IGNORED

Villa (home)

eadand2003

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I think the feeling is we need Arteta and Osman back, we're creating very little at the mo (although the defence is still fairly solid). Confidence is low but these things can change in a moment for very little apparrent reason, eg Villa's performance in the last three games having taken only two points from the previous five :o .

Couple of weeks ago you must have been feeling pretty much as we are now I'd guess?

wouldn't be overly devastated if we miss out on the UEFA as we've had a good season and unfortunately just ran out of legs, lessons need to be learnt about squad rotation and strength in depth. That being said, this is basically it - our cup final. One win against Villa and that will pretty much guarantee UEFA cup football for next year, unless we don't pick up any more points and the other teams win every game - unlikely. We haven't been playing well, but I was encouraged by our commitment against Chelsea and I don't think Villa are all that great. One good performance and we're there, let's just hope the Goodison crowd can roar us across the finish line and give us 5th spot like we deserve. We are the 5th best team in the league and barring key injuries (Cahill) I think we would have been home and dry by now. COYB!

Pretty much go along with that Carl apart from the first eleven words :) .

Some tentative good news...Ossie's back training..

Provided that he suffers no reaction to his injury, Osman should return to Everton’s starting line-up this weekend and David Moyes, whose side have lacked a cutting edge in recent weeks, will welcome him back with open arms.

Apart from scoring seven goals, Osman has carved a niche for himself in the centre of Everton’s midfield and Moyes hopes the match-winning ability he has shown this season will surface once again against Aston Villa.

“Leon is a boy who should score more goals for us,” said Moyes, who also hopes Mikel Arteta will be fit for the visit of Villa.

If you have a God then now would be a good time to start praying....I'm going for the unconventional method of sticking pins into voodoo dolls of Ashley Young and Gareth Barry ;) .

Every little helps :P .

Yes this is our cup final!.............Win it and 5th should be safe!

If the Manager, players and the crowd can't get up for this one, then maybe Villa deserve it more.

We've got a good defence, an improving Fernandes, fit Pienaar, Osman and Arteta should be able to create a goal or two for Yakubu and AJ.

Or will Moyes go back to a 4-5-1 :unsure:

Or will Moyes go back to a 4-5-1 :unsure:

Wouldn't have a problem with that, said elsewhere that I'd be very happy with....

Howard, Neville, Yobo, Jags, Lescott, Fernandes, Arteta, Carsley, Pienaar with Ossie pushing forward toward Yak.

I'd be happy going in with that XI.

Really I'd just be happy to see us put in a cross or two. How many did we have in against, 3, 4? A joke. Villa are on a good little run, but I still think we're at least an even match and I think it will be down to one or two players deciding to take the thing on. Draw seems likely, but I'll stay positive and give us the edge with a 2-1.

Really I'd just be happy to see us put in a cross or two. How many did we have in against, 3, 4? A joke. Villa are on a good little run, but I still think we're at least an even match and I think it will be down to one or two players deciding to take the thing on. Draw seems likely, but I'll stay positive and give us the edge with a 2-1.

Its funny because its true!!!

Im feeling very nervous about this game now, especially becaude villa are in real form now. This is our biggest game of the season, in the long run its probably bigger than the fiorentina home leg.

I want to wait to see squad news before i guess a score

Hello Men Another Villa fan here,

I'm looking forwrd to the game on Sunday and obviously are hoping that we win.

I just wanted to ask if Cahill, Arteta or Osman going to be playing ??

p.s

I have family up in Southport who all support the RedScum so I was hoping that either Villa or Everton were going to pip them in the race for 4th this season. So heres to next season.

mr JC is there any chance we could have your owner? because he's loaded but who knows anything about randy lerner?

*cue next season Lerner interfere's :P *

1-0 to us, more luck than skill

Mr Lerner is unavailable, Sorry lol

He has done so much for us in such a small amount of time, Bringing back the Holte Pub, new signage around the ground, aswell as investing the the team ETC ETC.

He also keeps himself to himself and gets on with running the club (Unlike the RedScum's lot)

I think Villa need a draw at least to have a chance of 5th spot as I fancy us to get 6 points from our last 2 games on current form.

Cahills out for the season and late tests on Arteta and Osman, if we can put out the following 4-5-1 side it should be a good close game.

.............................. Howard ..............................

Neville ........ Yobo .......... Jagielka ............. Lescott

Arteta ... Fernandes .. Carsley .... Osman ... Pienaar

............................. Yakubu .................................

If we are short in midfield 4-4-2 might not be good enough for a win. So i go for a 2-1 win or a 1-1 draw depending on which formation we can muster up.

