IGNORED

David Bentley

Considering if we sell Lescott for say £22m. If Taylor comes in for about £6m...that leaves us with £16m, a £14m double bid for Hutton and Bentley could be a good shout? It covers our right side, and having played for each other maybe, a quicker gelling period would commense? We all know Moyes wont get the full amount from the sale, but here's to hoping eh?

Maybe i know more than i make out :P

http://newsnow.co.uk/A/364831922?-11192

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stinks of a panic buy. This lad is a big time Charlie who loves the bright lights of London. Doesn't exactly fit into the work ethic of the team. Got attracted to Spurs for the cash and was the latest in a long line to rot on their bench.

I'd hope we would move for better then this... although then again we're not moving for anyone so it's likely paper talk.

At least this would be one player Spurs wouldn't come in and pinch from us at the last minute :lol:

Hutton/Bentley > Hibbert/Osman

Rb/Rm are the 2 areas we desperately need to improve (we knew this from last season, yet still haven't addressed it!!!). I'd be happy if we went up to £15m to resolve this - £9m bentley, £6m hutton - it's still only a fraction of the £26m spurs paid for the pair - bentley £17m, hutton £9m (i think). £15m may still seem over priced to some but I rate both highly and if bentley wants to go to the world cup then he can't afford to have his attitude. Hutton looked class, that's why spurs paid so much and was just unlucky with an injury. If it's true Arry needs to sell before he can buy and with him watching Scott Brown last night then the sale of this pair would cover that.

Loosely related... did anyone else notice spurs bench vs the shite? Cudicini, Hutton, Naughton, O'Hara, Bentley, Pavlechenko, Crouch. Most of them would improve our 1st team!!!

Stinks of a panic buy. This lad is a big time Charlie who loves the bright lights of London. Doesn't exactly fit into the work ethic of the team. Got attracted to Spurs for the cash and was the latest in a long line to rot on their bench.

Yes, but Osman and Hibbert strike into their own team every time they play so I'd know who I would prefer on the right.

I don't really fancy Bentley coming here but our reality is we are swamped with center field players. Out of our 7 senior midfield players (and that's counting Rodwell) we have only one player who can do a quality job on the wing. Peanuts, granted Arteta has done a great job when playing on the right but he really shines when playing at the center of the park so that's where we need him. Osman, Cahill, Fellaini all compete for the same place in my mind, Arteta is our only playmaker and Rodwell and Neville are our def mids. We need capable wingers, preferably proven ones but with these numbers mostly anyone who's a natural winger should be considered.

With a natural winger with good crossing Hibbert could be left to what he does best, tackling. Granted I'd love to see a forward pushing rightback similar to Baines but with our limited funds I'd say a natural winger should be the 'must get' of this transfer window.

Where does Banega play? Can he do a job on the flanks or is he CM and going to be another young lad

brought in on loan to sit on the bench for the season? That is assumong that we get a work permit for thr lad which is unlikely if last years Obinna attempt was anything to go by?!

Quite why it takes until the start of the season to get these deals sorted is beyond me :o

I am not convinced that we need (or want) Bentley. He certainly would not be my choice for a signing in all honesty.

He can play right wing and despite a poor season last year has a proven track record in the Premier League . Therfore we need him. He may not be number one choice for most but you cant simply judge him on one season, which bare in mind he was largely played either left wing or through the centre. He's a young english right winger with bags of potential. Personally I think he'd be an outstounding purchase and I pray we get him.

He can play right wing and despite a poor season last year has a proven track record in the Premier League . Therfore we need him. He may not be number one choice for most but you cant simply judge him on one season, which bare in mind he was largely played either left wing or through the centre. He's a young english right winger with bags of potential. Personally I think he'd be an outstounding purchase and I pray we get him.

2nd that. Only two years ago he was being touted to replace a certain Mr.Beckham in the England 11? Thing is, what he offers from set-pieces, corners and crosses are inhumanly accurate deliveries which with our personnel could do some real damage. He's a playmaker aswel. He just needs his head screwing tighter again. But im going to guess (not fact or truth) that he wants out of Spurs, its obvious he hasnt settled fully and maybe his price tag grew too heavy for him. The bit in bold is the most important. Young. English. Potential...sound familiar? i.e. They type of player Moyes wanted to bring in? i agree, that he's had a torrid time but prior to the move everyone was raving about him.

1 quiet season in which he still scores one of the goals of the season and he's a shit footballer. Open your eyes.

He's never played well for anyone.

He has a shit attitude, Example leaves the u21 tourny cos he thinks it will effect his England main team chances of which he has 0% of.

He may of scored one of the goals of the season, but that only cos he missed kicked it.

He is overpriced and very overrated. Perfect player for Man city.

He has a shit attitude, Example leaves the u21 tourny cos he thinks it will effect his England main team chances of which he has 0% of.

He may of scored one of the goals of the season, but that only cos he missed kicked it.

Ok, I will agree with you, if he comes to Everton and all of the above happen. Like a tick box, i will strike off each claim. I think Bentley would be a great buy for Everton but thats me. n Jamie lol

Clearly you never saw him play for Blackburn then.

At Arsenal he played well. At Blackburn he played very well. At Tottenham he joined the black hole of football, he just needs reigniting.

Bentley is a quality footballer - proved it at Arsenal and Blackburn.

Admittedly he may have got a bit big for his boots following his high value transfer (15 mill?) but he's not the first multi-million pound flop at Spurs in recent years - think Bent and Pavlyuchenko. A taste of Moyes discipline would get the best out of him - and in World Cup year don't forget.

Lets get him and Hutton and solve our right side crisis in one go. And ask about Jenas while we're at it.

Admittedly he may have got a bit big for his boots following his high value transfer (15 mill?) but he's not the first multi-million pound flop at Spurs in recent years - think Bent and Pavlyuchenko. A taste of Moyes discipline would get the best out of him - and in World Cup year don't forget.

Lets get him and Hutton and solve our right side crisis in one go. And ask about Jenas while we're at it.

Like someone has said, we should buy their bench haha nah, i think Jenas is a good shout but he's another CM. i Think Bentley and Hutton would be a wicked coop.

Im sorry but Bent was not a flop at spurs, has been the top goal scorer there for the last few seasons, scored more than anyone in our squad last season, 16 in total. Bent just wasnt played as often as he should have been due to Keane, Defoe and Pav infront of him. Poorly treated I think, has two goals to his name already this season for Sunderland. Shame we didnt get him.

As for Bentley, I'd take him in a flash, quality right winger, could do some damage to teams with his cross and Cahills head.

Pavlyuchenko hasn't been a flop either. He came straight in and ended up playing 18 months of football, don't know how much more they could have really expected of him. I think he's definitely premiership quality even if it's not for Spurs.

Anyway, I'm not thrilled with the prospect of Bentley, but if they want rid of him and if he's willing to make a real go of it here then I think Moyes will get him back to his best, which is a far sight better than what we have on the right at the moment.

Pavlyuchenko hasn't been a flop either. He came straight in and ended up playing 18 months of football, don't know how much more they could have really expected of him. I think he's definitely premiership quality even if it's not for Spurs.

Anyway, I'm not thrilled with the prospect of Bentley, but if they want rid of him and if he's willing to make a real go of it here then I think Moyes will get him back to his best, which is a far sight better than what we have on the right at the moment.

Fully agree with you, I rate Pav and I think if he had a break before joining Spurs he would have done a lot better, still I thought he played fairly well in games I saw him play in, wouldnt mind him at Everton tbh.