IGNORED

Jonas Olsson

No nonsense left footed central defender 25 years old, may break into the national side for euro 2008, linked with Boro and Newcs in January but fell through because he was injured during the transfer window.

Cant say i've heard of him so no idea what the fee would be.

Man United are after Everton youngsters Jack Rodwell, Dan Golsing, Jack McGonigle and Kieron Agard for a combined fee of £6 million although Everton may not sell as these have all performed well at acadamey and reserve stage this season

Man United are after Everton youngsters Jack Rodwell, Dan Golsing, Jack McGonigle and Kieron Agard for a combined fee of £6 million although Everton may not sell as these have all performed well at acadamey and reserve stage this season

Why is that in here? :huh:

Incidentally, anyone heard the story of Chelsea trying to steal Rodwell from us? If you have, does their arrogance piss you off as much as it does me? :angry:

The arrogance of alot the top club pisses me off. If the lad has any sense he will stay here, so much talent has been wasted at Chelsea, though the amount they get paid to warm a seat would be hard for most to turn down. Still, i hope and think he will stay, he stand more of a chance to make an impression in the league this year wih us than with chelsea or man utd

The arrogance of alot the top club pisses me off. If the lad has any sense he will stay here, so much talent has been wasted at Chelsea, though the amount they get paid to warm a seat would be hard for most to turn down. Still, i hope and think he will stay, he stand more of a chance to make an impression in the league this year wih us than with chelsea or man utd

Right, they courted him before he signed his pro contract with us. They picked him up in a helicopter, offered his family a house etc etc all that crap to schmooze him. He signed his contract before our game with Chelsea and we invited their directors into the room to see it to rub their noses in it. To which they commented that "You can keep him, Everton look after their youngsters. We'll just buy him when he's 19".

Cunts.

Right, they courted him before he signed his pro contract with us. They picked him up in a helicopter, offered his family a house etc etc all that crap to schmooze him. He signed his contract before our game with Chelsea and we invited their directors into the room to see it to rub their noses in it. To which they commented that "You can keep him, Everton look after their youngsters. We'll just buy him when he's 19".

Cunts.

where did you get this from?

he signed his deal on 17th March 2008, we played Fulham away on 16th March and West Ham at home on 22nd March.

We should be grateful Rodwell has signed a contract, the likes of Chelsea, Man U & Arsenal are always trying to poach academy players from other clubs.

Heres a example of how clubs can get truly shafted by the likes of Chelsea.

Scott Sinclair...

Controversially, Chelsea signed the player in July 2005 without asking Bristol Rovers for permission to speak to him, let alone agreeing a fee. In November 2005 Chelsea were set an initial fee of £200,000 by a tribunal to pay Bristol Rovers and up to an extra £750,000 may become due depending on how successful he is at his new club. Chelsea will also have to pay Bristol Rovers 15% of any profit they make if they sell him.

200k for a 15 year old who made his Premier League début.

I remember Man U trying to persuade Rooney to join them when he was 15. If that had gone through we'd have lost millions. I don't think Everton would stand by and let any team have carte blanche over our up and coming starlets. At least I hope not.

Edited by EvilG

• 4 years later...

Player of the year in WBA, but that doesnt really mean much. I however do rate him, not just because he is swedish but because he is a no nonsens cb. (which someone mentioned a couple of years ago) i think thats exactly what everton needs. Someone whos not afraid to look at the ball and say 'that ball has no business being in this area of the pitch, and i know a way to get rid of it. Ill just take my left foot and boot it away'

So lets get a few bob from Jags, keep distin on the bench for emergencies and play Jonny and Jonas until the youngsters are ready. Keep it tidy and safe.

Edited by Peter H

Player of the year in WBA, but that doesnt really mean much. I however do rate him, not just because he is swedish but because he is a no nonsens cb. (which someone mentioned a couple of years ago) i think thats exactly what everton needs. Someone whos not afraid to look at the ball and say 'that ball has no business being in this area of the pitch, and i know a way to get rid of it. Ill just take my left foot and boot it away'

So lets get a few bob from Jags, keep distin on the bench for emergencies and play Jonny and Jonas until the youngsters are ready. Keep it tidy and safe.

Change that to right foot and you could easily be on about Jags.

Change that to right foot and you could easily be on about Jags.

You are right, i think the two are fairly equal in ability but i feel that jags cocks things up more often. He is however english and an international at that. Which automatically means that he is worth more. So if he is sold and olsson bought in as a replacement then we wouldnt weaken the squad but we would free up some money for Pienaar.