PS.... welcome to the forum JC. :)

Cahills out for the season and late tests on Arteta and Osman, if we can put out the following 4-5-1 side it should be a good close game.

.............................. Howard ..............................

Neville ........ Yobo .......... Jagielka ............. Lescott

Arteta ... Fernandes .. Carsley .... Osman ... Pienaar

............................. Yakubu .................................

If we are short in midfield 4-4-2 might not be good enough for a win. So i go for a 2-1 win or a 1-1 draw depending on which formation we can muster up.

PS.... welcome to the forum JC. :)

Thank you Licker.

I would be pleased not to see Arteta and Osman play (obviously not you boys though) I really like Arteta and Cahill in midfield and Yakubu upfront.

I think think that we have hit form just at the right time and although our last 3 games games were against bottom 4 sides we still won them well and I hope we can take that form into Sunday.

I expect us to line up:

...................Carson...................

..Mellberg..Laursen..Knight..Bouma

...................Petrov....................

......ReoCoker........Barry.............

.................Young.......................

....Agbonlahor......Carew..............

I pretty much think that will be our 11 as the team pretty much picks itself t the moment.

Ill got for a Villa 2-1 win.

Lescott for you (he always scored against us) and Agbonlahor and Barry for us

Yeah you have a good attacking side, a few nice players and i would say your Confidence is well up at the moment, unlike ours.

It looks like some of our players have had too long a season, and are looking to go on their holidays, hope they can stick it out for another couple of games, Moyes is learning all the time and maybe this summer he will add to the squad, cos this season we couldnt cover for injuries to Pienaar, Cahill, Osman and Arteta, thats all of our midfield, and besides them theres nobody else.

Oh for a repeat of two years ago, my lad's first visit to Goodison, lots of this....

IMAG0043-1.jpg

....going on and this....

IMAG0044.jpg

....by half-time :) .

Agbonlahor's début I think I'm right in saying, he scored but we got a late one to win 4-1.

I'd probably settle for that Sunday ;) .

I'm confident of the win, yes Aston Villa look like they're in a good vain of form at present. Scoring for fun, but when you look at who their opposition have been ,Bolton ,Derby ,Birmingham a little bit of perspective is required.

Its too early to start thinking doom and gloom just yet or that Villa might somehow turn over Everton at home. Villa have had some good results of late but against the aforementioned teams its hardly a surprise.

If they hadn't beaten these teams they wouldn't deserve to be in the top ten let alone challanging us for 5th spot.

This looks like being the most important game of the season for both teams, these are the kind of important games we want at the end of a season. Its better than having nothing to play for like the vast majority of teams at this time of year. Come on Moyes boys make it a thrilling encounter this could be our defining moment.

We have the same problem to be honest. Small squad and a few injuries. Never mind though I think both teams will add to the squads in the summer along with Man City, Tottenham and Pompey and hopefully replace RedScum in 4th place and put them mid table where they belong.

I'm confident of the win, yes Aston Villa look like they're in a good vain of form at present. Scoring for fun, but when you look at who their opposition have been ,Bolton ,Derby ,Birmingham a little bit of perspective is required.

Its too early to start thinking doom and gloom just yet or that Villa might somehow turn over Everton at home. Villa have had some good results of late but against the aforementioned teams its hardly a surprise.

If they hadn't beaten these teams they wouldn't deserve to be in the top ten let alone challanging us for 5th spot.

This looks like being the most important game of the season for both teams, these are the kind of important games we want at the end of a season. Its better than having nothing to play for like the vast majority of teams at this time of year. Come on Moyes boys make it a thrilling encounter this could be our defining moment.

To be fair I don't think anyone has said we would 'turn you over'. I'm saying we are a good run and Everton aren't just at the moment.

Our results against the same opposition .....................

Bolton. 2-1

Brum.. 1-1

Derby. 1-0.

And every one a tough struggle, and we played some shite. No comparison.

what games where you watching Licker? the results where

bolton 2-0

brum 3-1

derby2-0

Theres only no coparison when you compare their home games to our away games

Our result against Derby County was 1-0 at home (shite) Villas 6-0 against them was away, the other results where a mixture of home and away as are Villa's. Just pointing out the rashness of your comment... "If they hadn't beaten these teams they wouldn't deserve to be in the top ten let alone challanging us for 5th spot." .

I can remember getting beat at Reading, and only a couple of weeks ago getting beat by Fulham, so i take it you dont think we deserve to be in the top ten either. :rolleyes: