IGNORED

Stephane M'bia

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mbia eager for Everton switch

Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbia is desperate to complete a move to Everton now he has returned from the Olympic Games in Beijing.

Mbia earlier this month claimed he was the subject of an offer of "more than eight million euros" by the Premier League outfit and demanded the Brittany club allowed him to leave.

"I haven't changed my mind, I want to join Everton," Mbia said in L'Equipe. "We are still in contact. I hope now that Rennes will accept to enter into negotiations with this English club."

He added: "I don't want to let this chance go by."

Mbia, who can also fill in as a centre-half or a right-back, has two years left on his contract at Rennes.

He has come back from the Olympics with a knee injury and will undergo an MRI scan this week to determine the extent of the problem.

He still wants tocome here, maybe we could get him slightly cheaper if he is ijured, but only if its not a serious injury! I'm not a religous man but i am praying to god his knee is ok.

EDIT;- Just reported this same story on SSN

Edited by jamiemaher85

Mbia eager for Everton switch

Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbia is desperate to complete a move to Everton now he has returned from the Olympic Games in Beijing.

Mbia earlier this month claimed he was the subject of an offer of "more than eight million euros" by the Premier League outfit and demanded the Brittany club allowed him to leave.

"I haven't changed my mind, I want to join Everton," Mbia said in L'Equipe. "We are still in contact. I hope now that Rennes will accept to enter into negotiations with this English club."

He added: "I don't want to let this chance go by."

Mbia, who can also fill in as a centre-half or a right-back, has two years left on his contract at Rennes.

He has come back from the Olympics with a knee injury and will undergo an MRI scan this week to determine the extent of the problem.

He still wants tocome here, maybe we could get him slightly cheaper if he is ijured, but only if its not a serious injury! I'm not a religous man but i am praying to god his knee is ok.

EDIT;- Just reported this same story on SSN

Even though it may not happen because of this injury it isn't half nice to hear how much someone wants to join us. It gives me back a little bit of optimism.

Even though it may not happen because of this injury it isn't half nice to hear how much someone wants to join us. It gives me back a little bit of optimism.

Lets not get carried away here, he wants to get paid more as he has stated many times and we are willing to pay him more than he currently gets. Not once has he mentioned the club and its history, the manager, the Premier League etc just the dosh.

Lets not get carried away here, he wants to get paid more as he has stated many times and we are willing to pay him more than he currently gets. Not once has he mentioned the club and its history, the manager, the Premier League etc just the dosh.

yano what mate, im really not assed, if we start getting picky over the few players which actually want to join then we wont sign anyone.

Not entirely true. He did say how DM is a great manager for giving young players opportunities.

that is the best news in this situation. Even though he is injured when he is fit, he can cover centre-half of which we only have 3 players, right back, of which we have 2, and defense mid, of which we have none. I hope this signing goes through, even if its the only one, he is probably one of the most useful players we could go for.

Hopefully this will happen and if it does think the guy will becme a favourite with the fans especially if it becomes apparent that he did snub Arsenal in favour of us. As others has mentioned nice to see a player of this type of calibre desperate to play in the Royal Blue.

“I have just been told that Arsenal are as well interested, but my position is clear: I want to start the season with Everton. What Rennes are currently offering me is far behind my demands. Both clubs have to find an agreement to help me leave.

I’m aware that my directors have declared I won’t leave, but it’s just a means to make my price higher. I understand their position and I would do the same. It’s politics. Regarding what I’ve heard, I know [general manager Pierre] Dreossi is ready to let me leave. From my part, I don’t want to play for Rennes anymore.

Personally I don’t worry because English clubs have the resources to sign me. When they really want a player they are ready to spent whatever amount. I’m hopeful it will be done by next week. That kind of opportunity only happens once. Everton offer me €1.5m (£1.2m) whereas I don’t earn the half of it at Rennes. Even if I owe everything to this club Rennes, I have a family to feed, regardless the challenge, which is very interesting. It’s an ideal springboard for my career.”

Even though this doesn't need translating, the message is "I want to play for Everton, my manager will let me go, I have agreed terms - now i'm just on tenterhooks to see whether this club F$%$s another certain transfer up by pinching a few few pennies when they have sold players themelves for well above going rate!"

Come on Bill, the mancs wanted him a while back, Arsenal are interested, he wants us. What we waiting for Liverpool? Just like the sissoko ordeal? He's a big lad, he's young, he puts it about, anything less than £8m is a good deal!

“I have just been told that Arsenal are as well interested, but my position is clear: I want to start the season with Everton. What Rennes are currently offering me is far behind my demands. Both clubs have to find an agreement to help me leave.

I’m aware that my directors have declared I won’t leave, but it’s just a means to make my price higher. I understand their position and I would do the same. It’s politics. Regarding what I’ve heard, I know [general manager Pierre] Dreossi is ready to let me leave. From my part, I don’t want to play for Rennes anymore.

