IGNORED

Andrew Johnson... At Last.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the Everton Way mate, surely you know this by now? ;)

Yeah I know should be used to it by now but still seemed shocked everytime we do it.

Love to know what Everton say about it when he moves there. Will they say the player wanted to go (and if so why did he say he wanted to stay just 2 weeks ago) or will they say they needed the money or my guess is none of the above and just some crap about it was to good an offer to turn down

OW MY EFFING GOD!!!

when are we finaly going to start building a squad instead of selling to buy every time

we sold mcfadden in january then moyes decided a month later ow we shouldnt of sold mcfadden when really yes we should but you should have brought in a replacement

Anichebe-olimpics

vaughan-fitness doubts

cahill-fitness doubts

Yakubu- if come the first game of the season the yak picked up a knock and moyes stil does not have a replacement how much of a nob is moyes going to feel ?

OW MY EFFING GOD!!!

when are we finaly going to start building a squad instead of selling to buy every time

we sold mcfadden in january then moyes decided a month later ow we shouldnt of sold mcfadden when really yes we should but you should have brought in a replacement

Anichebe-olimpics

vaughan-fitness doubts

cahill-fitness doubts

Yakubu- if come the first game of the season the yak picked up a knock and moyes stil does not have a replacement how much of a nob is moyes going to feel ?

I'm sure Moyes won't be the one responsible It'll be BK and Co!

personally i think we're selling AJ as we realise from a business perspective, £12m is a great deal for a player that doesn't quite fit in our first team at present (plus that's £3m+ profit on a player that's hardly set the Prem alight, especially last season)....we're obviously short of cash so this frees up the extra to bring in Moutinho and I guess Milito (though I'd rather take someone like Bent on loan for a year with a view to a permanent move).

have faith people B)

I do think it's early to be going off the handle on this. Moyes has stated that he wants to bring in 5 or 6 so let's give him the time to do it. Can't disagree with the business though, I think we're moving him on at just the right time for us. Bit ruthless I suppose, but that's perhaps something we need to be better at.

I think selling AJ for more than we outlayed is good business, but at this present time, i'm not too pleased. Were far too quick to sell players, and far too slow to bring replacements in. The squad is bare, and no one expected us to be this short at this point, despite the claims of patience. Now i'm a big fan of Moyes, but surely he must see time is running out, and we are in a dangerous position, if he doesnt get a move on. We only have the facts, we've released players, in the process of selling another and brought in the grand total of zero, thats all we can go off. I hope for faces to be brought in this week, or serious questions need to be asked.

Think even if new faces are brought in this week serious questions need to be asked.

At least we will have loads of time for the players to get to know the new surroundings if we sign anyone as season is still a long way off!!!!!

yakubu scored more in one season even when he went the african nations than A.J got in 2 so it shows whos got more class. I think its the perfect time to sell A.J because after a year his price will drop massively. get some class in now moyes!

Edited by Blue4Ever

yakubu scored more in one season even when he went the african nations than A.J got in 2 so it shows whos got more class. I think its the perfect time to sell A.J because after a year his price will drop massively. get some class in now moyes!

I don't think many (if any) actually have a problem with AJ being sold (I know I don't) mate, the problem that people have is that we have a really small squad as it is and we've brought nobody in so far, and people are worried that a replacement won.t be brought in. We've seen it before with Everton, McFadden being the most recent example of this and that decision came very close to costing us Europe. How many times do we have to risk it before it does cost us big? If a replacement of good quality is brought in then fair enough, but I don't see it happening.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_3879169,00.html

Everton have confirmed an offer has been accepted from Fulham for striker Andrew Johnson.

The England international is now discussing personal terms at Craven Cottage, with Fulham admitting Johnson is undergoing a medical.

--> look forward to seeing who Moyes has his sights on with the proceeds :)

I don't think many (if any) actually have a problem with AJ being sold (I know I don't) mate, the problem that people have is that we have a really small squad as it is and we've brought nobody in so far, and people are worried that a replacement won.t be brought in. We've seen it before with Everton, McFadden being the most recent example of this and that decision came very close to costing us Europe. How many times do we have to risk it before it does cost us big? If a replacement of good quality is brought in then fair enough, but I don't see it happening.

Thats my worry. Selling AJ only becomes good business, if we sign someone of better quality. We have just made the squad weaker, a squad desperate for numbers. We all seen how wrong it went towards the back end of last season, due to the squad becoming stretched and tired, and most agreed to move on, we need quality and most certainly a bigger squad. At this moment in time, we have done the complete oppposite.

Surely now the club have confirmed that Johnson is going then i'd like to think there will be at least 1 announcement of a new signing in the next 2-3 days. ( IE. Moutinho, Mbia, Fernandes or Milito ) But knowing Everton we'll prob wait till 11.59 August 31st!!

I think the £12m (if its correct) is a great price for AJ.. as great as the lad is/works his socks off for the club it looks an offer too good to refuse..

Hopefully we'll pop in an improved offer on Moutinho now we have more funds then?

He seems keen to join us from what (paper talk) ive read :)

Sad to see AJ go he worked hard and was good player. But the simple fact is he didnt score enough. We want to finish in the top 4 and we cant with a forward who score sumthing like 22 in 74 games. But good luck to the the lad and hope he has more success with fulham (just not against us)

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moye...nted-to-go.html

Im sorry Davey, but on this occasion I think you're telling porkies.

I don't, it doesn't do Moyes any favours that article, saying that he has money to spend but he is biding his time. The Echo (and other papers) have consistently reported that AJ refused to play against Preston and that Moyes was furious, I know Stevo spoke to AJ's dad but AJ's dad is the more likely to have the vested interest in making AJ look like the good guy. Personally I have no reason to doubt Moyes. Let's just hope we get someone in who has more quality.

it was actually my uncle who speaks with AJs dad, gambling/eating/drinking buddies, still insisting he doesnt want to go, but he was never going to put in a request, he wanted his 10% if he had to go, direct quote "you watch, my lad will get his 10%"

Doesn't anyone find it odd that he hasn't signed for Fulham yet?

This is 48 hours old now and as far as I can tel, he is still with us.

Failed medical??

I doubt it.

I'm hoping it means that Everton are doing the sensible thing and waiting until we have a replacement before sanctioning the completed deal.