IGNORED

David Bentley

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be extremely dissapionted if we lose Arteta. It's players like these that meant we finished where have done over the last seasons. When Arteta has been missing, how many times have we heard that we've missed his creativity. We need him and his flair in the team. To say we're going to lose him and replace him with someone like Bentley, (or even the likes of Sidwell, Lewandowski et al) for me is completely illogical, and certainly not a continuation of the progress we have made.

Arteta's form last year had nothing to do with him wanting to leave the club (in my opinion). He has stated on numerous occasions that he would like to return to spain one day but not yet. His poor form was down to 2 things in my opinion. Over expectation and his stomach injury which he played through all season. I am with Romey if we want to improve we need to keep our best players and add to them. Not replace like for like.

I have every belief Arteta wants to go - said it all last season.

As for Bentley I am not sure, a bit like Rooney, hailed as a superstar but never really delivers...

I'm not sure Arteta wants to go, but I definitely agree about Bentley. No doubt he would improve our squad if Arteta stays as well, but can't help feel he's getting a little more hype than he actually deserves, plus he looks a bit arrogant as well - for the money we'd need to spend to get him I'd personally say no and look at cheaper alternatives. Glad to see someone agrees about Rooney as well, just because he can control a ball the british press seem to think he's some sort of immortal, yet nearly every foreign international controls the ball as standard. He's way overrated (doesn't score many goals, misses a lot of chances etc) and the best thing he ever did was get us £20-30m!

I hope Arteta stays, he deserves a chance to prove that last season's form was injury related, I think he's a better player than Bentley personally.

I have every belief Arteta wants to go - said it all last season.

As for Bentley I am not sure, a bit like Rooney, hailed as a superstar but never really delivers...

Sorry, my mistake. It is just when you said 'said it all last season' i thought that was a pop at his form. Not wanting to kick up a fuss but what said it all last season. Arteta certainly didnt say anything about leaving. His agent did and Mikel came out straight away saying he does not want to leave

He is a good player, but how long would he actually want to stay here if he did actually come here? He would just use us a stop gap before moving to a "champions leage" club where he probably wouldn't get a game week in week out.

As for the arteta thing, there is one reason why he is not in the spain sqaud, he isn't good enough. simple. I mean if Fabregas only makes the bench what chance does Arteta have? And moving to Atletico Madrid would not really boost his chances, the heads of Athletico fell out with spanish FA Arogones and not a single player from Athletico was selected.

arogones isnt spains manager after the euro's. He is manager of a turkish side.

But i agree with jamie arteta isnt good enough for spains starting 11. Still dont want him to leave us mind. And his form last season was due to injury.

Yeah i wasn't trying to slate arteta, i still like him and hope he stays, but it would be foolish to think he should be getting into the spain sqaud at the moment, a season of consistant good form then maybe, but at the moment no.

I knew about arogones already but thought it was worth stating as well. A strange fact I found out about him the other day is that he is Samuel Eto's grand father. Random.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Indeed it does. Wonder is eto'o said anything to him

i saw an interview with mikel on evertontv the other day and he seemed really keen to improve next season. he didnt look like he wanted to go and to be honest i dont think he will. plus 8m? that is far too low.. when the player has consistently been a top performer, and when he was player of the season last season? or season before?

plus do you think moyes would sell him? i dont think he would.

moyes WILL sell him for the right price, just like united will sell ronaldo at the right price and liverpool will sell torres for the right price. Every player has their price.

But moyes wont be bullied into selling arteta, it would take a massive offer (to us like) for moyes to agree to sell.

Bentley says he wants "European football," well that has to mean "Champions League football" because he's already been getting "European football" with Blackburn in the UEFA Cup the last two years. Obviously that's not good enough for him.

It's not a qualifying round, so it counts in my book. And the year before that, they got past the group stage and into the round of 32.

but they haven't qualified this time have they (or am I missing something?) so he wants to move on. It's no doubt an excuse, but to be honest I can't really blame him for moving to a bigger club.

I cant see Arteta leaving would luv 2 see Bentley in a blue shirt tho. But if we did sign him who would u pick on the right Arteta or Bently ?

For me it would depend whos up-front. If we sign this giant weve been linked with in other posts or anyone else good in the air then id chose bently for the crosses and corners but if its flair we need and weve got speed up front and/or if we get arshavin those two mixing it up id defo choose artea. But you can also play arteta on the left aswell as hes played ther a couple of times in past season so with cahill and if we sign him manny or arshavin in the middle :rolleyes:

god that would be good :D