Personally I don’t worry because English clubs have the resources to sign me. When they really want a player they are ready to spent whatever amount. I’m hopeful it will be done by next week. That kind of opportunity only happens once. Everton offer me €1.5m (£1.2m) whereas I don’t earn the half of it at Rennes. Even if I owe everything to this club Rennes, I have a family to feed, regardless the challenge, which is very interesting. It’s an ideal springboard for my career.”

Even though this doesn't need translating, the message is "I want to play for Everton, my manager will let me go, I have agreed terms - now i'm just on tenterhooks to see whether this club F$%$s another certain transfer up by pinching a few few pennies when they have sold players themelves for well above going rate!"

Come on Bill, the mancs wanted him a while back, Arsenal are interested, he wants us. What we waiting for Liverpool? Just like the sissoko ordeal? He's a big lad, he's young, he puts it about, anything less than £8m is a good deal!

i agree with practically everything you just said brother

this shit is ridiculous. I mean i may be ignorant to how much money we have/have not got to pay out, but to be fair, this guy fits our needs, hes young and talented and is willing to come to us for much lower than you would expect. Now we originally bid £11 mil for moutinho, given that the 10.5 from aj was supposed to go into the transfer budget, i can only assume we have around £22mil to spend on players. If the max this will do is bring us down to £14mil, why not do it??

I am a dedicated evertonian, my dad was a supporter and i have always been a supporter. Due to certain events in my teenage years i became a lapsed fan and thus didn't watch/involve myself in football as much, but since 3 years ago i have been back into it and this is the first time ive been on a board to talk about the team.

Moyes is a great manager dont get me wrong, but there are plenty of players available out there for very decent prices, and im ashamed that up until now all weve had are excuses when we should be hearing that yet another player has signed for us. We need a player like M'Bia and i don't see how his enthusiasm, the mangers want to let him go, and our transfer budget cannot accomodate a player that would be invaluable at this point to us. I know that a lot of the transfer activity usually happens in the last 2 weeks and this has been an unusually quiet year on the transfer front, but still, Moyes needs to think about his options if we don't sign, and he doesnt need to clutch at straws when he has players begging to join the team.

I come on here and sky sports everyday constantly looking for updates and all i get is arteta saying we can pull through or another injury report. As much as i love everton, i really cant understand what could be the problem here, especially with M'Bia. With a high price player like moutinho i can understand but a footballer that thinks £23k a week is high pay, comparative to what some of the others earn, should already be part of our squad.

Im hoping ill check sky sports tomorrow to here that hell be flying in for a medical on friday and will be in the WBA game on saturday but really im fooling myself. Most likely well go down to the 31st and be biting our nails because we STILL dont have anyone....

sorry for the rant im quite soused and this should be a done deal by now, its bloody annoying :angry:

Thing that worries me is that its now only 2 days til our next game and once again it looks like we will be playing WBA with the same team that for large parts of the last game were out played.

Even if we annouce 1 or 2 signings today (which we won't) they wont be ready to start.

Instead we going to be struggling against a team that we should be looking at putting a good display in against and a good win.

On M'bia it does seem to me that I have to agree with Everton_Worshipper. Not once has he said he wants to join us cos he things it will be a good move for football only about money (which I am sure most players feel anyway just dont say it)

But if we have him for 2 years and sell him for double the amount we pay as he wants to move on whats wrong with that

My lack of respect for "black african americans" (Amarican??????) dont be a dickhead..... I dont give a shit where he is from or what race he is..........

He only wants to come for the money.......If he wants it soooooo bad...... PUT IN A TRASFER REQUEST thats all I ask........

If he does sign ... he will get my full support because........ as I guess you dont understand......... thats what we evertonians do.....

When he starts crying next year though for grasses greener..... yea Ill go and tell him to FUCK OFF

Edited by DangerMouse

Your comment about poverty and crying shows your lack of respect towards black african americans...Im sure stephane will not want to join a club that has fans like you supporting them.

However When he signs because he will... are you going to tell him to fuck off ?

WTF? Are you on this planet? When did "respect towards black african americans" come into this! You can't assume others think the same way you do.

As for telling him to fuck off, we have been trying that for ages with shandy andy and it hasn't worked so far - but then again we don't have respect for 'alcholic' dutch men with families to feed, apparently.

http://www.sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/New...space/football/

Rennes are claiming that they will not allow Mbia join and want to keep him fot at least one more year.

“Our position hasn’t changed,” Dreossi told the club’s official website. “We are still determined to keep Stephane Mbia.

This decision, I repeat it, is firm and definitive.”

Edited by jamiemaher85

Well I still do not think its a very good comment to make when a potential signing looks on his potential fans forum and reads mockery towards poverty and if he does'nt hand in a transfer request he can fuck off .

Well unlike that grubby white dutch guy you have ..stephane only wishes to show his current club some kind of loyalty.

You will sign a loyal player in stephane .

I appreciate your kind well thought responses.

If this guy is injured why the hell haven't we left this deal until the New Year window? His attitude appears to be mercenary which I don't think will sit well with Moyes but yet again we are pissing about trying to sign someone their club don't want to sell. In this case a New Year deal makes far more sense as his contract will only have months to run