IGNORED

David Bentley

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed stevo but there is other formations were we can play those 4 in midfeild. Im not saying its the best but drop neville at RB and stick him in DM just behind those 4 then we can play those 4. And when i put those 4 out i was thinking attacking minded. I seriously would not play those 4 together, like you said some have said we get walked over.

• 3 weeks later...
papers again linking us with him

Don't want Bentley, yeah he is one of the fastets players in the Prem (I was suprised too) good delivery, butI think his attitude is wank. Defensive midfield, if Neville could pull the game he had for Man U when he dominated Viera a few years back out the hat week in and out I would stick him there but he hasn't re-produced anything like that since!

agreed stevo but there is other formations were we can play those 4 in midfeild. Im not saying its the best but drop neville at RB and stick him in DM just behind those 4 then we can play those 4. And when i put those 4 out i was thinking attacking minded. I seriously would not play those 4 together, like you said some have said we get walked over.

come on mate we all no not to say Neville and Midfield in one sentence ;)

• 1 year later...

I'll be very surprised if he does for two reasons: 1) His recently behaviour in his personal life i.e. drink driving and after dinner fights. 2) We will cost of excess around 10 million +, and I can't see Moyes doing it. I would like to see Bentley here as that would be the end of that awful sub-standard Osman, but it just won't happen.

Agree with all of the above.. Would love Taylor here.. the guy is a cracking centreback... him and Jags would be awesome. Banega would be a v welcome addition as an out and out holding player.

Bentley would be great. Not paying anywhere near the £17m Spurs paid, but he could provide the creativity we miss without Spud, and as someone said earlier, Moyes could sort out the attitude. Yes please!

Agree with all of the above.. Would love Taylor here.. the guy is a cracking centreback... him and Jags would be awesome. Banega would be a v welcome addition as an out and out holding player.

Bentley would be great. Not paying anywhere near the £17m Spurs paid, but he could provide the creativity we miss without Spud, and as someone said earlier, Moyes could sort out the attitude. Yes please!

So do i, if our summer activity finally was Taylor, Bentley, Benega, Jo, and a right back, i'd be pretty satisfied, im just a bit gutted that it may have taken a heavy defeat to get the board to realise now's the time to put some money in.

Considering if we sell Lescott for say £22m. If Taylor comes in for about £6m...that leaves us with £16m, a £14m double bid for Hutton and Bentley could be a good shout? It covers our right side, and having played for each other maybe, a quicker gelling period would commense? We all know Moyes wont get the full amount from the sale, but here's to hoping eh?