IGNORED

David Bentley

I dont think its Evertons fault, for all you know Cap, is that Moyes never wanted him? City are paying well over the odds for a player who (admittingly i like) sits on a bench at a team, whom City want to go above of, and are going to pay him more wages than he's on now, to do fuck all. This puts Bently out of any future deal for us btw, as he will probably be on nearer £70,000 a week if not more. I wouldnt blame EFC. and Krancjar has gone for two reasons....as a replacement for modric (temp basis only) and to join his old mmanager. The odds were against us as soon as they showed interest.

Good points lad, but we as a club should never be at such a perilous stage in terms of squad depth in the first place, which undoubtedly is Everton fault. I'm not too fussed about Bentley, but Krancjar is a steal at 2.5 million and fits the bill for a talented center midfielder. Anyway, once again I think these names in the press are used to hide the real target: get through the window and pray the fans don't revolt!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points lad, but we as a club should never be at such a perilous stage in terms of squad depth in the first place, which undoubtedly is Everton fault. I'm not too fussed about Bentley, but Krancjar is a steal at 2.5 million and fits the bill for a talented center midfielder. Anyway, once again I think these names in the press are used to hide the real target: get through the window and pray the fans don't revolt!

That, i completely agree with you, escpecially in todays market. The thing about him is, that now Modric is out and Croatia are claiming a conspiracy, Krancjar will want to cememnt his place prior to the world cup. He will be very good this year, and im v.tempted to put him as a cheap option in my fantasy footy ;) <<<< tip for you lads :P

haha very good point, i suppose he kind of does bring something new to citys midfield though with SWP on their wing they have alot of pace but not alot of crossing ability...with their money they will be looking to add alot of new dimensions to their game.

Only wish we could do the same :blink: still amazed we didnt go after kranjcar

Edited by GoodisonRoad

People seem to have short memories. Do we not remember having less choices in the wide positions than we do now and doing pretty damned well any way? How a wide player like Bentley could be considered so impressive when we need another CB, a LB and a holding DM good enough to start most games is beyond me.

This Bently situation is interesting, especialy with DM's comments today. As we now know it is not City its got to be Shite, possable, but I dont see him as a Benethus type player. Bolton as they have made some fair sized bids recently, but again unlikley as I am sure Bently would not want to go there. Which leaves us - maybee