a man mountain and he is banned. Ooijer and Zurab will play together for the first time at CH and neither is lightening fast.

I think with this in mind we should cause th[eir defence all sorts of problems, especially if Vaughan is given a start. Pienaar will be a big miss for us again. Still I think we'll win this one. I'm going for 0-2!

Edited by barryj

Quite surprised to see that Blackburn have only taken fifteen points from their last fifteen games. Only beaten Derby, Sunderland, Notlob and Newcastle.

If they hadn't had a decent start that's relegation form, not Europe. Early goal from AJ, then a twenty-five yarder from VDM after eighty-five ;) . 2-0.

Quite surprised to see that Blackburn have only taken fifteen points from their last fifteen games. Only beaten Derby, Sunderland, Notlob and Newcastle.

If they hadn't had a decent start that's relegation form, not Europe. Early goal from AJ, then a twenty-five yarder from VDM after eighty-five ;) . 2-0.

Nah, i fancy an eighty-five yarder from VDM after twenty five minutes. Now that would be a good return!

Edited by jamiemaher85

Mike, I take it that you expect him to come on in the 84th minute. :lol: :lol:

....and quite possibly off again after eighty-six. Wouldn't want him to over-exert himself B) .

Nah, i fancy an eighty-five yarder from VDM after twenty five minutes. Now that would be a good return!

Now that I'd pay to see (probably equally as likely as my prediction though) :D .

Tim Howard 24

Leighton Baines 3

Joleon Lescott 5

Philip Neville 18

Tim Cahill 17

Leon Osman 21

Manuel Fernandes 23

Phil Jagielka 16

Lee Carsley 26

Mikel Arteta 6

Andrew Johnson 8

James Vaughan 14

Tony Hibbert 2

Stefan Wessels 33

Victor Anichebe 28

Nuno Valente

That is the best we could have asked for. Let's hope Ossie and Timmy can play like we know they can when fully fit.