IGNORED

David Bentley

Regardless of all else, he is terrific value for money. (at least according to BBC website today)

Everton will ask Tottenham about taking David Bentley after being quoted £15 for the former Blackburn winger last week.

Full story: Daily Mirror

To buy him at 15 quid, Bill would even be able to afford a years worth of Taxi fares! :D

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we got him it would certainly bring competition to the team, that is what we need. and the ability to change things around. we dont have another player like him in the team, different options can always help any manager. rambling now, but i want him.

He's the type of player that will always have a £6m-£8m fee to a Sunderland or a Wolves. So if he fails miserably it won't be a massive loss.

Not that he will fail. I think he's a quality player and I'd love to see him here. Those Beckham comparisons weren't given lightly, the boy can cross.

I think Bently would be a great signing. He his a fantastic crosser of the ball, and his passing ability is also very good. He has a good shot, and would compliment our team. He is good at tracking back, and importantly can play in the middle as well as on the right (although we have a derth of central midfielders).

At Blackburn he made their side tick, with Pederson and could do the same for us with Pienaar and the new Russian lad. It gives us options that we need at the level we are aiming for. Crikey just add Arteta (god bless him) into the mix and we lots of creative options and threats for opponents.

If we get the signings we are roumerd to be after we will have a very VERY good squad. Please God lets get these players on and kick on as a team!

Edited by London Blue

I think Bently would be a great signing. He his a fantastic crosser of the ball, and his passing ability is also very good. He has a good shot, and would compliment our team. He is good at tracking back, and importantly can play in the middle as well as on the right (although we have a derth of central midfielders).

At Blackburn he made their side tick, with Pederson and could do the same for us with Pienaar and the new Russian lad. It gives us options that we need at the level we are aiming for. Crikey just add Arteta (god bless him) into the mix and we lots of creative options and threats for opponents.

If we get the signings we are roumerd to be after we will have a very VERY good squad. Please God lets get these players on and kick on as a team!

he's never made anything tick

You have a very short memory because he was absolutely quality at Arsenal & Blackburn. Its only since he joined Spurs that his career has stalled, and to be fair he has been in and out of the side and often played out of position since he has been there

He's talking about Pedersen.

To be honest I just cant see Bentley coming. If he does then great but I wont believe anything the papers talk about until I see them holding a scalf aloft next to Moysey. Its all gone very quiet regarding Banega hasnt it.................

If this does happen it means either Billy or Pienaar will be warming the bench. Billy is too expensive for that and Pienaar is playing too well for that. I think a defensive mid is more important at the moment.

No it doesnt, its called competition for places all the top clubs have it! :P

We don't have anywhere near as much money as the "Top Clubs" so with the little money that we do have wouldn't it be wiser to improve the positions that need improving rather than just creating competition.

With Pienaar off in January for a month I wonder if he would be a good player to compete with Arteta for the right-sided position, better than Osman for it probably but then . . . what about Gosling? I would much prefer to see Pienaar and Gosling competing for that role and then either Arteta, Gosling or Osman be the mainstays over on the right. Of course, I am desperate to see Arteta in the middle so am hoping that Moyes doesn't find a reason for him to be shunted out there either way.

Over all I think only if it is a low fee and his wage demands are not too ridiculous as, to be honest, I'm not sure he is good enough all round to be one of the best paid players at the club.