IGNORED

David Bentley

Glad you also noticed that, last year it was that German Kevin Kyuaniyi. If Heitinga signs I believe that will be it, hence suffering with Osman for another season.

Pienaar will be played on the right wing, Bily on the left wing, even without signing someone like Bently Ossie will not be an automatic starter anymore.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we havent actually seen how BIlly will play in this league yet and wont do until after the international break. So until moyes gives him the nod i would expect osman to keep his place.

And dare is say it... but Billy could yet turn out to be a flop :blink:

Fingers crossed he wont be though. :thumbsup_still:

True. Hibbert 1st, Osman 2nd, Neville 3rd in the "not that bad" category.

Are you serious? Neville may be a "not that bad" footballer, but he's a quality holding midfielder, a good two-sided fullback, and by far and away the best leader at the club.

Pienaar will be played on the right wing, Bily on the left wing, even without signing someone like Bently Ossie will not be an automatic starter anymore.

i think the onus is now on ossie to improve his game, fast. but if we have players of ossies quality on the bench is better than we are used to. bentley could give us added strength and options.

i really don't see why some of you are so against bentley coming here. saying we have plenty of players who can do a good job in the wide positions is far from the mark. we really only have pienaar, osman, gosling and billy who can play out wide, and out of those 4 pienaar and billy are the only ones who can do a good job. gosling will be good for us for a couple of games as he is still growing. but honestly if i could have my way, i'd never want to see ossie playing out on the right wing again. yes, now that we have billy, osman is not a starting winger for us, but if one of billy and pienaar get injured, then osman would got put in the starting lineup at right mid. we need players like bentley so that we actually have some quality depth in the wide positions. have you all forgotten that we've just added at least 6 midweek games to our schedule with the europa league, not to mention possible runs in both the carling and FA cups? if we had three quality wingers, then we could rotate them with billy playing left, bentley playing right and pienaar playing either left or right depending on who the other winger is. if we try to tackle all of our extra games with the current set of wingers that we already have, billy and pienaar will be ready for their holidays by the time january rolls around. so IMO, another winger is one of our top priorities.

I'd like Bentley at Everton. He's still and young and I still believe he can become one of the best wingers out there. But I think a right back that can fill in as centre back should have priority since Jo and Arteta can play on the wings as well. Then you have Pienaar and Jo for left wing; Osman, Gosling and Arteta on right wing and Bilyaletdinov who can play on both. That's still covered rather good compared to the defensive positions I reckon - though I do think they should get Bentley if they can do so for a decent amount of money.

I'm a bit surprised there going to spend so much on a player who is not as good as Modric. Only reason their trying for him is because of the injury.

I really dislike Spurs at the minute and especially the way Harry "Well.... I like the lad, and I think we are going to put a bid in, maybe increase his wages... he's definitely someone we'd like here... but I can't talk too much about it as the Chairman are talking to his people" Redknapp does his transfer deals in the public.

Never really liked how spurs do there dealings in the market, they just throw money at the problems they have. There club is just a revolving door, buy a player, keep him for a couple seasons bench warming, let them go again.... and usually for alot less. would love to see how much money that club actually "makes".

But i guess its the way the game goes now :blink:

He is off to Citeh, with Petrov in London already as part of a swap deal. I am really, REALLY annoyed this morning with teams like Citeh and Spurs who don't need players like Bentley and Knajicar, yet poor (in the literal sense) Everton have disappointed again and no doubt will sign nobody today.

Cue the excuses after 5pm!

He is off to Citeh, with Petrov in London already as part of a swap deal. I am really, REALLY annoyed this morning with teams like Citeh and Spurs who don't need players like Bentley and Knajicar, yet poor (in the literal sense) Everton have disappointed again and no doubt will sign nobody today.

Cue the excuses after 5pm!

I dont think its Evertons fault, for all you know Cap, is that Moyes never wanted him? City are paying well over the odds for a player who (admittingly i like) sits on a bench at a team, whom City want to go above of, and are going to pay him more wages than he's on now, to do fuck all. This puts Bently out of any future deal for us btw, as he will probably be on nearer £70,000 a week if not more. I wouldnt blame EFC. and Krancjar has gone for two reasons....as a replacement for modric (temp basis only) and to join his old mmanager. The odds were against us as soon as they showed interest.