IGNORED

Stephane M'bia

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know much about Stephane Mbia, but what i do know (if the rumours were true) is that he had a clear opportunity to come to us last summer. What it appears he was doing was holding out for arsenal, and again they have been mentioned in the same breath. Id love to see him in a blue shirt as he seems like a great asset but like im sure most of the fans on here do not want a player who doesnt want to be here, or thinks he's to good for the club. there is no reason after our last three season that we shouldnt (as long as we can afford them) be looking at the same players as the top four!

I dont know much about Stephane Mbia, but what i do know (if the rumours were true) is that he had a clear opportunity to come to us last summer. What it appears he was doing was holding out for arsenal, and again they have been mentioned in the same breath. Id love to see him in a blue shirt as he seems like a great asset but like im sure most of the fans on here do not want a player who doesnt want to be here, or thinks he's to good for the club. there is no reason after our last three season that we shouldnt (as long as we can afford them) be looking at the same players as the top four!

as far as I'm aware they didn't want to sell and rejected a sizeable bid from us. he said in the press he wanted to come here to get money to feed his famiyl and all that. i think he'd have happily signed for us...however, then when the arsenal interest came when the window shut he had a little jab at us but i dont think it was a case of him holding out for them .

• 2 weeks later...
I can't see us selling Arteta this summer, and even if we did, I don't think we'd see anywhere near 20mil for him, considering he's recovering from a serious injury. However, I can see him staying here for one more season, before going back to Spain.

unless Arteta engineered a move (which is unlikely) then there is absolutely no possibility he will be sold for any price, he is our best player by a mile and to replace him would cost a fortune anyway. The only player who may go (and I know the club are saying 'hands off') is Lescott. If City bid stupid money and if we don't have much to spend then I wouldn't blame Moyes for selling him. Yobo and Jags are a superb partnership, Rodwell looks nearly ready and we could pick up a decent defender fairly cheap who can cover. The centre of defence is the only position we have brilliant cover in for our first 11, yet we still have positions (RB, RW, DM, possibly second striker) which we don't have one truly class player in, so for me - possibly sell Lescott for £18m and buy two real quality players down the right hand side, we would be a far better team and still have money to spend elsewhere.

I won't blame Moyes if he decides against selling Lescott but at the same time, I think it may be in the best interests of the team (like it was with Rooney) if we do and strengthen.

I'd really like him here. I have paid more attention to him this season after we where linked with him last summer. Its worth noting that last summer his agent said that we had an agreement to sign him so i would read very little into that article. I think he'd be a good addition.

unless Arteta engineered a move (which is unlikely) then there is absolutely no possibility he will be sold for any price, he is our best player by a mile and to replace him would cost a fortune anyway. The only player who may go (and I know the club are saying 'hands off') is Lescott. If City bid stupid money and if we don't have much to spend then I wouldn't blame Moyes for selling him. Yobo and Jags are a superb partnership, Rodwell looks nearly ready and we could pick up a decent defender fairly cheap who can cover. The centre of defence is the only position we have brilliant cover in for our first 11, yet we still have positions (RB, RW, DM, possibly second striker) which we don't have one truly class player in, so for me - possibly sell Lescott for £18m and buy two real quality players down the right hand side, we would be a far better team and still have money to spend elsewhere.

I won't blame Moyes if he decides against selling Lescott but at the same time, I think it may be in the best interests of the team (like it was with Rooney) if we do and strengthen.

Jags is out until at least December so we dont have any cover at all for CB

Guest efctaxi
Jags is out until at least December so we dont have any cover at all for CB

Where did you read that mate ?

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/350799806?-11192

Everton have denied the rumours that they're in negotiations <_<

We always do, i dont think moyes does anything just sits there till the last day before the transfer windows close an then dials an random number an prays he gets a good player.

Nar only joking, it is annoying tho as i'd like to see us sign player early.

0938 BST: Sunderland are being linked to £6m-rated Rennes midfielder Stephane M'bia.

Says in The Sun today (and I know they are not that accurate) that we are about to close an £8m deal for him.

Bit more than the £6m mentioned above, or the £4m mentioned in previous posts.

What do people think? £8m a good price? I have not seen alot of him, but would love to have a big powerful midfielder to bully teams.....Is he that kind of player? Or box to box? Just interested.

Says in The Sun today (and I know they are not that accurate) that we are about to close an £8m deal for him.

Bit more than the £6m mentioned above, or the £4m mentioned in previous posts.

What do people think? £8m a good price? I have not seen alot of him, but would love to have a big powerful midfielder to bully teams.....Is he that kind of player? Or box to box? Just interested.

lol, 8 million for 1 player, were are we getting this from, we need a few squad players at least aswell to deal with potential injuuries like we had this season, plus teh europa league, so i personally can't see us going for him, if his valuation has shot up that much. I could be wrong though...

----------------------FELLAINI---------------

-------------MBIA-----------------NEVILLE----------------------osman (undercased because he is a midget)

neville would have to revert to RB to let cahill and arteta back into the squad (he's shit on the right but then again so is Osman).

Furthermore though, I think Cahill operates better as a impact sub, but that's me.

Edited by `Moe Joe.